Run lights at your peril

cheeryble

Before somebody chimes in with "how about obeying the law instead of worrying about cameras" thing about this is whilst driving in place that has a culture of running stop/caution lights it is IMPERATIVE to check your six before stopping.

If there is somebody on my tail who looks like they are likely to rear end I'd run the light if it it is safer option.

Assuming they are connected to anything whistling.gif (and actually work)

The intersection at the 700-year Stadium Road and MaeJo Road has two cameras. One is attached to a box, that might have something inside the box, and the other has no box and no wires at all. Perhaps the city will fix the gutters along my soi at the same time they hook up the cameras...like when I am 90.

Before somebody chimes in with "how about obeying the law instead of worrying about cameras" thing about this is whilst driving in place that has a culture of running stop/caution lights it is IMPERATIVE to check your six before stopping.

If there is somebody on my tail who looks like they are likely to rear end I'd run the light if it it is safer option.

"it is IMPERATIVE to check your six before stopping."

Strongly agree, and it's worth repeating.

I hope so thumbsup.gif

Its exhausting seeing your light go green but you cannot go for another 30 seconds for all the red light runners that

stream through thinking well the guy in front went so I'm going too. Then by the time our side goes the light is turning yellow.

Instead of cameras what I always smile wishing for at the lights is once a light goes red little 4" spikes

pop up out of the asphalt across that side of the intersection so anyone going across on a red light loses all 4 tires clap2.gif

Then have a backhoe on the roadside just shoving them out of the traffic

555 Sorry but I can dream as I am waiting for my turn to go after my light has been green for too long.

Edited by mania

" I've nearly been taken out a few times by a driver behind me after stopping at a light that changed to red several seconds before I reached the intersection. "

I am alive for on one occasion,as I slowed I noticed a Light Truck bearing down on me. I pulled my M/C into the right hand line of traffic, as the Truck went sailing past in the left hand lane on RED.

john

Now I know why I saw a brand new Benz ( red plate) last week in Chiangmai with a kind of plastic cover on the plate so you can not read the number unless you are very close.

The plastic must be special as the color shades where varying of different colors as you change the angle of vision.

I guess it is to prevent the traffic camera to record the plate number.

Edited by cnx355