Nash Water Pumps

That particular pump is a dead ringer for many other pumps available here. It is basically a Honda clone. I have one, mine is a Topex WP20A. They all look exactly the same right done to the red off on switch in the exact same position. Only the paint colour changes from seller to seller.

I think you will find that it is a 5.5 HP pump. The output is much more than you say. 27000 litres per hour, not 6000. At zero elevation that is.

I like the one I have and I make it work pretty hard. 5300 Baht seems like a good price for it. Hard to recommend it though if I don't know what you will use it for.

By the way thanks for posting that link, I didn't know about that site.

Edit: I just did a little more looking on that site and they do have Nash pump that is rated at 6.5 HP. They call it a 3" pump, but they show a picture of a 2" unit. The price is 4267 baht, so even better.

Edited by canuckamuck

That particular pump is a dead ringer for many other pumps available here. It is basically a Honda clone. I have one, mine is a Topex WP20A. They all look exactly the same right done to the red off on switch in the exact same position. Only the paint colour changes from seller to seller.

I think you will find that it is a 5.5 HP pump. The output is much more than you say. 27000 litres per hour, not 6000. At zero elevation that is.

I like the one I have and I make it work pretty hard. 5300 Baht seems like a good price for it. Hard to recommend it though if I don't know what you will use it for.

By the way thanks for posting that link, I didn't know about that site.

Edit: I just did a little more looking on that site and they do have Nash pump that is rated at 6.5 HP. They call it a 3" pump, but they show a picture of a 2" unit. The price is 4267 baht, so even better.

I am looking for a water pump to use for irrigation in Chumphon in the hills. I am going to check the elevation when I am back end of next week then I can sort out what pump I need to push water up hill to the coffee plants. The Honda pumps I have looked at are around 12,000THB. Yes I also did not know about this website either, my girlfriend just tell me today. Very good site.

I am also in the process of getting a new pump. I am going to be pumping at 40 meters elevation and this type pump can't do it. At 23 metres elevation it gives me 10,000 litres an hour, but it has to run flat out for that, although I try to ease the throttle back a titch.
I am getting some help on this thread http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/894733-i-need-some-pump-advice/

Do Home carry pretty much the full range of Honda Power Products and a 3 inch Honda pump will be nothing like 12K from them.

Less than 9K I would say.

I would buy the Honda rather than a Chinese pump as it will be better value in the long term.

But for your application, pumping up a hill, and depending upon the head, you may be better off with a piston pump which are readily available in Chumphon. Do Home do piston pumps too but I haven't looked at them.

You can also get solar DC water pumps from Amorn in Lotus Chumphon if that is any help. It's the same old piston pump you see everywhere but with an, I assume Chinese, DC motor and, possibly, a gear reduction drive as part of the motor.

Do Home carry pretty much the full range of Honda Power Products and a 3 inch Honda pump will be nothing like 12K from them.

Less than 9K I would say.

I would buy the Honda rather than a Chinese pump as it will be better value in the long term.

But for your application, pumping up a hill, and depending upon the head, you may be better off with a piston pump which are readily available in Chumphon. Do Home do piston pumps too but I haven't looked at them.

You can also get solar DC water pumps from Amorn in Lotus Chumphon if that is any help. It's the same old piston pump you see everywhere but with an, I assume Chinese, DC motor and, possibly, a gear reduction drive as part of the motor.

Thank you for the info, I will try and work out the elevation next week and then am sure I will come back to the Forum to ask about pumps again. I will look to see what the local farmers are using for pumping up the hill as well.

Thanks

If your pumping up hill you may want to go for a piston pump. You don't need a lot of power to run one.

attachicon.gifPiston water pump.JPG

Hi, is a piston pump able to push water up hill better than other pumps? Am new at this so any advice is welcome. Do they run off power or can you get petrol pumps? I will be looking at what the other farmers use for pumping water up hill in their area. What make is the pump in the photo?

Edited by stupidfarang

A piston pump is a positive displacement pump so I think in theory it will pump to pretty much any height if the power source is up to the job.

To give you a real world example I have a 1" piston pump which I use to pump water from a shallow bore hole to storage in a water tower. The total head is about 18 metres (1.8 Bar) and in that application the piston pump works much better than a good quality (Mitsu ACH375S) centrifugal pump that I tried. From memory the 1" piston pump has a 750w AC motor.

Piston pumps (as in BSJ's photo above) are belt driven so you could drive them with either electric or internal combustion engine. The piston pump I have is "Diamond Hand" brand and it has worked fine for the last three years.

One restriction to bear in mind with piston pumps is that you cannot close off the system downstream of the pump with, for example, a float valve in a tank. If you do that something will break; most likely the pump or the PVC pipe.

A piston pump is a positive displacement pump so I think in theory it will pump to pretty much any height if the power source is up to the job.

To give you a real world example I have a 1" piston pump which I use to pump water from a shallow bore hole to storage in a water tower. The total head is about 18 metres (1.8 Bar) and in that application the piston pump works much better than a good quality (Mitsu ACH375S) centrifugal pump that I tried. From memory the 1" piston pump has a 750w AC motor.

Piston pumps (as in BSJ's photo above) are belt driven so you could drive them with either electric or internal combustion engine. The piston pump I have is "Diamond Hand" brand and it has worked fine for the last three years.

One restriction to bear in mind with piston pumps is that you cannot close off the system downstream of the pump with, for example, a float valve in a tank. If you do that something will break; most likely the pump or the PVC pipe.

Thanks for the info, I learnt something new today (the head is the height you will pump to) I am back at the farm next week so plan to work out the elevation and how many meters to the head. Also to see if there is any water in the creek. Thank you for the info (thanks to all who have replied)

That's pretty much it! "One restriction to bear in mind with piston pumps is that you cannot close off the system downstream of the pump with, for example, a float valve in a tank. If you do that something will break; most likely the pump or the PVC pipe." A system could be rigged to shut off the fuel in a diesel or cut the ignition on a petrol engine. You would need a small bucket on a pivot arm with a bleeder so water could trickle into the bucket and once enough water was in the bucket it would drop down and push the fuel tap to off or short out the spark plug. Or even easier workout how many litres of fuel is needed to fill the tank and only put that much in the fuel tank!

We have a Honda trash pump and it's Ok for what we use it for but we don't pump up a hill!

post-63954-0-00780300-1460042065_thumb.j