Help! Will I be able to get into Thailand

Hi, does anybody know anything the passport checks at immigration entering Thailand?

Last year I imported exported some goods from Thailand to the UK and cancelled my order with the first freight company. They're a one-man band Thai company and he said he has sent my details to Thai police and immigration because I did not pay for his service. He only has my name, (a shortened version of the first name but correct surname ) and no passport details. Will this be flagged up next time I show my passport at the airport in Thailand?

I'm guessing that immigration desks at the airport have a big database linked to passport details of people that they're looking out for.

I would guess not. It's a civil matter and hardly likely to be taken up by immigration, who, according to you, do not even have your official identification details - passport number, date of birth, full name, etc. Of course, the decision is yours and yours alone.

I'll be interested to see if someone on here is sufficiently qualified to provide a definitive and correct answer.

Hi, yes the full story is I had a about a dozen boxes to to Europe.. I had arranged the shipping with them but then circumstances changed and I had to wait a bit longer for some more goods so I cancelled order but he said he would need money for wasted time, knew people in high places etc etc

I'm sure it would be a civil matter in Europe, but I'm just not sure how seriously the Thai police / immigration department would take it, and whether they'd blacklist my name

Hi, yes the full story is I had a about a dozen boxes to to Europe.. I had arranged the shipping with them but then circumstances changed and I had to wait a bit longer for some more goods so I cancelled order but he said he would need money for wasted time, knew people in high places etc etc

I'm sure it would be a civil matter in Europe, but I'm just not sure how seriously the Thai police / immigration department would take it, and whether they'd blacklist my name

Right.... He knows people in high places yet he preps box's to ship oversees. Unless the boxes were drugs or weapons, it is doubtful the guy has the connections he is claiming.....

• Like 2

Hardly likely immigration would have the time or inclination to fart about with spurious claims from any Tom, Dick and Harry. He's pissed because of lost time? lol

Now if you had actually acquired a service/product, done a runner and ALL your details were filed...

I know people that were reported to police / immigration for financial debt. If you skip a hotel bill you could be arrested at the airport. I know a Thai man who was arrested at the airport, leaving the country, for a vandalism he did 3 years prior. However, since they don;t have your full name or ID/passport number, its unlikely they would grab you.

Is you name common? (does it come close to matching your passport).

Did he have your birth date?

If you have a common name without your date of birth then it would be impossible for immigration even if they had such information.

They have to match on something....

Ah ok so he is talking total crap...........normal here, i wouldnt even waste time thinking about him

I would guess that the freight agent never did much work on this anyway apart from obtaining the logistics information from you regarding the shipment. Was there a contract signed ? Come time to do the actual work they would want a deposit or full payment up front, so I think he is just bluffing and trying to get a little extra money as he lost the job.

The idea that immigration are going to exclude you from the country on the back of some joe's unsubstantiated claims that you are not an honest (or even just not a fair-dealing) egg is laughable. Even Thais have some sense of due process on administrative matters. Even if he had reported you to immi they would have suggested he take up any commercial/legal dispute with the police. More likely they would have filed any such letter in the rubbish bin.

Sounds like you will fit right in here in Thailand anywaytongue.png

Edited by SantiSuk