Retirement extension 2016 - latest requirements

sonos99

We have this form for two reasons.

Some senior immigration officer made this up to impress a superior. He either succeeded, or, his boss accepted so no "face" would be lost.

Due to the xenophobic character of this country (either that, or, it's a superiority complex), this form was bound to go over well.

Second reason is the abysmal failure to coordinate info and use a computer system to manage the data.

Just like the 90 day reporting, it fulfills no real purpose whatsoever. The immigration officer "foot-soldiers" know this and are resentful of spending their time on yet more pointless work, when they could be using their time more productively, like scratching their arse, or having a nose mining operation.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not going to get into a debate about whether the Personal Details form is right or wrong- its there at present so get used to it.

I went to collect my Retirement Permit today and went in to get a re-entry permit as well. Despite filling in the Personal Details form on Tues I had to fill in another one today.

AS OF TODAY IN PHUKET- EVERYONE has to fill in one of these forms, be it a 90 Day report, an entry permit, an extension, a Visa or anything else. The Volunteers claimed that the Immigration Officers are just as p1ssed off with this as everyone else but it has to be done at present. They actually ran out at one point and we had to wait for some more.

All they are requiring people to complete are the personal details, home address, address in Thailand and an emergency contact, be it a Thai or a Foreign one. Anything else IN PHUKET is considered voluntary at present.

What the volunteers suggested and this is accepted by the Immigration Officers AT PRESENT is that one fills in the relevant bits of the form then makes a number of photocopies to present on subsequent visits.

As an aside I collected as a spare residence registration form- it had the details page of a rather cute Russian Lady on the back- cue howls of rage at how old paperwork is re-used. coffee1.gif

Did my 90 day reporting at Phuket immigration a few days ago and nobody asked for the personal information form to be filled out. I was told it was needed when I extend my visa next month.

Not going to get into a debate about whether the Personal Details form is right or wrong- its there at present so get used to it.

I went to collect my Retirement Permit today and went in to get a re-entry permit as well. Despite filling in the Personal Details form on Tues I had to fill in another one today.

AS OF TODAY IN PHUKET- EVERYONE has to fill in one of these forms, be it a 90 Day report, an entry permit, an extension, a Visa or anything else. The Volunteers claimed that the Immigration Officers are just as p1ssed off with this as everyone else but it has to be done at present. They actually ran out at one point and we had to wait for some more.

All they are requiring people to complete are the personal details, home address, address in Thailand and an emergency contact, be it a Thai or a Foreign one. Anything else IN PHUKET is considered voluntary at present.

What the volunteers suggested and this is accepted by the Immigration Officers AT PRESENT is that one fills in the relevant bits of the form then makes a number of photocopies to present on subsequent visits.

As an aside I collected as a spare residence registration form- it had the details page of a rather cute Russian Lady on the back- cue howls of rage at how old paperwork is re-used. coffee1.gif

Did my 90 day reporting at Phuket immigration a few days ago and nobody asked for the personal information form to be filled out. I was told it was needed when I extend my visa next month.

Hence the bold parts of my comment. Day to day it can/will be different. On THAT day that's how it was.

Edited by Psimbo

<snip>

Wasn't this little cutie, was it?

post-35489-0-76665600-1463840515.jpg

From here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704019-phuket-immigration-nightmare/?p=10772528

I didn't see any requirement for personal information on the form that they don't know already. I don't do social media so I left that blank and it is optional. My parents names were required when I did my yellow book and they have my email from 90 day reporting. I don't own a vehicle and they know my bank account from the extension docs.

The form seems to mainly about collecting addresses, I put the same address in every section, the one I have used for the last 8 years. All in all it does seem to be a wasted exercise handing them out to people applying for 12 month extensions.

Some people do use social media, including you, on Thaivisa, and many have vehicles registered in their name.

So when we expats inevitably turn rogue, this information could be invaluable for locating, and bringing us to justice.

I think we all know why this new info form have been threaded down on us on top of all other info required whatever our visa status. Regarding locating us do I think we remember last year in November after the Paris terror. Some included myself got a visit to check on me because I left out of country just before the terror in Paris and come in again few days after. They did not need that form that time because they have all they need already to locate me and have had for long.

