Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

sssssshhhh do not tell anyone what glorious blue skies we have. We do not want to be inundated with tourists (or even worse that ChiangMai lotwhistling.gif ).

Oh, I have learned my lesson when it comes to our glorious Chiang Rai Skies. I will never utter those words again.wink.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

sssssshhhh do not tell anyone what glorious blue skies we have. We do not want to be inundated with tourists (or even worse that ChiangMai lotwhistling.gif ).

Oh, I have learned my lesson when it comes to our glorious Chiang Rai Skies. I will never utter those words again.wink.pnglaugh.png

Its one of those days even I feel like stealing your bike and going for a ride.

• Like 1

And which bike would that be? wink.png

Bumped into a friend yesterday who said he was going on the motorbike ride today. Interesting how something that was started here, has been taken elsewhere and we are no longer copied on the updates.coffee1.gif I guess they are just being "Friendly".biggrin.png

Edited by villagefarang

Bumped into a friend yesterday who said he was going on the motorbike ride today. Interesting how something that was started here, has been taken elsewhere and we are no longer copied on the updates.coffee1.gif I guess they are just being "Friendly".biggrin.png

There is a method to their madness.

• Like 1

There is a method to their madness.

Let me point out, I was not the one who used the word madness.tongue.pnglaugh.pngthumbsup.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Raindrops are falling on my head.....at last some rain. Should drop the smoke for a little while.

Good to hear that you have organised the rain to clear the smoke.

Will be in Chiang Rai, the middle of June, to have that coffee we talked about on "Thailand Needs Cricket"

Raindrops are falling on my head.....at last some rain. Should drop the smoke for a little while.

Good to hear that you have organised the rain to clear the smoke.

Will be in Chiang Rai, the middle of June, to have that coffee we talked about on "Thailand Needs Cricket"

I have someone practing her cappachino making skills at the moment waiting for the visit.

• Like 1

A lot of cleaning up to do today, as we were at the eye/(center or what ever you call it) of the storm yesterday at 6pm, four directions wind rotation at 150km/h. Roofs flew and trees fallen, damn ! They told me this is new year storm. ( change of season storm, last year wasn't this bad as we were at the tail/or what ever you call it of the storm.)

Edited by RedBullHorn

Had a shopping trip to Chiang Rai today. Just south of the white temple noticed tree damage. There were crews still removing branches. About 500 metres south of the traffic lights there were a number of cement power poles that had fallen over. Repairs were still being completed on our return journey this afternoon. North bound traffic were directed into the south bound lane for a km. Some businesses had damage to their roofs. Must have been a huge storm to cause that amount of damage

Edited by ripstanley

• 1 month later...

It rained in town yesterday but I returned home to find we had not received a drop. Fortunately that was remedied last night with a light and sound show which accompanied three separate and heavy downpours. Today looks like good mountain bike weather.biggrin.pngclap2.gif