Family of murdered Hannah Witheridge pleaded with her to not go backpacking in Thailand

webfact

Isn't there a word limit of 200 words per post jimmybkk.

If not there certainly should.

I'm so sorry, though I value your excellent post, I was not able to get through as I only have one hour for lunch.

Bless.

Irrespective of your position on the issues, a post like that completely undermines your credibility. Flippant, arrogant and patronizing. You clearly don't "value" his post and it belies a lack of respect for others.

If you didn't have time to respond properly you could have waited until later or posted to say so. Your post is the equivalent of TL;DR which means "Too long, didn't read," generally used by disrespectful children posting on the internet who don't realize their disrespect for others is effectively admitting they are also too stupid or lazy to read a text.

Looking forward to when you have more time on your hands and may lower yourself to actually engage with the points made instead of behaving like a 12 year old girl.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We must all bear in mind that Greenhair has an agenda and that is to get this thread closed, that ploy may be successful, it has worked in the past, but I hope common sense prevails and folk ignore the angle being pushed. There is still a lot of useful information coming forward.

Right now 2 young Burmese men are sitting in a Thai jail convicted for crimes that they may or may not have committed. There is an appeal in the works by their defense team. I don't know what's in it, but my guess is they won't be mentioning spear guns or races run in stadiums with the lights out.

Edited by JLCrab

We must all bear in mind that Greenhair has an agenda and that is to get this thread closed, that ploy may be successful, it has worked in the past, but I hope common sense prevails and folk ignore the angle being pushed. There is still a lot of useful information coming forward.

Yes lots of useful info still to come. The KT documentary tonight may shed some further light also. Lets see

Edited by jayjay78

Right now 2 young Burmese men are sitting in a Thai jail convicted for crimes that they may or may not have committed. There is an appeal in the works by their defense team. I don't know what's in it, but my guess is they won't be mentioning spear guns or races run in stadiums with the lights out.

I'm pleased you and I aren't the only ones able to find the time to read and digest all of jimmybkk's post! It'll be interesting to find out what basis(es) of the appeal will be.

At the moment I'm trying to get my head round why it was that 3 Burmese workers originally confessed to the rape and murders, but only the B2 were charged and eventually found guilty after a flawed investigation. Even more confusing is why the B2 were found guilty, when it appears there is only the flimsiest of evidence implicating 1 of them? If you haven't anything constructive to say that'll satisfy my curiosity on these points , I won't be too concerned because I have a feeling Greenchair is 'chomping at the bit' and will soon 'saddle-up' to ride in with a plausible response.

I think the documentary did a good job under the circumstances and will not do any harm to the cause of the B2. However we are told there are 2 versions of the programme. Maybe the one for screening in Europe may be more hard hitting.

I think the documentary did a good job under the circumstances and will not do any harm to the cause of the B2. However we are told there are 2 versions of the programme. Maybe the one for screening in Europe may be more hard hitting.

Its on again at 1.01am Singapore time, I missed the first 30 mins so will stay up to watch again. Yes the UK version is apparently less sanitized

I'm pleased you and I aren't the only ones able to find the time to read and digest all of jimmybkk's post! It'll be interesting to find out what basis(es) of the appeal will be.

At the moment I'm trying to get my head round why it was that 3 Burmese workers originally confessed to the rape and murders, but only the B2 were charged and eventually found guilty after a flawed investigation. Even more confusing is why the B2 were found guilty, when it appears there is only the flimsiest of evidence implicating 1 of them? If you haven't anything constructive to say that'll satisfy my curiosity on these points , I won't be too concerned because I have a feeling Greenchair is 'chomping at the bit' and will soon 'saddle-up' to ride in with a plausible response.

I realize there is a documentary now that may reveal things hitherto unknown but there most likely won't be anything really constructive to say until the appeal document is released but you probably wouldn't convince persons on here of that.