No...this is another reason to this form and we can nicely call it a part of a song which have been sung a couple of years here already now.

So long its been good to know you?

I was to Immigration for retirement extension and re-entry permit today. I was aware of the possibility for that they was busier than usual due to the recent long holiday but then again first time application at their new office at ground floor so cant compare with anything else than when they was upstairs. For me personally or maybe that was because busier than normal I think the hole prosess was similar but slower due to the fact that I not can do it all in one day but have to pick up passport tomorrow afternoon and then on to re-entry application which may or may not be issued tomorrow afternoon.sad.png

I used pension proof from my Embassy, copied all the passport, the officer kept most of it but did not take the copy of my foreign Visa card but kept copy of Thai ATM and front page Bank book. The officer put the "new information form" to side and kept only the picture for the application.

Hi Gents,

Couple of easy questions I think re my Retirement Visa Extension of stay :

When we say COPIES of, is that one or two copies, ie copies of Bank book etc.

For Proof of address, I do have a 30 year leasehold agreement, about 30 pages in English and Thai, what should I copy, all of it or first and last pages perhaps ?

I'll be heading to Phuket Immigration in a week, hope Room 101/103 is as nice an experience as it sounds (compared to before....)

Many thanks

Best Regards

SB

Take a look at post 116, or 124 for the required pages to be copied for TM7. Your re-entry (TM8) and Res cert will also require copies of similar. I would make 3 copies of everything to be safe. Bring an additional photo, and a good pen, you never know.

Good luck

<snip>

Wasn't this little cutie, was it?

post-35489-0-76665600-1463840515.jpg

From here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/704019-phuket-immigration-nightmare/?p=10772528

Nope- mine's from Omsk. Maybe we could start a collection on another thread!

My neighbors did their 90 day reports at Phuket today amid the chaos following the extended holidays.

They were made to complete the personal info form.

Different day, different officer?

My wife is doing my report in Patong tomorrow. I've completed the info form we'll see if they ask for it.

Edited by Old Croc

Hi Gents,

Couple of easy questions I think re my Retirement Visa Extension of stay :

When we say COPIES of, is that one or two copies, ie copies of Bank book etc.

For Proof of address, I do have a 30 year leasehold agreement, about 30 pages in English and Thai, what should I copy, all of it or first and last pages perhaps ?

I'll be heading to Phuket Immigration in a week, hope Room 101/103 is as nice an experience as it sounds (compared to before....)

Many thanks

Best Regards

SB

I had only one copy of everything mentioned in my previous post and was not asked for two copies of any document or passport pages.

• 4 weeks later...

Today, I went to the Phuket Immigration to do my retirement extension.  I went out of Thailand in June and came back in July, therefore I need to re-confirm my address first.  At the Volunteer desk, I have to fill in the Foreigner information form and specifically told to make multiple copies of it.  Got my queue number and went to counter #1.  True enough besides a photocopy of the main page of my passport and a photocopy of my TM6 "white card", I was asked for the Foreigner information form.  Then I went to Rm#103 for my permit of stay extension (retirement).  True enough, I was again asked for the Foreigner information form, so I gave a photocopy of it.  The best thing was none of the IOs even checked what was written in the form or whether it was complete.  I still have another photocopy of that Foreigner information form for my re-entry permit application tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Today, I went to the Phuket Immigration to do my retirement extension.  I went out of Thailand in June and came back in July, therefore I need to re-confirm my address first.  At the Volunteer desk, I have to fill in the Foreigner information form and specifically told to make multiple copies of it.  Got my queue number and went to counter #1.  True enough besides a photocopy of the main page of my passport and a photocopy of my TM6 "white card", I was asked for the Foreigner information form.  Then I went to Rm#103 for my permit of stay extension (retirement).  True enough, I was again asked for the Foreigner information form, so I gave a photocopy of it.  The best thing was none of the IOs even checked what was written in the form or whether it was complete.  I still have another photocopy of that Foreigner information form for my re-entry permit application tomorrow.

Yep, the advice I was given was just photocopy a big pile of them and bring them on every visit. Once it has been filled out its no great hardship. The place is going to choke in paperwork.

