Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

We just lost our biggest tree. Luckily it missed the house. Big wind but little rain.

375091_10201219651676458_2132764966_n.jp

VF, sorry to see this! I know what it is like to lose a beautiful tree that makes your home look so nice and provide shade and beautify to your place. There is consolation in that it fell AWAY from the house as its final act of service to you.

• Like 1

We just lost our biggest tree. Luckily it missed the house. Big wind but little rain.

VF, sorry to see this! I know what it is like to lose a beautiful tree that makes your home look so nice and provide shade and beautify to your place. There is consolation in that it fell AWAY from the house as its final act of service to you.

Really sorry to hear this. You have a beautiful place and an older tree matters.

No burning though.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Looks like the rains are starting to clear the smoke in Chiang Rai. I Love the rainy season, May/June to October. That's because I lived in the desert for over 25 years. biggrin.png

post-42806-0-09262800-1367732410_thumb.j

Looks like the rains are starting to clear the smoke in Chiang Rai. I Love the rainy season, May/June to October. That's because I lived in the desert for over 25 years. biggrin.png

attachicon.gif IMG_0514.JPG

serious? where do you reside previously?

i am a big fan of raining season too. :D :D

attachicon.gif IMG_0514.JPG

serious? where do you reside previously?

i am a big fan of raining season too. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Rosamond, California

• 2 weeks later...

Glad everyone is okay and no damage to your house. Did it happen during the day or night? Might be a silly question, but can the tree be saved or bad root damage?

It is late afternoon approaching sunset, when we seem to get these strong winds. We have had a few of these storms lately.

The tree snapped at ground level so nothing could be salvaged. The in-laws chopped it up and hauled it away. It was very moist, soft wood, so I don’t think it will be good for much, probably not even charcoal.

Fallen%2520Tree%2520%2520003.jpg

It is late afternoon approaching sunset, when we seem to get these strong winds. We have had a few of these storms lately.

The tree snapped at ground level so nothing could be salvaged. The in-laws chopped it up and hauled it away. It was very moist, soft wood, so I don’t think it will be good for much, probably not even charcoal.

Fallen%2520Tree%2520%2520003.jpg

Well I suppose that you have a slightly less uninterrupted view of the fields and hills then :)

• Like 1

It rained through much of the night and we now have water standing in the fields. Many neighbors had been plowing their dusty dry fields and preparing their rice seedbeds with the remaining water from their ponds. Their gamble has paid off, at least for now.smile.png

It rained through much of the night and we now have water standing in the fields. Many neighbors had been plowing their dusty dry fields and preparing their rice seedbeds with the remaining water from their ponds. Their gamble has paid off, at least for now.smile.png

Those bung fai worked. Once they start poking holes in the clouds with those things you need never fear lack of water for another year. Good thing they do not use them in Bangkok.

Should make that bike riding a bit cooler and more interesting on the downhill corners too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's with this haze we are having? Things were really beautiful there for a while and then this stuff.sad.pngbah.gif

I noticed earlier today. I thought someone was burning again (and they probably are!). I am planning to take my bike (the motorized type) into the hills tomorrow to explore a little and was hoping the air would be clear and fresh. Keeping my fingers crossed that things improve tonight.

What's with this haze we are having? Things were really beautiful there for a while and then this stuff.sad.pngbah.gif

I noticed earlier today. I thought someone was burning again (and they probably are!). I am planning to take my bike (the motorized type) into the hills tomorrow to explore a little and was hoping the air would be clear and fresh. Keeping my fingers crossed that things improve tonight.

Take pictures.biggrin.png

Take pictures.biggrin.png

Hey VF, I made it up to Nanglae Falls this AM and the ride up there on my motorcycle was quite beautiful! When I got there I walked around looking for the best vantage point to take some photos of the falls (I say 'falls' but it is really not much more than a place where water rushes slightly downhill between some wonderful rock formations). Found the right spot. Took out my tripod and got it set and leveled. Set my Lee filter holder on the lens. Now I am ready to take the photos . . . except

. . . my CF card is back on my desk at home angry.pngmad.gifcrying.gif . Talk about feeling like a horses backside!

Anyway, it was a nice trip and now I have an excuse for going back again . . . with my complete camera equipment! ! ! ! ! !

• Like 2

That is sad and funny at the same time. Maybe you need a simpler, foolproof camera.smile.png The finished product may not be as good but at least you will get the shot.wink.png Good attitude and better luck next time. Thanks for sharing.smile.png We will still be here when you finally get the shot.

That is sad and funny at the same time. Maybe you need a simpler, foolproof camera.smile.png The finished product may not be as good but at least you will get the shot.wink.png Good attitude and better luck next time. Thanks for sharing.smile.png We will still be here when you finally get the shot.

The only feature missing on my camera is the one that plays a recording when you pick it up that says something to the effect, "Hey stupid, are you forgetting something?" In all seriousness, my camera will work fine as a simple point and shoot whenever I choose it just doesn't help my poor memory.

But, I will try again one day soon. When I do, I will post the results.

• Like 1