Wei Phyo went to the 7/11 around 11 pm. He purchased an expensive brand of ciggerette and a bottle of wine. He and his mates sat and played guitar, in the place that was exactly the path that Hannah must take to get to her room, and a few meters away from where she was found. The Muang Muang left wearing Wei Phyo long sleeved shirt because he was cold, but strangely changed into shorts, because he originally was wearing jeans. Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin then went swimming at around 2AM even though it was cold and raining. Wei Phyo did not want to get Muang Muang shirt wet so took it off before swimming. After swimming they see that the tshirt had been stolen. They then went home, but for some reason Wei Phyo left his shoes behind. Then suddenly at about 3.30 am Muang leaves his girlfriend and goes to the boys room and wakes them up. At 4am they go back to the beach to look for the guitar and Wei Phyo shoes. At that time Wei Phyo says he just happened to see a phone on the beach. But when he gave it to his friend, he lied and said it was from the restaurant. His friend heard about the murders, and asked Wei Phyo where the phone came from. Wei Phyo then told the truth, that it came from the beach. Ren Ren then destroyed the phone and hid it behind their lodgings.

The wine bottle which is the same brand they bought was at the crime scene. The ciggerette butts that were the same brand they bought were found a meters from the scene with hannah dna on it. The time of death was anywhere between 2am and 5.30 am. They were not all tucked up in bed a 2am as Andy would have us believe.

The police had reasonable grounds to present a case to the court even without dna.

Wei Phyo went to the 7/11 around 11 pm. He purchased an expensive brand of ciggerette and a bottle of wine. He and his mates sat and played guitar, in the place that was exactly the path that Hannah must take to get to her room, and a few meters away from where she was found. The Muang Muang left wearing Wei Phyo long sleeved shirt because he was cold, but strangely changed into shorts, because he originally was wearing jeans. Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin then went swimming at around 2AM even though it was cold and raining. Wei Phyo did not want to get Muang Muang shirt wet so took it off before swimming. After swimming they see that the tshirt had been stolen. They then went home, but for some reason Wei Phyo left his shoes behind. Then suddenly at about 3.30 am Muang leaves his girlfriend and goes to the boys room and wakes them up. At 4am they go back to the beach to look for the guitar and Wei Phyo shoes. At that time Wei Phyo says he just happened to see a phone on the beach. But when he gave it to his friend, he lied and said it was from the restaurant. His friend heard about the murders, and asked Wei Phyo where the phone came from. Wei Phyo then told the truth, that it came from the beach. Ren Ren then destroyed the phone and hid it behind their lodgings.

The wine bottle which is the same brand they bought was at the crime scene. The ciggerette butts that were the same brand they bought were found a meters from the scene with hannah dna on it. The time of death was anywhere between 2am and 5.30 am. They were not all tucked up in bed a 2am as Andy would have us believe.

The police had reasonable grounds to present a case to the court even without dna.

How did Hannah's DNA get on the cigarette but, she was a non smoker and who said it was her DNA? Do not say the Thai police said it was her DNA because no one on this site will believe you if you say that. They have been further discredited by the documentary shown tonight on Singapore TV.

Total rubbish. The rtp had nothing. End of.

I am quite bored of anwering your posts, it is again inacurate and dishonest, I will not waste my time with it.

I think you have proven to be less than credible in the last few days, so I won't change anything by correcting you and your posts are probably not read seriously by a lot of people anyway.

There is no strong evidence against the B2, only circumstancial, they could really have been there at the wrong place and the wrong time, and that is not enough to send someone to their death or to a life in prison.

There are countless reports about how the investigation was unreliable, with the same tunnel vision you have proven to have..,

How did Hannah's DNA get on the cigarette but, she was a non smoker and who said it was her DNA? Do not say the Thai police said it was her DNA because no one on this site will believe you if you say that. They have been further discredited by the documentary shown tonight on Singapore TV.

