THE England thread

rijit

should have beaten croatia CLEARLY, rashford should have had 2 and kane was unlucky hittin the bar  croatia through injuries and bans were  a shadow of the team that graced the w/c  modric is still a delight to watch, never gets mentioned but he does remind me of nedved ,, a CLASS ACT, but in the game thought as a whole they were a nasty sly bunch, leavin bits in tackles body and feet, NOT the type of play i like too see on any stage let alone the pinnacle which arguably international footie is, any way spain up next .hopefully that  should be more interesting 

28 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why has he made only one substitution in a friendly match when he has 10 players who would have loved a shot at Croatia?

Good point.. only thing i can think of is that he wanted to give them 90 mins together playin  a flat four as opposed to a 'croatian freindly 3' they LUVED the space  our  3 gave them in the wc and  arguably ko'd us with it.

18 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

should have beaten croatia CLEARLY, rashford should have had 2 and kane was unlucky hittin the bar  croatia through injuries and bans were  a shadow of the team that graced the w/c  modric is still a delight to watch, never gets mentioned but he does remind me of nedved ,, a CLASS ACT, but in the game thought as a whole they were a nasty sly bunch, leavin bits in tackles body and feet, NOT the type of play i like too see on any stage let alone the pinnacle which arguably international footie is, any way spain up next .hopefully that  should be more interesting 

You have to take your chances...simple as that.  Bit unlucky to hit the woodwork I guess.

12 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Why has he made only one substitution in a friendly match when he has 10 players who would have loved a shot at Croatia?

Especially as Stones and Henderson are banned for the next game so why didn’t he get them off and bring on the likely replacements. 

Also <deleted> was he doing dropping Trippier at the expense of Walker. Arguably our best player in the WC so let’s drop him. 

He sure knows how to demotivate players. 

15 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

40 mins in  and from a iffy opening from our defense to a great show of counter attacking and a THREE NIL lead.. get on rashford.. and raheem ... class acts and a big up to southgate for stickin with them

Yeah very impressed with that first half. Going to be a tough second though

STUNNING  result  Starting Ave age of 23.. trip's the ONLY starter over 25.. the future's lookin bright. And a debut for a yung un i'de barely heard of chalobah but key.. SOUTHGATE knew from his youth days  Thats called good structure and IMO  a BLOODY good sign, and what a nice over head kic clearance..  down sides winks defensivly is poor and if he wants to b a perm starter he needs to step his game up there..gomez .. needs to focus and erradicate DUMB errors  i heard as a school boy he wasnt good technically he got picked cos of size/athletisism    but hey theres time. Pickford needs to take a chill pill.. but same again theres time.  england atm are at the start of being in a v good place. HAPI DAYS

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Naaaaaaah England have no midfield creativity....not happening.

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Naaaaaaah England have no midfield creativity....not happening.

We've played Croatia twice now recently and both times its plain to see we are lacking a Luka Modric. He's bossed us.   Winks is a very good young player but he's way off being a Modric.

As usual England fans getting carried away when theres little yet to get carried away about.

Reality check;  we played crap sides in the world cup until we were soundly beaten by the first good side and this is our first win in this latest farce of a competition.  We have some talented young players but i wouldn't get remotely excited until we've seem how team and manager performs at the next euro championships.

Good job England , somehow I question how much Spain want to succeed in this competition , but beating them at home so they lose for the first time in 17 years is still an achievement. 

Edited by balo

18 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Watching England fans In Seville on TV, looking more and more like a Tommy Robinson rally. 

Looks pretty good natured to be fair. Not sure jumping in a puddle is going to hurt anyone but yourself ????

29 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Watching England fans In Seville on TV, looking more and more like a Tommy Robinson rally. 

Apparently one England supporter drank an entire bottle of sambuca and was carted off.:biggrin:

32 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Apparently some were smashing up cars the night before. 

Can you imagine if a bunch of Spaniards were dong that outside a London bar? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, balo said:

Good job England , somehow I question how much Spain want to succeed in this competition , but beating them at home so they lose for the first time in 17 years is still an achievement. 

Not sure about the competition as they were already through but I don’t think they were too fussed about last night going by the side they started with. 

• Like 1