Thai PM says women in skimpy dress are like unwrapped candy

webfact

warning.... good girls can sit on a shelf unwrapped for years.... until they pass their expiration date?

Yes, basically that is the message I got. Meanwhile, all the unwrapped girls get all the men, the money and property. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Absolutely brilliant advice. I wonder what his daughters think of all this? Are they wrapped and preserved, sitting safely on his shelf?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Prayuth went on to qualify his own advice, saying that some nicely wrapped candy will stay on the shelf for years no matter what."

About as much qualification as he has for his current job. Since when did any woman want to stay "on the shelf"?

It is a question of occasion. I am proud of my wife when she is dressed like a princess in public. In bed I prefer her unwrapping and then unwrapped.

I never saw a Thai maiden in a Bikini. Did you?. Do they even sell them at Central or Bobae? Most Lao/Issan people prefer bathing fully dressed in jeans and T shirts. Wonder what the PM would look like in one? Of course to give him his due he is concerned to promote the Thai packaging industry which is well known worldwide for wrapping products in such a way they cannot be unwrapped without serious metal, if at all..

I remember a movie in the mid '80's which was not allowed to be showed at the regular cinema's.

Too much sex in that movie.

Turned out that there was no sex in that movie, but the woman were wearing clothes which were "turning on the imagination too much".

Long clothes with long cuts on both sides of the legs and a long cut on the back, and other "provoking" dresses.

In a debat between the film commission and some reporters, the said that some clothes can turn man on more and were sexier than naked.

Obviously someone doesn't get out and rub shoulders with the masses of young people on the streets. I've got a couple years on 'nong' Prayut, and I don't sound that out-of-touch with today's youth, which is getting to be a large segment of today's population. Anyway, look on Thai TV and you'll see the make-up artists wrapping all gals in wrappers that don't leave much to the imagination, well, with the exception of matronly older women, spinsters, and indentured hand-maidens. whistling.gif

Edited by connda

I know it could smack of social engineering, but at this particular time, I think it's is a perfectly reasonable thing to say and the colloquial manner is offensive only to the hypersensitive PC crowd. No need for all the hysterical over-reaction to this.

Society can get too permissive, morals can get too lax, people will become decadent if you let them.

"Women are like candy." -- Did he really say that?

Not even Donald Trump would say anything so sexist.

Understand the analogy..but not a good one lol..Trump is a even bigger muppet than this guy ! It's scary to think Trump might get in and this guys going to be around for a long time one way or another ....scary scary thought between the two of them !!

I have an idea.....

How do they take the heat in that blanket.

In February he was telling women they should stay at home and serve men. "Society would disintegrate.." otherwise I have a suspicion his ideas are very much considered acceptable to most Thais- (and a whole lot of expats.)

Like so many elderly Thai people, even those in positions of so-called responsibility, he still hasn't got it yet . . . the reality hasn't sunk in. He's grown up in a country that has deliberately had as little as possible to do with the outside world. And so he still instinctively feels that the outside world is a million miles away.

And he just hasn't got the idea that whatever words he utters are instantly chucked into the social media (and thus on to the mainstream news media) in a matter of minutes, and millions of people all over the world are staggered by his simplistic utterings, which to many suggest that he might not have all his faculties intact.

In Prayuth's mind, Thailand is still that precious and sacrosanct little bubble of correctness and unchanging tradition that is apart from, and unaffected by, the world outside. And he simply has no clue that his attitude is seen as regressive, demeaning and insulting by civilised societies everywhere . . . witness the number of times his advisors have forced him to come out with an apology the following day!

Edited by robsamui

BANGKOK -- TPM Syndrome on the lose in Thailand

Scientists are baffled by a new sickness called TPM Syndrome (short for Thai Prime Minister Syndrome). Symptoms include a catatonic state of varying length, drool formation, eyes rolling back in their sockets. It appears all this is caused when people read or hear the phrase "Thai PM says..."