Conveniently this is one of the majority of DNA evidences that can't be retested, as it has been used up or lost...

plus the cigarettes were not found at the crime scene but where they played music, about 60m from the crime scene if I recall correctly, it is therefore far less important.

The bottle is not part of the evidence, it was on some pictures of the crime scene -which has been probably manipulated before the late arrival of the police- And how can he say it was the same brand as the one the B2 drank? source please.

Greenchair has outdone herself with this one, a lot less subtile than the few others sharing her view.

Edited by fab99

Wei Phyo went to the 7/11 around 11 pm.

So what? That's close to 6 hours before the crime. It signifies what?

Wei Phyo and Zaw Lin then went swimming at around 2AM....

Really? I thought they went swimming AFTER the crime took place. If it was after the crime, it might indicate they may have needed to wash something (blood?) off their bodies. If what you're saying is true, then going swimming hours BEFORE the crime is moot. It doesn't signify anything related to the crime.

The wine bottle which is the same brand they bought was at the crime scene.

First off, neither RTP nor prosecution mentioned a wine bottle in relation to the crime. The only mention was at the interrogation, a BROKEN wine bottle was mentioned by the translator. Nothing prior, nothing since by RTP. It was only a month ago that those of us seeking truth saw the photo of an INTACT bottle at the crime scene. It's not possible to read the label, so neither you nor I know whether it was a wine bottle or what. Even so, the RTP and prosecution don't acknowledge any bottle at the crime scene, broken or unbroken. If RTP did find a bottle which might connect the B2 to the crime, they would be happily touting it as evidence. Their silence speaks volumes.

IS it possible to view this programme? Only checked in now and obviously too late. I'm in Ireland, but can VPN if necessary

No VPN necessary http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/live

But if in bonny Ireland then you need to check time difference as the next screening is 1.01am Singapore

Many thanks for the link.

Thought it was a one-of documentary type programme. Maybe someone will upload them at a later date to watch at a convenient time.

Thanks again.

greenchair, on 01 Mar 2016 - 06:47, said:

Isn't there a word limit of 200 words per post jimmybkk.

If not there certainly should.

I'm so sorry, though I value your excellent post, I was not able to get through as I only have one hour for lunch.

Bless.

Pity you can't read as well as the rest of us. Bless..... giggle.gif

glenmohr, on 01 Mar 2016 - 15:04, said:
greenchair, on 01 Mar 2016 - 14:48, said:

Have you seen it, glenmohr?

IS it possible to view this programme? Only checked in now and obviously too late. I'm in Ireland, but can VPN if necessary

But if in bonny Ireland then you need to check time difference as the next screening is 1.01am Singapore

Thought it was a one-of documentary type programme. Maybe someone will upload them at a later date to watch at a convenient time.

Thanks again.

If you go to that linked website Alt you will see that there is also a screening at 6.00 pm tomorrow Singapore time

I haven't yet seen the Channel 4 documentary. Am hoping it will get on Youtube. It will be interesting to see whether it will be mentioned/referred to in major Thai newspapers. My guess is; it won't. From the PM on down, top brass are doing all they can to silence any commentary about this. Similarly, they're smothering news relating to the PM's army buddy who allegedly took under-the-table money for the big new park with many bronze statues (I can't recall the name). It's somewhat like a house with 100 cats, and large can of sardines explodes in the living room, and the householder is rushing around trying to keep the cats from eating any of the smelly fish.

glenmohr, on 01 Mar 2016 - 15:04, said:
greenchair, on 01 Mar 2016 - 14:48, said:

Have you seen it, glenmohr?

YEP, Might catch it again 5.00 pm tomorrow, hope we can also plug into the UK version when it goes to air.

alt, on 01 Mar 2016 - 15:30, said:
jayjay78, on 01 Mar 2016 - 15:10, said:
alt, on 01 Mar 2016 - 15:00, said:

Thanks again.

Time in Singapore is GMT/UTC + 8. You should be able to watch it live in Ireland at 5pm tonight, 1st March.