PM not eyeing to extend power, urges cooperation from all sectors

rooster59

PM not eyeing to extend power, urges cooperation from all sectors

Surapan Laotharanarit

BANGKOK, 19 February 2016 (NNT) – The Prime Minister has reaffirmed that newly-enacted laws are not intended to prolong his power while asking all sides to cooperate with him in propelling the country forward.

While presiding over a workshop under a project to strengthen the grassroots economy in compliance with the civil state policy, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha proposed that the civil state policy be allowed to run its course as it will help fix the country’s problems.

The premier compared the policy to the ten fingers, for each of them has its own function and is indispensable. Therefore, he encouraged all sectors to integrate their efforts for the future of the country while affirming the government will remain open to any opinions and suggestions.

In addition, Gen Prayut reiterated that the issuance of new laws is only meant to ensure peace and order and prevent corruption. The Prime Minister said his intention is not to extend his power beyond his term but to return that power into the hands of the people.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-01-20 footer_n.gif

Cooperate. Or else.

The guy is an ignorant, autocratic dinosaur.

And he has displayed that countless times.

The most disturbing aspect of this debacle they call a "government", is that the puppet masters chose this guy.

"The premier compared the policy to the ten fingers"

The video that taught him this concept has been leaked:

Cooperate. Or else.

The guy is an ignorant, autocratic dinosaur.

And he has displayed that countless times.

The most disturbing aspect of this debacle they call a "government", is that the puppet masters chose this guy.

"The premier compared the policy to the ten fingers"

The video that taught him this concept has been leaked:

I agree with almost everything.

I think we need to be careful in how we think about this guy though. The royalist elites and the military are partners in this scheme, but I don't view the military as puppets of anyone. There are powerful people on both sides and the ones which are not in the military don't really want to be public figures in this scheme, do they? o clearly the general takes on that public role.

But this moron did rise to the top of one of Thailand's largest, most corrupt organizations. That is not a characteristic of a puppet.

Is this the man that said immediately before he lead a military coup, that he would not stage a military coup? coffee1.gif

The same chap. I also vaguely recall something about not becoming Prime Minister?

But then I may have misheard, what with all the excitement about lottery ticket prices and deckchairs in Phuket...

Edited by JAG

Is this the man that said immediately before he lead a military coup, that he would not stage a military coup? coffee1.gif

The same chap. I also vaguely recall something about not becoming Prime Minister?

But then I may have misheard, what with all the excitement about lottery ticket prices and deckchairs in Phuket...

How about the claim right after the coup that there'd be elections in 1 year?

Can't believe a word from this snake or his slimy backers.

....and bicycle lanes.

And bicycle lanes. How could I forget the bicycle lanes. Up here in rural Chiang Rai we talk of little else!

Perhaps he should ( reluctantly) stay on, if only so that the whole kingdom can be linked by bycicle lanes? No one will be able to afford a bike mind you....

Edited by JAG

The Economist just put out an interesting article, titled "Twentieth time lucky?". With a title like that you know it has to be good. It ends with:

"It is a febrile mood, and no end of conspiracy theories posit what a scheming junta intends to do next. Yet the debacle surrounding the constitution may hint at something more worrying still: that Thailand’s self-chosen leaders have no real strategy at all." http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21693251-some-generals-come-up-new-plan-saving-thailand-democracy-twentieth-time-lucky

They may be right, the junta doesn't seem very good at thinking things through. Perhaps we should worry less about what the junta's plans are, and worry more that they have no plans.

The Economist just put out an interesting article, titled "Twentieth time lucky?". With a title like that you know it has to be good. It ends with:

"It is a febrile mood, and no end of conspiracy theories posit what a scheming junta intends to do next. Yet the debacle surrounding the constitution may hint at something more worrying still: that Thailands self-chosen leaders have no real strategy at all." http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21693251-some-generals-come-up-new-plan-saving-thailand-democracy-twentieth-time-lucky

They may be right, the junta doesn't seem very good at thinking things through. Perhaps we should worry less about what the junta's plans are, and worry more that they have no plans.

The "no real strategy" can be ditto for the economic, foreign public relationship and reconciliation. However they do have a strategy regarding with the writing of the charter to maintain the establishment power grip over the people and highly skewed reforms.