How did you meet your Thai girlfriend?

1happykamper

Many just keep paying month in month out,year after year until death either comes or the relationship turns sour.

I have seen it first hand in my relatively short time here 7 years.

I must add that I have lived in that time in a rural setting in Phetchabun province but of all the expats I've met they all are in the same boat,it's rather sad really as some of the much younger wives are absolutely gagging for it,clearly not getting enough.

Thai woman are a resilient bunch often waiting years for the Farang sponsor to die.

Having achieved the ultimate goal of a big house,car,gold,children from previous Thai marriage schooled and educated to a higher than average level.

It's really been educational over the years.

It must really get up your nose seeing old retirees with young birds, you never miss an opportunity to rag on them. What happened, one run off with your missus?biggrin.png

Hardly most of the ones I know can barely walk,let alone run.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were friends and it just developed from there.

She was the pay lady at a company in Bangkok that some of my Thai friends were associated with and she hung out with their wives.

We were both in a relationship during our days as friends and we're both cheated on.

Many just keep paying month in month out,year after year until death either comes or the relationship turns sour.

I must add that I have lived in that time in a rural setting in Phetchabun province but of all the expats I've met they all are in the same boat,it's rather sad really as some of the much younger wives are absolutely gagging for it,clearly not getting enough.

Thai woman are a resilient bunch often waiting years for the Farang sponsor to die.

Having achieved the ultimate goal of a big house,car,gold,children from previous Thai marriage schooled and educated to a higher than average level.

It must really get up your nose seeing old retirees with young birds, you never miss an opportunity to rag on them. What happened, one run off with your missus?biggrin.png

I find it amusing that you take such umbrage at it

The mistake the old farang codgers make is thinking that Thailand is some sort of "free zone" where societal perceptions of what is normal or abnormal are somehow suspended . . . well, sorry but they're NOT

As many Thais as farangs find the practice of "intergenerational" sexual relationships particularly odious - Thais are just better at keeping their mouths shut

The fact is that, like it or not, people - YOU included - make judgments every minute of every day about everybody else - the shaven-headed, tattooed guy in a Chang wifebeater is looked at as a potential yob, the young guy with a laptop bag is dismissed as one of those pesky digital nomads probably on a dodgy visa etc. If those two guys take umbrage with that judgment, most would tell them to modify their behaviour/appearance and the judgments should stop

With that in mind, I would suggest that if old men don't like people making judgments about them and their much younger Thai wives/girlfriends, they should modify their behaviour

Basically, if you don't like people to comment on the stink of your laundry, don't air it in public

Never answered my question. I guess the answer is either too painful or too embarrassing.

Your question wasn't addressed to me but I might as well bite.

Women I deal with have self-respect.

They'd be utterly mortified at the prospect of doing anything more intimate with an old man than handing him his gout meds

How do you know what these young girls got up to before they met their younger partner. I ask this because I know of a couple of youngish farangs who married young educated Thai girls completely unaware of how they'd previously supplemented there income. I have actually been in their company when the husbands made comments similar to yours,and their wives agreed, while at the same time keeping a straight face.

I find it amusing that you take such umbrage at it

The mistake the old farang codgers make is thinking that Thailand is some sort of "free zone" where societal perceptions of what is normal or abnormal are somehow suspended . . . well, sorry but they're NOT

As many Thais as farangs find the practice of "intergenerational" sexual relationships particularly odious - Thais are just better at keeping their mouths shut

The fact is that, like it or not, people - YOU included - make judgments every minute of every day about everybody else - the shaven-headed, tattooed guy in a Chang wifebeater is looked at as a potential yob, the young guy with a laptop bag is dismissed as one of those pesky digital nomads probably on a dodgy visa etc. If those two guys take umbrage with that judgment, most would tell them to modify their behaviour/appearance and the judgments should stop

With that in mind, I would suggest that if old men don't like people making judgments about them and their much younger Thai wives/girlfriends, they should modify their behaviour

Basically, if you don't like people to comment on the stink of your laundry, don't air it in public

Never answered my question. I guess the answer is either too painful or too embarrassing.

