Retired general's immodest proposal pits Prostitutes, Coyotes against Monk Mob

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a misogynist POS. Men on all sides are acting like total imbeciles and his solution is degrade women further. Crème de la crème of society right there. facepalm.gif

Guess you missed the point entirely. But nice trick injecting your femino-political fertilizer into the discussion.

White knight, or disgruntled neo-feminist?

let's say they would implement this general's creative monk problem solving idea, using femininity as a weapon of mass-defrocktion, I believe the Sangha would immediately come up with a doctrine exempting the monks in these circumstances...

Mass-defrocktion... clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by jaywalker

There was the suggestion some of them were not real monks with the amount of hair on their heads, also one monk having a soldier in a head lock.

The account I read said a soldier had to put a monk in a headlock.

Just ban monks from protesting same as other people take away their cellphone and tv's, ban them from reading newspapers, Im sure the enlightened one would be happy then.

My gf went to a temple in Hua Hin. The monk asked for her Line ID and then started stalking her and asking her for dates. She was forced to block and delete him and is now afraid to go back to that temple.

Many Monks are just hypocrites and scumbags that are using religion to shield their corrupt and immoral ways.

Same as most religions.

Edited by ALLSEEINGEYE

I reckon this Major General is one cool dude Thai - he obviously has a penchant for sarcasm and wit.

As a rule, Thais don't do sarcasm very well. So this is an interesting development in the upper echelons of the army.

I bet he didn't attend university in Nakon Nowhere. coffee1.gif

And he's also displaying another trait that is distinctly alien to the Thai administration. He's thinking totally outside the box!! He offers a dynamic solution to a problem that let's face it, would probably work. thumbsup.gif

Yes sarcasm, but it wouldn't really work.

A Buddhist monk touched in such a way by a female soldier, market vendor, or what not, is probably still pure and therefore a monk. Especially, if Buddhist authorities would make such a pronouncement.

Edited by Morakot

There was the suggestion some of them were not real monks with the amount of hair on their heads, also one monk having a soldier in a head lock.

Monks only shave their heads about every 15 days not every day. So it is quite normal to see monks with some hair growth.

Stupid story, but why does it have to be said that he is an aristocrat, a silver-tail. Does it make him more believable ? What part does this play in the story, other than to feed the ever-present fascination of Thais with the elite and wealthy. After-all just look at the soapies, not exactly the norm in Thai society.

Why is it a stupid story or crazy idea? Monks at the "rally" were physically assaulting and pushing the male soldiers also they were pushing vehicles out of the way that had been placed to disallow vehicle access. That probably wouldn't have happened if the first line had been women as Monk's cannot touch a lay woman.

Monks only shave their heads about every 15 days not every day. So it is quite normal to see monks with some hair growth.

Actually, monks shave their heads once a month, almost always on the day before the full moon.

What this demonstration with the police and army showed me is, that Wat Dhammakaya is in bad need of some of Prayuts brand of intermission. Peaceful demonstrations I can understand, fighting with the police and army is not on the agenda. These monks are really worried that their beloved abbot is in trouble if this abbot from Wat Paknam is not made the Supreme Patriarch. coffee1.gif

Actually, monks shave their heads once a month, almost always on the day before the full moon.

What this demonstration with the police and army showed me is, that Wat Dhammakaya is in bad need of some of Prayuts brand of intermission. Peaceful demonstrations I can understand, fighting with the police and army is not on the agenda. These monks are really worried that their beloved abbot is in trouble if this abbot from Wat Paknam is not made the Supreme Patriarch. coffee1.gif

when was the last full moon?

I found it: 15 February.. So they SHOULD have all been baby smoooth!

Edited by casualbiker