Thai police general is among the list of mafia bosses handed over to police by Army

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"But he said there is a number of errors on the list as several discrepancies have been found with regards to the standing of certain officers listed."

So let's get this right: 'Some names which are still active are on the inactive list while other retired officers are listed as active' - in other words, they've apparently managed to determine some people might be bad without having determined those people's current status. How can they know anything about a person if they aren't even in control of basic facts?

Thai officialdom sure has a knack for stupidity.

Credibility will go through the roof if these people are seen to be given hefty sentences. No matter if they are active or retired it should not matter they have to be brought to justice and justice must be seen to be done.

Credibility in Thailand? My brain is being twisted in way I never thought possible.... Glad it'll only be temporary. What next? Accountability????

not prejudiced nor was it politically motivated.....? Says who ?

the prejudiced politically motivated team handling the case. ''Phew ! thank God my names not on the list, we will have to give that whistle blower a good talking to''

The army drew up the list. What are the odds that they are no military officers in the list. This looks like an extrajudiciary listing of criminals and possible political enemies. This nothing but a license to harass and intimidate oppositions. Sure they will arrest a few criminals to make the appearance looks good. The real motives are questionable when you draw up a list arbitrarily.

I did chuckle once when I observed the "Crime Suppression Unit" collecting envelopes on Cowboy....

To modify a famous scene from "Casablanca":

Police Chief: "I am shocked, shocked, to learn there is bribery taking place here!"

Bar employee: "Your envelope sir."

Police Chief: "Oh, thank you."

Police Chief pockets the envelope and makes a quick exit.

I'm afraid that Thailand has not enough prison cells to include an additional 6,000 criminal bosses.sad.png

That hardly matters as none of them will be prosecuted, they are being asked nicely to stop, for the time being..

Unfortunately, it will be so.

There is a list containing the names of more than 6,000 criminal bosses throughout the entire country.

What will happen?

Probably nothing.

But against the small Facebook Writers, they carry out the full §44 program.

Edited by tomacht8

Job of army - defend country against external threats.

Job of police - defend country against internal threats uphold law and order

Yet it takes the ARMY to let the POLICE know who the criminals are? We should assume that the police already know this and the question becomes - why aren't they doing anything about it?

Note: the army are already well outside their job description trying to do the job of the politicians.

He reassured that thus far, since the existence of the list has been made public, no police officers have acted suspiciously by asking for transfers from their current posting.

Please do not make this list public.

The risk that these 6000 criminal bosses flee or destroy evidence before, is too great.

Better identify beforehand, accuse and condemn.

After report on it.

The guilty parties know who they are and will already be in cleanup mode. After all they have already had a heads up

Ok.

I still want to see some really big names from the cops, army, politics and business get nabbed before I give any congratulations. I won't hold my breath on that.

Sorry, but they are all p@$$ies. No bodies of power in Thailand have any courage to stand up to power. If it's too hard or dangerous, nobody will even make an honest attempt. People only want to take on the weak who won't fight back.

Cowards