Your question wasn't addressed to me but I might as well bite.

They'd be utterly mortified at the prospect of doing anything more intimate with an old man than handing him his gout meds

How do you know what these young girls got up to before they met their younger partner. I ask this because I know of a couple of youngish farangs who married young educated Thai girls completely unaware of how they'd previously supplemented there income. I have actually been in their company when the husbands made comments similar to yours,and their wives agreed, while at the same time keeping a straight face.

And yet you'd be happy to have your daughter marry an old geezer, as long as he was a rich old geezer. Get what I mean about double standards/hypocrisy?

If my daughter was in the West and hooked up with an old man, there's a really good chance he'd at least have real world wealth and, I suppose, I could live with it . . . just

If she was here, though and considering an ex-Network Rail ticket inspector on a goat-cheese pension, I'd disown her in the blink of an eye and empty a clip into his face

So basically let her go to the highest bidder?

Always the same chorus moralist contemptuous about money and women.
We can compare with good wine.
Those who do not have talk about the dangers of alcohol.
But those who have like to share it with lovely people.

Cypress Hill said

Has it ever occurred to you that you will be an 'old codger' soon as well. You want a woman with self respect but you are often disrespectful, so why would a woman with self respect want anything to do with a disrespectful man?

And yet you'd be happy to have your daughter marry an old geezer, as long as he was a rich old geezer. Get what I mean about double standards/hypocrisy?

Double standard?

You mean in the same way that you'd choose one woman and reject another based on, say, the size of their breasts?

Has it ever occurred to you that you will be an 'old codger' soon as well. You want a woman with self respect but you are often disrespectful, so why would a woman with self respect want anything to do with a disrespectful man?

The fact that I will soon be old isn't lost on me but I'm not going to be running around like a lascivious teenager trying to bed women 30 years my junior, am I?

Edited by Cypress Hill

Double standard?

You mean in the same way that you'd choose one woman and reject another based on, say, the size of their breasts?

A little different than pimping out your daughter.

I met my wife at an atm, i was getting cash out and she was behind me, i didnt know she saw i had 15 million baht in the account, and chatted me up, the rest is history, i have 14 million left in my thai bank.

She is very white and has been educated to university level, and can speak 5 languages, she is 85 years old

Edited by Bernard Flint

I was introduced to my Wife by my close Thai friends Wife...

We chatted and got along well.

The next day I then had to ask my friends wife to call and persuade her friend to go on a date with me.... Her famous words to her were 'what's the big deal?, it's not as if you are going to marry him'.... We were married two years later!

I introduced to myself to her in the presence of mutual acquaintances at a society gathering in a major city in the UK. Arranged to meet over lunch.

Edited by Morakot

I introduced to myself to her in the presence of mutual acquaintances at a society gathering in a major city in the UK. Arranged to meet over lunch.

Ah, now, one that is financially self sufficient to finance a university course in the UK, if so, she would probably be a good girl.

Bought mine from her mum.

Not all that expensive either, I got a good deal.

probably the one 50 men sent back as damaged.

Met mine through her work as a police officer in Bangkok, at the time she was not very talkative , but she soon wore me down after two years,

Edited by Thongkorn

Bought mine from her mum.

Not all that expensive either, I got a good deal.

probably the one 50 men sent back as damaged.

Only 50? .......... must have been my lucky day!

..... and probably only half the number that you have been through smile.png

She was running a restaurant / bar on Ko Samet. I had come for a couple of days but it turned into a fortnight and she left with me.

Years later, we were talking to a Swedish couple (very christian) and my wife explained that I used to be her number 1 customer when she worked at a bar. They completely misunderstood.facepalm.gif

In a bar of course. The same as everyone else wink.png

I didn't, I wonder how many Thaivisa members met their Thai wives in a Thai bar.

IMO. I would say about 60% did.

If its only 60% the other 39.999% are liars.

Sent from my c64