The Imm Officers are not happy with it either but 'bigger bosses said'. Hopefully it will fade away again at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Shot said:

Looks like they now want a pic of you in front of your house showing house number. No big deal, but what a waste of ?????

Its a little unclear as to what that guy is even appyling for, I would wait for some confirmation before quoting it

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Its a little unclear as to what that guy is even appyling for, I would wait for some confirmation before quoting it

Clarified here   

Edited by Shot

I too did a 90 day report about 10 days ago and was also informed by the wanabee that I

would need a completed foreign national info form now and for every future visit, the

rational behind this being that the new Immigration boss in Phuket also happens to be the

big boss for immigration in all Thailand. I have no notion of the validity of this statement

but I completed the form and persuaded the wanabrr to give me a rather old and faded copy

of same for future use.

The same wanabee informed me that a photo was not required and that it was only necessary

to complete sections 2.1, 2.3, 2.7, 2.7.1, and 2.7.2 and sign.

Below is the sad copy provided by the wanabee and also a copy of the same form, in the

same format but spruced up by a good friend of mine. please feel free to use either with the 

proviso that you take self responsibility for any use.

Cheers. 

foriegn national info.jpeg

Sorry looks like they came out the wrong way round, never mind they are both there.

FOREIGN NATIONAL.docx

Edited by phuketjock

21 hours ago, phuketjock said:

I too did a 90 day report about 10 days ago and was also informed by the wanabee that I

would need a completed foreign national info form now and for every future visit, the

rational behind this being that the new Immigration boss in Phuket also happens to be the

big boss for immigration in all Thailand. I have no notion of the validity of this statement

but I completed the form and persuaded the wanabrr to give me a rather old and faded copy

of same for future use.

The same wanabee informed me that a photo was not required and that it was only necessary

to complete sections 2.1, 2.3, 2.7, 2.7.1, and 2.7.2 and sign.

Below is the sad copy provided by the wanabee and also a copy of the same form, in the

same format but spruced up by a good friend of mine. please feel free to use either with the 

proviso that you take self responsibility for any use.

Cheers. 

foriegn national info.jpeg

Sorry looks like they came out the wrong way round, never mind they are both there.

FOREIGN NATIONAL.docx

Wow, you really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the Volunteers. Unlike you I find them to be extremely helpful in dealing with the people who turn up ill-prepared to deal with the Immigration Officers. Without them we would be in there for hours, whilst others kept getting bounced back. imagine the mood of an IO when you finally got to him as well- they act as a filter and I think they contribute far more than the police volunteers, who do seem to attract the wrong sort. 

The form takes an entire 30 seconds of one's life to complete and as informed by these 'wannabes' , copies are acceptable for the future.

Both the 'wannabes' and the 'reall-ybes' are as hacked off by these forms as the general public (see my post above) but its hardly a major drama is it? 

Edited by Psimbo

On 31/08/2016 at 5:27 PM, Psimbo said:

Wow, you really seem to have a chip on your shoulder about the Volunteers. Unlike you I find them to be extremely helpful in dealing with the people who turn up ill-prepared to deal with the Immigration Officers. Without them we would be in there for hours, whilst others kept getting bounced back. imagine the mood of an IO when you finally got to him as well- they act as a filter and I think they contribute far more than the police volunteers, who do seem to attract the wrong sort. 

The form takes an entire 30 seconds of one's life to complete and as informed by these 'wannabes' , copies are acceptable for the future.

Both the 'wannabes' and the 'reall-ybes' are as hacked off by these forms as the general public (see my post above) but its hardly a major drama is it? 

You are incorrect I have no "chip on my shoulder" about anyone or anything but when I

and others have been doing and renewing extensions for considerable years the wanabees,

or if you prefer, volunteers are just another unnecessary brick in the already substantive

wall we all have to climb at every visit to immigration. I am sure they may be of some

assistance to those who require it but when you don't require assistance they are a veritable

pain in the rear end. When I did my aforementioned 90 day report when I entered the office

there were two "volunteers' in attendance and the queue was out the door because one of the "volunteers" was dealing with three French people, I assume they were French because that

was the language they were using. I also assume the "volunteer' was French as he was

speaking the same language, bald chap oldish grey fuzz on top, I had to wait about 5 to 10

minutes to see the other "volunteer" as the French chap was actually filling in forms for the

three french people, didn't realise I could get a volunteer to do the paperwork for me???

