Harbor Mall. Now that it's open...

NanLaew

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Well well, I counted 8 customers inside the Hawaiian restaurant and I had to find out what was going on . And they still had the same promotion 40% off dishes. But then I noticed another sign : Buy any coffee and get a free Hawaiian pancake. Now that offer was too good to miss and I was thirsty for a coffee anyway.

And the 74 baht cappuccino was just fine , the pancake served with fresh cream was perfect. If they continue giving away pancakes I will drop by every time. But maybe try one of the Hawaiian dishes next time, it seemed to be popular.

Not sure if they will close the business after all , maybe give it a few months .

Oh and be prepared for a full dosage of Aloha music , it's very loud so you'll be happy to leave the table after 30 minutes.

20160615_190916.jpg

Edited by balo

Well well, I counted 8 customers inside the Hawaiian restaurant and I had to find out what was going on . And they still had the same promotion 40% off dishes. But then I noticed another sign : Buy any coffee and get a free Hawaiian pancake. Now that offer was too good to miss and I was thirsty for a coffee anyway.

And the 74 baht cappuccino was just fine , the pancake served with fresh cream was perfect. If they continue giving away pancakes I will drop by every time. But maybe try one of the Hawaiian dishes next time, it seemed to be popular.

Not sure if they will close the business after all , maybe give it a few months .

Oh and be prepared for a full dosage of Aloha music , it's very loud so you'll be happy to leave the table after 30 minutes.

20160615_190916.jpg

A decent pancake in Pattaya, I may have to give this place a try. Did it come with decent syrup or honey (which is whack)?

Just a tip, the kfc is the worst in Patts, no customers, but still sell hours old chicken to unsuspecting customers, two times , don't know why i went back

Suprised you could tell a difference.

KFC is ok for a change now and again, product must be good or else they would have not become the success they are, but it needs to be freshly cooked and hot

Just a tip, the kfc is the worst in Patts, no customers, but still sell hours old chicken to unsuspecting customers, two times , don't know why i went back

Suprised you could tell a difference.

KFC is ok for a change now and again, product must be good or else they would have not become the success they are, but it needs to be freshly cooked and hot

So by your reckoning, Mc Donald's must be the best hamburger in the world? ?

Came for 5pm dinner. Still very quiet today.

No customers at the Hawaiian restaurant. The employee said they are not closing.

The snow cafe had 1 couple (not us).

Sorry mate to tell you this but in picture 2

maybe there could be a moustache. w00t.gifgigglem.gif

i could be wrong 50/50 wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang

20160615_190916.jpg

A decent pancake in Pattaya, I may have to give this place a try. Did it come with decent syrup or honey (which is whack)?

No , only whipped cream and a lotus flower, Hawaiian style you know... Maybe you could ask for syrup...

Edited by balo

20160615_190916.jpg

No , only whipped cream and a lotus flower, Hawaiian style you know... Maybe you could ask for syrup...

What I wouldn't give for a buttermilk short-stack with artificially flavored maple syrup...even Denny's would do ?

post-167660-0-06600700-1466173064_thumb.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

KFC is popular because Fried Chicken is a popular Thai food (you see it everywhere, every market, stalls, etc.) And KFC's chicken is considered 'safe' and the price is *very* affordable. Plus the recipe in Thailand is tweaked for Thai tastes (I prefer it to other countries I've had it in).

Good source of Chicken Protein too :) Now I'm hungry!

Went into Harbor Mall a couple of days ago. It was nice that it wasn't over crowded. Good clean toilets on all levels, free wi-fi all levels, several restaurants, coffee shops and a food court upstairs. Large supermarket downstairs but no where near as good as Big C extra.

Best part is that it has the well known brands like "Shabushi" and "Steak Buffet" restaurants just like Central but no crowds. This will no doubt change when the masses find out about it.

Bit out of the way for those without transport though, it's a walk back as there aren't a lot of baht buses about.

Good for mobile phones and has every phone company in there too, Dtac, True etc.

Summary: Nice, not busy but things will change in the future. It was a pleasant experience.

KFC is popular because Fried Chicken is a popular Thai food (you see it everywhere, every market, stalls, etc.) And KFC's chicken is considered 'safe' and the price is *very* affordable. Plus the recipe in Thailand is tweaked for Thai tastes (I prefer it to other countries I've had it in).

Good source of Chicken Protein too smile.png Now I'm hungry!

