PM: Sufficiency Economy Philosophy presented to G77 meeting

rooster59

PM: Sufficiency Economy Philosophy presented to G77 meeting

Thammarat Thadaphrom

BANGKOK, 5 March 2016 (NNT) – The Thai Premier presented His Majesty the King’s Sufficiency Economy Philosophy to the recently-held G77 meeting.

Prime Minister and head of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha said the King’s Sufficiency Economy principle was well-received at the G77 meeting. G77 group comprises of 134 developing countries around the world.

He said he had highlighted at the meeting that the principle which has been known in Thailand for over 40 years would lead the United Nations to development and success over the next 15 years.

He also shared with the meeting Thailand’s success in adopting the King’s principle despite having some obstacles along the way.

Lastly he said the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy is not a fixed formula, but a principle that must be implemented in different approaches according to the environment and geographical conditions.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-05 footer_n.gif

"He said he had highlighted at the meeting that the principle which has been known in Thailand for over 40 years would lead the United Nations to development and success over the next 15 years."

So why is Thailand so <deleted!> up? I find his speech embrassing to the extreme. Why is he so intent on making himself look so foolish?

Lastly he said the Sufficiency Economy Philosophy is not a fixed formula, but a principle that must be implemented in different approaches according to the environment and geographical conditions.

Here we go again, what is sufficient for some is too little for others. How about this, put a number forward, say 2 million baht, anyone that has more can contribute to those that have less. Once everyone has the same amount, they have sufficient, unless of course they're in Bangkok or Phuket, where they should naturally be entitled to more according to the quoted statement. Madness is what it actually is.

"He said he had highlighted at the meeting that the principle which has been known in Thailand for over 40 years would lead the United Nations to development and success over the next 15 years."

It almost sounds like he thinks the UN is a country :blink::P

Here we go again, what is sufficient for some is too little for others. How about this, put a number forward, say 2 million baht, anyone that has more can contribute to those that have less. Once everyone has the same amount, they have sufficient, unless of course they're in Bangkok or Phuket, where they should naturally be entitled to more according to the quoted statement. Madness is what it actually is.

Now, now rr711, Truth, Logic and Common Sense have no place in La La Land...................

He said he had highlighted at the meeting that the principle which has been known in Thailand for over 40 years would lead the United Nations to development and success over the next 15 years.

He wants them to have the same success that Thailand has had in 40 years of applying the sufficiency principal? God help the world then.

The principal, as applied by past Thai governments, amounts to keeping the populace poor and uneducated. The HiSo elites must not be challenged on any level, ever.

It's a nice idea but ultimately abused by the high sos here. You paupers best manage the scraps we give you!

Not just here, China was supposed to be communist, now it's the home of the most billionaires in the world. Russia was supposed to be communist, more billionaires. I don't pretend to know all there is to know on the subject, I always thought it meant that everyone was supposed to be equal and share the wealth. Turns out that whatever it was supposed to be was mutilated into a method of disempowering the average guy, so the elite could gain wealth. It's everywhere and it's sickening.

Farcical. Para. 1 speaking on behalf of other nations AGAIN! Para. 2 utter blind arrogance. As if Thailand is the beacon of light that will lead the developing world into the modern era.

Honestly, the sufficiency economy is a great model IMO. Buy as others have pointed out, it has been manipulated by the PTB over the decades so as to be used as a propagandistic tool of oppression against the rural poor.

I have a new idea...its called arithmetic economy. If you have two apples, and I give you three more apples, how many apples do you have in total?

You see...it's genious!

We can use this somehow to make people happy, splash less water, and reduce deaths on the roads...now common, be positive, get behind it, and we can develop the UN in the next 20 years. All together now......

Thailand’s success in adopting the King’s principle

Really?

- flat or contracting export growth

- exports lowest in 4 years

- 13 months of negative inflation

- flight of foreign capital

- collapse of a profitable agricultural sector

- lowest growth rate in ASEAN

- Industries Sentiment Index declined

- baht depreciated from 28/USD to 35/USD

- consumer confidence falters

- middle income trap

- etc.

The PM urged Thai people to learn more about economic systems. Maybe he should take his own advice. wai2.gif

It's a very old common sense philosophy. Give me a break-if you can think and read, there is mass amounts of material on this subject

A 20 million baht Ferrari is sufficient for me, I don't need anything more than that. Unless of course you get a better one, then I will need something else. A farmer in Issan may be happy with a Kubota, I'm saying that a sufficiency economy might work well if a fair minded person got to administer it, someone who can tell you that you don't need a car or a better house so don't aspire to it, know your place. I don't know one person that would be happy being told what they should have, if I did I would scoff.

Thailands success in adopting the Kings principle

Really?

- flat or contracting export growth

- exports lowest in 4 years

- 13 months of negative inflation

- flight of foreign capital

- collapse of a profitable agricultural sector

- lowest growth rate in ASEAN

- Industries Sentiment Index declined

- baht depreciated from 28/USD to 35/USD

- consumer confidence falters

- middle income trap

- etc.

The PM urged Thai people to learn more about economic systems. Maybe he should take his own advice. wai2.gif

Compare those indices with most countries.

Do the well connected educated elite follow this path? or is it sufficient only for the uneducated poor with no future and to keep quiet, accept their fate, and continue to remain subservient for the rest of their lives while their potential wealth is swept from under their feet? Would be nice to hold a Q&A session with the Junta on this very topic in London - If they truly believe their policy to be so wonderful, they should be able to do this otherwise its purported merits frankly just do not hold water.

For any policy, event, or task, its always important to get independent, unbiased, feedback because that's what makes us better. Silencing people and providing misinformation is the work of evil not good.

It's a good theory but if those who did not write the theory present it in an unclear way, it might result in the theory getting ignored by the rest of the world. When presenting the work of others, speakers should do so carefully so they don't bring discredit on the author with poorly prepared presentations.