Last car you owned before moving here

Tywais

Looked through a few pages but didn't see a matching topic. Starting this one as I came across some old photos I had just before moving here. 1992 Ford Probe with 3.0L V6 Vulcan engine and 5 speed MT. Joint venture between Mazda and Ford. It was a smooth engine and quick enough. The one annoying thing is it had motorized automatic seat belts.

Yes, I had a fondness for Phuket back then. They disallowed my use of Phuket 1 for my vanity plates. Reason, profanity not allowed, who would have thunk you could pronounce it differently. biggrin.png

post-566-0-26941000-1461144484_thumb.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One other annoying feature was it had a very significant torque steer. Got caught by surprise a few times when the wheel virtually jumped out of my hands. I'm not sure but perhaps FWD (front wheel drive) was not common in the US at the time and the engineers didn't have a handle on correcting this.

The Probe was introduced by Jeremy Clarkson with the words "this car can snap knicker elastic at 200 yards". smile.png

My last car was an E34 Beamer 320i in white with the M50 straight six. Small engine but went well enough smile.png

EDIT Added photo, in the snow in Tervuren, Belgium with Wifey smile.png

post-14979-0-66207900-1461149321_thumb.j

Did the 328 windscreen wipers work in the rain and internal door trims stay in place all the time ?

Yes everything was perfect,Had to replace one of the 2 airco command module .The Ferrari price was crazy and some Lancia had the same one...so bought this one

Steering became very light over 210 km/h.Even dangereous.(and I was rcing driver in my 20 s and 30 s)

post-74421-0-23641900-1461217883_thumb.j

Jaguar XKR convertible. Sold a couple of years ago with only 60k km on the clock, having owned it from new for 10 years. Goes like $hit off a hot shovel !!

Would like to say it was a babe trap. It had its moments, but it mostly attracted the attention of pre-pubescent youths and old men.

957cc Ford Fiesta MK1 - every CC counted... couldn't pull the skin off a custard. The fastest it ever went was freewheeling down a hill !...

I was 17 and sold it when I was 18 for money for Uni. Shortly after Uni I came out to Thailand.

(This is not my actual car - but the photo is very close)..

post-22569-0-15092100-1461218601_thumb.j

Last car I owned was a auto Volvo 244DL had it for 23 years.

Last vehicle I used to have before coming here was a company Vito van, a shazy little dashboard mounted gearshift and a very good turbo diesel engine.

My last, every-day car before moving to Thailand was an AUDI RS6 Avant, with ABT Tuning (530 HP).

I toyed with the idea of bringing it to Thailand, but left-hand driving and import tax convinced me not to.

Then I got an AUDI A6 3.0 TDi here and had tears in my eyes...

Owned.. was a Triumph Dolemite - green with vinyl roof.

The vinyl roof period, late 70s, remember it well. The Dolomites were solid cars, remember the local ER room nurses pulling flakes of Dolomite cream paint out of my mangled leg many years ago