Relatives of seven army officers apologize to their dead victim

rooster59

Relatives of seven army officers apologize to their dead victim

post-247607-0-27519400-1460153686_thumb.

NAKHON SI THAMMARAT: The body of an army private who was beaten to death at an army camp in Yala by his drill sergeants and superiors will be cremated on Saturday after relatives of the alleged perpetrators had apologized in front of the dead victim and his family.

Ordered by the commander of the 4th army region, relatives of the seven officers showed up at Wat Sampao in Sichon district of Nakhon Si Thammarat on Friday to pay respect and make a formal apology to the dead victim, Pvt Songtham Moodmud.

The relatives of the alleged perpetrators were booed and jeered by some angry relatives of the victim prompting Mr Apichart Moodmud, the victim’s father, to appeal for calm and to stop the improper act.

Lt-Col Somkid Kongkheng, former commander of the 152nd infantry company of the first battalion based at Payak army camp, accepted his responsibility saying that the tragic incident was a family’s problem that he didn’t want to happen.

He promised to take care of the funeral and rehabilitation for the victim’s family although he was removed from the army camp following the tragedy. He also said that the army assured that similar incident would not recur.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/158842

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-04-09

Why should the relatives be ordered to apologize? Why not the commanding officer and his relatives who allowed this to occur. In fact, why not the head of the military, the self imposed PM who constantly accepts double standards for his like minded associates and followers.

The suspects are members of a very powerful institution which is currently running the country, a country where the legal ' system ' seems to be made up as it goes along so this questionable act may not have repercussions.

Elsewhere defence lawyers would be screaming No, No, NO as it gives much more than just a hint of guilt but here, well who knows ?

"Lt-Col Somkid Kongkheng, former commander of the 152nd infantry company of the first battalion based at Payak army camp, accepted his responsibility saying that the tragic incident was a family’s problem that he didn’t want to happen."

Please explain what you mean Lt-Col.

The victims family didn't create a problem, you Lt-Col created a very very serious despicable problem and I hope you get very severely punished for it including a very long period in jail (at least 30 years) with no chance of any remission. And same for your colleagues.

Also Lt-Col I ask you; since you allowed this to happen please hand over your own son and allow a gang to kill him, fair is fair, don't you agree Lt-Col?

How can any military officer allow this sort of thing to happen? Please explain yourself Lt-Col.

And sorry sorry mai phen rai is not an explanation.

RIP to the young and sincere condolences to his family.

I note the media hasn't given any attention to the situation of the other recruits who were also bashed.

Edited by scorecard

They should all be in a Military Prison for Murder or at least Manslaughter. What kind of discipline do they have in this military ? This is not the first story about hands on discipline in the Army here.

I had 26 years in the US Military and they have a place called Leavenworth for Military Prisoners.

Not to have Pack Animal tactics in handling personnel.

What started this any way, I read an argument or disagreement. Even insubordination to a Commissioned Officer is not grounds for this type conduct.

God rest this young man and his Family !!

He also said that the army assured that similar incident would not recur.

the army assured that future murders would be covered up better.

Fell out of the military truck while being transported to the base could always be a good explanation.

If the army guys showed up to apologize, they would have been killed. Makes sense to me! coffee1.gif

Rapists and murderers are routinely paraded in public to re-enact their crime, while wearing helmets and bulletproof vests for their own protection. Why couldn't the same have been done with these animals, instead of sending proxies?

And this is why my son will never be registered as a Thai national.

Another well educated moral young man slipping through Thailand's fingers.

God knows this county needs some quality injected into its male population .

They can keep their currupt pathetic leaders and I'll keep my son as a British national where he is safe from thailands elite and their cowardice and barbarity.

They should all be in a Military Prison for Murder or at least Manslaughter. What kind of discipline do they have in this military ? This is not the first story about hands on discipline in the Army here.

I had 26 years in the US Military and they have a place called Leavenworth for Military Prisoners.

Not to have Pack Animal tactics in handling personnel.

What started this any way, I read an argument or disagreement. Even insubordination to a Commissioned Officer is not grounds for this type conduct.

God rest this young man and his Family !!

Dude, I truly hope that you were good to them.....

It all a Thai thing...Thainess. Really is hard for a farang to understand Thai ways---I know I don't understand many of them....guess I'm a stupid farang.

I disagree.

All you need to do is open your eyes, brain, and observe and learn.

It's a sickening, cowardly society from top to bottom. Self-advantage and face before everything else.

Often funny, this is not one of those times.

It all a Thai thing...Thainess. Really is hard for a farang to understand Thai ways---I know I don't understand many of them....guess I'm a stupid farang.

I disagree.

All you need to do is open your eyes, brain, and observe and learn.

It's a sickening, cowardly society from top to bottom. Self-advantage and face before everything else.

Often funny, this is not one of those times.

I agree. I find their "culture" disgusting in any aspects. I'm not sure what it is they are trying so hard to preserve.

Having said that, I'm not here for their culture so I accept them for being dysfunctional human beings and go about my business. A bit harsh, I know, but it is what it is.