6 officers ordered to apologize dead victim

webfact

6 officers ordered to apologize dead victim

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FriPVtGcBxCYNqzdX1PDCAr

YALA: -- Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victim’s body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province.

A well-informed military source said that Lt-Gen Vivath Pathompark, commander of the 4th army region, was concerned with the tragic incident and ordered the top superior of the six alleged perpetrators to apologize the victim, Pvt Songtham Moodmud, at Wat Kongkawadee in Tambon Saopao, Sichon district as demanded by the mother’s victim.

The victim’s mother, Mrs Chitra Chormanee, earlier warned that she would not cremate her son unless the six officers make an apology in front of his body. She also threatened to petition Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha to seek justice.

The funeral ceremony at Wat Kongkawadee was quiet today (Thursday) with only relatives of the victim were present. Expenses of the funeral were funded by Tambon Saopao Administrative Organization.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158654

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-08

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shock1.gif So let me get this straight - Six officers beat one serviceman to death and no inquiry about it, no court marshall, nor anything else done, but presented an apology? blink.png

We do not know the full story do we? Maybe there was an inquiry , maybe even a military trial.

Still they need to pay respect to the dead , it's a buddhist thing....

shock1.gif So let me get this straight - Six officers beat one serviceman to death and no inquiry about it, no court marshall, nor anything else done, but presented an apology? blink.png

Looks like that's it. All is forgiven.

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victim’s body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

Is that not going to compromise any future trial if they are going to plead not guilty?

Edited by Bluespunk

"Six army officers accused of beating to death an army private in Yala province have been ordered to apologize in front of the victim’s body placed at a temple in Nakhon Si Thammarat province."

Is that not going to compromise any future trial if they are going to plead not guilty?

A defence lawyer in any half decent legal system would have a fit at this.

Ahhh see now there's a difference, now if they were splashing water at him with a red bowl then that is gaol time for treason, it all about balance ok.

Isn't that right junta fanboys.

How about a murder charge for the six mongrels that beat this poor guy to death and a very clear message to the military AND uni's that do this crap...

Ahhh see now there's a difference, now if they were splashing water at him with a red bowl then that is gaol time for treason, it all about balance ok.

How about a murder charge for the six mongrels that beat this poor guy to death and a very clear message to the military AND uni's that do this crap...

Congratulations! You have managed to sink to an all new low, using the death of a soldier at the hands of his own officers to make your political point.

You gotta think like a Thai: my god, think about how much face they lost.

Unfortunately, this tragedy is a tip of an iceberg. Every year, new recruits get killed, put into ICU, or commit suicide. The initial one months 'training' where no contact is permitted by recruits to anyone including family members, is designed to beat anything the SAS could conceive. My wife's son got conscripted, he lost 14 kilos in one month, by way of inedible diet, saw several of his comrades experience death or near death happenings, but was warned by the captain NOT to tell his mother on her eventual visit.

Fortunately, he is a strong, brave lad with good manners, and the captain considered him to be a worthy recruit. He passed out with flying colours, but now has to suffer another month of hard training before his next job of being a security guard on a munitions dump. The upside of those many who make it, is they turn these boys into men (enforcing traditional Thai values of respect), which for Thai youths, most of whom are pampered from birth, is a good thing.

He'll have no trouble finding a wife, and will make a good family man - I hope.

Have you ever been in a Thai court?

At this point they're probably only hoping a judge might consider it a sign of good faith for a plea deal.

That's it? Just apologise and all will be forgiven? No criminal charges, court martial... really? I have never been in the service so I don't know how these sort of things work, but surely, if these idiots were responsible for the death of the private, something more than an apology is necessary? Or is this just Thailand?

they were ordered to do it therefore it was not genuine. does not count so can not be used to incriminate them.

Congratulations! You have managed to sink to an all new low, using the death of a soldier at the hands of his own officers to make your political point.

Sorry to inform you of the facts but, most soldiers die due to a political point, this is usually one country's political point verses another country's political point.

Also within a country the deaths of it's soldiers and civilians are the result of political points. welcome to reality.

Now my point was not intended as a political point score but a simple pointing out that where are the soldiers now? not in gaol?

And where is the woman that was arrested and charged with treason for having a red bowl? You see the balance now? that was my intent, but ok mate my apologies.

Bastardization is common in the military all over the world be it right or wrong, it's also called hazing in Thai Uni's.