When I did eventually get to see the other "volunteer", who was picking up all the non french

persons I was informed about the new need for Passport copy and foreign national info

form which I took away and duly completed and proceeded to the copy office and returned

to the "volunteers" desk and lo and behold the first "volunteer" was still in deep conversation

with the french delegation, same three, while the queue was now was even further out the

door, so further 10 or so minutes passed until the first "volunteer" finally finished with the

three french people and another 15 minutes before I was given the all clear from the second

"volunteer" to go ahead and do my 90 day report.

I have no doubt that the French delegation found the "volunteers" help great but lets face it

he was of absolutely no help whatsoever to every other person in that long queue, and he

caused all the others in the queue nothing but a long and unnecessary delay. 

So 40/45 minutes waiting just to see the IO to do a 2/3 minute 90 day report. IMHO they

should be available to assist when requested to do so they should not, ever,  under any

circumstances be installed as a link in the immigration chain.I suggest that the so called

"volunteers" unvolunteer and then the immigration officers will have to actually do the job

they are being paid to do, it worked very well before the "volunteers" came on the scene

and I am sure it would work again without them.

It has been my personal experience that many of the "volunteers" actually have little

knowledge of immigration rules and regulations!!  

Incidentally I posted the forms to try to assist anyone who needed them not bash the

wanabees or anyone else.      :facepalm:

Edited by phuketjock

1 hour ago, phuketjock said:

You are incorrect I have no "chip on my shoulder" about anyone or anything but when I

and others have been doing and renewing extensions for considerable years the wanabees,

or if you prefer, volunteers are just another unnecessary brick in the already substantive

wall we all have to climb at every visit to immigration. I am sure they may be of some

assistance to those who require it but when you don't require assistance they are a veritable

pain in the rear end. When I did my aforementioned 90 day report when I entered the office

there were two "volunteers' in attendance and the queue was out the door because one of the "volunteers" was dealing with three French people, I assume they were French because that

was the language they were using. I also assume the "volunteer' was French as he was

speaking the same language, bald chap oldish grey fuzz on top, I had to wait about 5 to 10

minutes to see the other "volunteer" as the French chap was actually filling in forms for the

three french people, didn't realise I could get a volunteer to do the paperwork for me???

When I did eventually get to see the other "volunteer", who was picking up all the non french

persons I was informed about the new need for Passport copy and foreign national info

form which I took away and duly completed and proceeded to the copy office and returned

to the "volunteers" desk and lo and behold the first "volunteer" was still in deep conversation

with the french delegation, same three, while the queue was now was even further out the

door, so further 10 or so minutes passed until the first "volunteer" finally finished with the

three french people and another 15 minutes before I was given the all clear from the second

"volunteer" to go ahead and do my 90 day report.

I have no doubt that the French delegation found the "volunteers" help great but lets face it

he was of absolutely no help whatsoever to every other person in that long queue, and he

caused all the others in the queue nothing but a long and unnecessary delay. 

So 40/45 minutes waiting just to see the IO to do a 2/3 minute 90 day report. IMHO they

should be available to assist when requested to do so they should not, ever,  under any

circumstances be installed as a link in the immigration chain.I suggest that the so called

"volunteers" unvolunteer and then the immigration officers will have to actually do the job

they are being paid to do, it worked very well before the "volunteers" came on the scene

and I am sure it would work again without them.

It has been my personal experience that many of the "volunteers" actually have little

knowledge of immigration rules and regulations!!  

Incidentally I posted the forms to try to assist anyone who needed them not bash the

wanabees or anyone else.      :facepalm:

In the past I have had this sort of queuing exerience. I had all my paperwork perfectly filled out and all copies. But I have to pass the volunteer gatekeeper. Usually only one and it irks the hell out of me when they cheerfully start to fill in the application form rather than hand over the form and tell the applicant to fill in over themself and move on to next in the queue. Everyone in the line sees what is going on and fumes. Yet the volunteer seems not to see or care about the increasing queue.