Where to get a good haircut near Nana?

candels

1 hour ago, uncleeagle said:

Ive lived in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and spent a lot of tme in Thailand and getting a decent haircut has been impossible Asia wide and its not the language. Singapore was just as bad as Thailand or Japan. And the last time I had a haircut in Malaysia the cutter tried to break my neck as well as covering my hair in some kind of smelly oil. I dont know what it is because when I was last back in the UK a few months ago I got a great cut from a high street barber for £10 so its not me. I have more or less given up in Asia, Ive been cutting my own hair now for years although maybe next time im in Bangkok I might try the 100 baht place in Asok station, how bad can they be...come out half bald, eyebrows missing, ear cut off?

Now i have my own panasonic professional trimmer and my wife does it for me. She gets 15 minutes...

If i don't like it i shave it all off with that machine, on 15 mm which is max. length it can do...very easy and takes 1 minute.

Won't go back to the thai barbers never again.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the 120 baht cutter in Thong Lo BTS. You put the money into the machine, show them a picture of Brad Pitt when he was young and  she gives you a standard Thai buzz cut. Worked for me. Judging by the national service kids who came in after it is good for military style cuts on a budget too.

up where I live in nakhon de nowhere I recently found a nice lady hairdresser by the local traditional market...nice haircut, professionally executed and she was friendly with the polite banter, where are you from, etc...50baht but I gave her a generous tip, mostly outta gratitude at finding a good service after many months of searching locally...she's now my main haircutting person...

maybe off topic but if the OP looks in the small markets around BKK he may find the same...usually inna shophouse storefront with a single person operation, maybe looks to be a ladies only salon but just ask: 'dtat pom dai mai, darling?'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 3:19 PM, uncleeagle said:

Ive lived in Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and spent a lot of tme in Thailand and getting a decent haircut has been impossible Asia wide and its not the language. Singapore was just as bad as Thailand or Japan. And the last time I had a haircut in Malaysia the cutter tried to break my neck as well as covering my hair in some kind of smelly oil. I dont know what it is because when I was last back in the UK a few months ago I got a great cut from a high street barber for £10 so its not me. I have more or less given up in Asia, Ive been cutting my own hair now for years although maybe next time im in Bangkok I might try the 100 baht place in Asok station, how bad can they be...come out half bald, eyebrows missing, ear cut off?

A word of warning, my worst ever haircut was in this place. He was cutting my hair far too short and when I told him he started cutting it shorter so I shouted at him he's already cut it too much and he started cutting even shorter so I shouted at him to stop cutting. He ran out of the shop and was running around Asok station in a panic, approaching random farangs and asking, 'pood thai dai mai?' He failed to find anyone and eventually came back in and picked up the scissors again. I held on to some of the remaining hair on my head and said very slowly 'Too short... too short... too short... this is too short'. Finally the penny dropped and he said 'OH! OH! OH! Solly!'

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

A word of warning, my worst ever haircut was in this place. He was cutting my hair far too short and when I told him he started cutting it shorter so I shouted at him he's already cut it too much and he started cutting even shorter so I shouted at him to stop cutting. He ran out of the shop and was running around Asok station in a panic, approaching random farangs and asking, 'pood thai dai mai?' He failed to find anyone and eventually came back in and picked up the scissors again. I held on to some of the remaining hair on my head and said very slowly 'Too short... too short... too short... this is too short'. Finally the penny dropped and he said 'OH! OH! OH! Solly!'

You are registered here for more than 10 years, so probably you have spent some time in Thailand... and you can't even tell a barber how to cut your hair in Thai? Do you expect somebody who cuts hair for 100THB in central BKK can speak English? If you expect them to speak English go to one of the foreigner places where you pay 500THB

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jackdd said:

You are registered here for more than 10 years, so probably you have spent some time in Thailand... and you can't even tell a barber how to cut your hair in Thai? Do you expect somebody who cuts hair for 100THB in central BKK can speak English? If you expect them to speak English go to one of the foreigner places where you pay 500THB

What a self-righteous pillock you are! Can you not even read an amusing anecdote without getting all high-and-mighty? You must be a bundle of laughs in the pub.

23 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

I would believe this story apart from one thing...this place only has woman working there....