Weather in Chiang Rai region

kal147

This is a familiar site these days. Lots of cloud cover but only localized rain.

trail%2520%2520009.jpg

Such a beautiful picture.

I've lived in the Phoenix, AZ area for too long. I crave dark clouds and monsoon rains slamming into me.

Unless the gods get annoyed with me, I'll be in Chiang Rai around April. I'll bring plenty of respiratory masks. smile.png

Thank you. I spent much of my childhood in Tempe before moving to the islands, so I can understand where you are coming from.

• Like 1

Last night there was out of nowhere an almighty clap of thunder it seems just outside our house. A couple more rumbles and then no more.

Must be just punishing us for thinking the rainy season was finishing.

Edited by harrry

This is a familiar site these days. Lots of cloud cover but only localized rain.

trail%2520%2520009.jpg

Such a beautiful picture.

I've lived in the Phoenix, AZ area for too long. I crave dark clouds and monsoon rains slamming into me.

Unless the gods get annoyed with me, I'll be in Chiang Rai around April. I'll bring plenty of respiratory masks. smile.png

Thank you. I spent much of my childhood in Tempe before moving to the islands, so I can understand where you are coming from.

I'm using this picture as my computer's background.

it's a great motivator.

Tempe is a good place to live. It's much bigger now though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Over night rain has appeared to have cleared the smoke, very pleasant out today, I may take a run into town for coffee and a little light shopping.

That is after you take the dog for a walk to wear off the cheese burita he ate. smile.png

Haven't looked outside yet but the dogs have not been screaming to come in so it cannot be too bad....or they managed to persuade the MIL to let them into her house.

update

Have now looked outside. The dogs did make it to MILs house.

Raining fairly constant near the city area.

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

So has winter come to stay or is this just a freak cold (cool) spell? I am not complaining, I love it, but wondering where we go from here.

I for one, am hoping that we turned the corner and that cooler days and sunshine will prevail. Yesterday was sooooo nice, it made me anxious to get out and explore the beautiful countryside we have here in CR.

• Like 1

So has winter come to stay or is this just a freak cold (cool) spell? I am not complaining, I love it, but wondering where we go from here.

I for one, am hoping that we turned the corner and that cooler days and sunshine will prevail. Yesterday was sooooo nice, it made me anxious to get out and explore the beautiful countryside we have here in CR.

When you get a window in the weather you need to grab it quickly. Right now it is beautiful but no telling what next week will bring.

When you get a window in the weather you need to grab it quickly. Right now it is beautiful but no telling what next week will bring.

Let's hope it is cool, clear, clean skies and fields of wild sunflowers! ! ! ! Get those camera batteries charged and ready!

• Like 1

Let's hope it is cool, clear, clean skies and fields of wild sunflowers! ! ! ! Get those camera batteries charged and ready!

And make sure the batteries are in the camera.wink.png

ool, clear, clean skies and fields of wild sunflowers! ! ! ! Get those camera batteries charged and ready!

And make sure the batteries are in the camera.wink.png

And do not forget to bring the UV filter....you will need it for the smoke haze soon.whistling.gif