From memory I think it is 49 baht per small piece. That's very expensive in Thailand for fried chicken pieces.

Edited by tropo

From memory I think it is 49 baht per small piece. That's very expensive in Thailand for fried chicken pieces.

Three pieces are B110 for decent size (usually)

One-third of the daily minimum wage for a few pieces of chicken is "very affordable"?

You can buy a whole roasted chicken along Soi Bukow for about 150-160 baht...

One-third of the daily minimum wage for a few pieces of chicken is "very affordable"?

Yeah cause no Thai earns more than minimum wage.

Edited by Don Mega

50THB/hr is about the least people get paid, so roughly 500-600 THB/day. So, not 1/3rd, 1/6th. And yes, perhaps the poorest of the poor can't afford to eat there. But there are lots of people who earn more than 500THB/day in Thailand. Lots who earn more than most westerners :)

50THB/hr is about the least people get paid, so roughly 500-600 THB/day. So, not 1/3rd, 1/6th. And yes, perhaps the poorest of the poor can't afford to eat there. But there are lots of people who earn more than 500THB/day in Thailand. Lots who earn more than most westerners smile.png

I ate there not long ago with my wife, a small eater and the bill was nearly 500 baht

]

Usually full of Thai's when I use the Sukhumvit/Jomtien Tesco KFC, as are the cues at the supermarket tills, and with the car park full 4x4's and SUV's,

Open your eyes

• 3 weeks later...

3 months update. Some of the restaurants are doing very well and have many Thai customers.

The phone floor isn't as busy. One side has all their original tenants but the other side has more and more vacancies.

I'm not sure if you can see from my pics but in one case, there's 6 closed shutters in a row.

post-259358-0-43013500-1467976414_thumb.

post-259358-0-48353200-1467976415_thumb.

post-259358-0-55032900-1467976416_thumb.

post-259358-0-64164900-1467976417_thumb.

post-259358-0-79231500-1467976418_thumb.

3 months update. Some of the restaurants are doing very well and have many Thai customers.

The phone floor isn't as busy. One side has all their original tenants but the other side has more and more vacancies.

I'm not sure if you can see from my pics but in one case, there's 6 closed shutters in a row.

Probably Tukcom is still the IT center of choice for most. I haven't noticed a decrease in traffic there. Tukcom has a familiar, cosy, comfortable feel about it.

On 6/20/2016 at 9:04 AM, JayBird said:
On 6/20/2016 at 6:15 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:
On 6/20/2016 at 0:46 AM, donnybay said:
On 6/19/2016 at 11:00 PM, tropo said:
On 6/18/2016 at 0:06 AM, JayBird said:

50THB/hr is about the least people get paid, so roughly 500-600 THB/day. So, not 1/3rd, 1/6th. And yes, perhaps the poorest of the poor can't afford to eat there. But there are lots of people who earn more than 500THB/day in Thailand. Lots who earn more than most westerners smile.png

. My gf was working in Isaan, 200 baht a day

I went for the second time yesterday. For a Saturday the first 2 floors were very quiet and the top floors almost empty. If that's a typical day i can't see it being profitable. I know one of the shop keepers who moved there from Tukcom. She has a 3 months lease and says she is likely to move back as business is so slow.

On 7/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, Henryford said:

I went for the second time yesterday. For a Saturday the first 2 floors were very quiet and the top floors almost empty. If that's a typical day i can't see it being profitable. I know one of the shop keepers who moved there from Tukcom. She has a 3 months lease and says she is likely to move back as business is so slow.

No, that's not a typical day, during the weekdays it's even quieter.

Most of th days they can't get the parking in front of the coffee shops full.

By the way, how were the ice rink and the gym doing gigglem.gif

On 7/10/2016 at 9:45 AM, Berty100 said:
On 7/10/2016 at 9:39 AM, Henryford said:

No, that's not a typical day, during the weekdays it's even quieter.

Most of th days they can't get the parking in front of the coffee shops full.

By the way, how were the ice rink and the gym doing gigglem.gif

That doesn't jibe with my experience. I'm go 3-4 mornings per week and if I'm not there before 10, the front lot's full.

Some days it's full of people, other days it looks empty. But the restaurants are doing ok, always customers inside. You need to give it a year to see if it will survive but Harbor Mall in Chonburi is doing very well after 3 years. Thats why they decided to expand to Pattaya.