Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

Had a run up to Doi Mae Salong today, the road has slipped about six inches/a foot not far from the southern approach to the town, there's a definite feeling that the whole road could head off down the slope with a little encouragement.

Is it just me or do other people here feel that this is one of the wettest rainy seasons in many years. I can not remember a rainy season with soooooo many overcast and rainy days in succession. I can not remember that last morning when I have woken up to sun shining in my windows. It is beginning to get on my nerves! I have been through rainy seasons with floods and rainy seasons where it would rain almost every evening but the rain would last an hour or so then the skies would clear again. But this rain is a dreary, overcast with intermittent rain throughout the day.

Is anyone else getting tired of this dismal weather?

Maybe it is where you live. In Phaya Mengrai we are having more flooding than usual but we have good days between the rains when I have been able to get out on the bike and the trails.

In our area the rain came late and farmers are only now finishing their planting. That is very late.

For a while there, China seemed to have a fixed high-pressure system, which caused a heatwave for them and stopped the seasonal storms starting over by the Philippines from turning North.

The weather is unusual but isn’t that the point about weather, always changing. I have not found it all that dismal in my area and this evening it was actually cool while walking the dogs.smile.png

• 2 weeks later...

Mine hasn't moved from his bed yet.

He's been a bit sore, the lady of the house had some girlfriends over for drinks the other night and he fell off the spare bed barking at new arrivals through the window.

Som nam nar.

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 1

This is a familiar site these days. Lots of cloud cover but only localized rain.

trail%2520%2520009.jpg

Such a beautiful picture.

I've lived in the Phoenix, AZ area for too long. I crave dark clouds and monsoon rains slamming into me.

Unless the gods get annoyed with me, I'll be in Chiang Rai around April. I'll bring plenty of respiratory masks. :)