THE England thread

rijit

What a surprise. Hart and Wiltshire both think they should have been included. Hart was lucky to get a game for West Ham let alone England. He is quoted as saying he knows "what he brings to the team" So do we......goals and loads of them. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

What a surprise. Hart and Wiltshire both think they should have been included. Hart was lucky to get a game for West Ham let alone England. He is quoted as saying he knows "what he brings to the team" So do we......goals and loads of them. 

8 goals and 17 assists in 10 years for Wilshere in the EPL...yet he is moaning on Twitter about not being picked

12 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

At least I use my profile pic, and not hiding behind a Tinky-Winky purple R, where's your red handbag?

Sent you a picture. Ensure you got a minimum 18 inch screen to view it

5 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

8 goals and 17 assists in 10 years for Wilshere in the EPL...yet he is moaning on Twitter about not being picked

I think Shelvey had a better argument  to be disappointed and you don't hear him whinging.  

Both Wilshere and Hart have over inflated egos which has been part of their downfall. Wenger has blown smoke up his arse for too long and Hart just blows it up his own. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Sent you a picture. Ensure you got a minimum 18 inch screen to view it

I change my pic at the end of every season for luck going in the next...maybe I'll use your pic of someone else's knob...

On a serious note, can we not use GIF's for profile pics anymore Bojangles?

4 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I think Shelvey had a better argument  to be disappointed and you don't hear him whinging.  

Both Wilshere and Hart have over inflated egos which has been part of their downfall. Wenger has blown smoke up his arse for too long and Hart just blows it up his own. 

I don't think this is about his actual performances. Wilshere has a chip on his shoulder and has this "I'm owed" attitude. I think because he has been backed for great things all his life it's made him a bit of a believer. When he won the fa cup 1st time the response he gave to the interviewer was telling. I think the main reason he's too much of a gamble is his attitude. Imagine if he was a sub. Guys a little cry baby.great decision by Southgate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Absolutely, as much as I despair at the thought of Shelvey being our best option, he's done more in the EPL than Wilshere. On his day I've watched Shelvey command the midfield against top 4 teams and win matches doing so, don't recall seeing Wilshere do that.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I change my pic at the end of every season for luck going in the next...maybe I'll use your pic of someone else's knob...

On a serious note, can we not use GIF's for profile pics anymore Bojangles?

I dont think its possible anymore. Back in the day we could and i had several over the years.

• Thanks 1

I think Southgate places emphasis on form and fitness, and in not spilling the ball, which is something that even our big stars like Gerrard and Rooney tended to do at times.  Wilshere simply isn't fit enough because of constant injury; he's not the player he was, though he has improved both his attitude and aspects of his game.  With Shelvey, he hadn't been playing particularly well up until a few weeks ago, and he can be ponderous at times, or used to be anyway.  Too often imo, players have been picked when not 100% fit, or on a whim because of a late surge in form.  So, I quite admire Southgate for this, but I do think both players have been a little unlucky, and fell short only narrowly.

Harry Kane captain of England, FA think they are doing him a favour.

If a ghost goal claim <deleted> his confidence like it did, imagine what coming back from Russia as an embarrassment to an national will. Chin Chin (pardon the pun) well done The FA! 

Edited by BangrakBob

4 hours ago, StevieH said:

belgium leave nainggolan out of the squad but take fellaini. ah, roberto martinez. you can take the boy out of everton...

Nainggolan likes a fag, a night out and a few bevvies. He would be first on my teamsheet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Harry Kane captain of England, FA think they are doing him a favour.

If a ghost goal claim <deleted> his confidence like it did, imagine what coming back from Russia as an embarrassment to an national will. Chin Chin (pardon the pun) well done The FA! 

I’m surprised if he has all these exceptional qualities Sourhgate  claims he hasn’t been made Spurs  permanent captain yet. 

I guess Lloris must be hard to remove  and dong a  decent job. 

• Like 1

England could in fact do very well in this tournament since there is zero expectation and a lot of young players in the squad.

The manager hasn't a clue about the upper eschelons of any football so likely he will just let them go out and play with a simple framework and that could well be to their advantage.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

England could in fact do very well in this tournament since there is zero expectation and a lot of young players in the squad.

I'm not saying I have low expectations but if he can get them to turn out with their boots on the correct feet and their shirts the right way round I'll consider it a successful tournament

2 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not saying I have low expectations but if he can get them to turn out with their boots on the correct feet and their shirts the right way round I'll consider it a successful tournament

Let there be WAG's be WAG's oh let there be WAG's be WAG's! :biggrin: