Not such a happy new year

luke000

Theres me and the gf and we have a two year old boy .

Theres the gfs sister who has an 8 year old boy

Their Mother and a 10 year odf female cousin

I quite often used to take the whole famiy out on days out and week-ends out, the gfs sister was living elsewhere, so She could come .

About two years ago, the whole family was in one place and the sister took everyone out for a day out , everyone apart from me, the sister said that there wasnt enough room for me and that I couldnt go (although there was enough room)

I was quite upset by this deliberate snub, as I always made sure that all the family came when I was paying for the trip , bring the mother along even. The whole family went out for the day and left me behind .

A month ago the gf went back to their village to collect the female cousin to come and stay with us for Songkram

Her sister that now lives in Puckett was furious that I hadnt asked her son and her Mother to come along

Unbeknown to me the gf and her sister had been talking on fb and the sister came up with an idea to help her save face.

Borrow 20 000 Baht from a money lender and the whole family get a bus to Puckett to go and stay with her .

OI phoned the gf and their village and asked them when they would be arriving (here, to me)

Her reply was "Im not coming, Ive got 20 000 Baht and Im going to Puckett and me and you are finished and I wont be coming back to live with you again"

"OK" and I hung up .

(I did realise that I was the only one who would be able to pay back that 20 000 Baht)

She took my son and the rest of the family on a 20 hour bus journey to Puckett , all with no identification

When She arrived She started voice mailing me basically saying that she was angry about something and she may come back in a few weeks if I promise to change, the reality is more like , She wanted to go on holiday and she pretended to get angry about something and that if I agree to change, then she will come back

And me to pay back the 20 000 Baht .

More voicemails"Do you ever want to see your Son again"?

So, they took my Son away and burrowed some money and if I want to see him again, I will have to pay back the money.

In my books , thats kidnapping and making me pay a ransom.

That 20 000 Baht would have been finished by now and I suspect that they dont have the 5000 Baht bus fare back home

When She does come back here, shes going to be broke and homeless, because I will not be letting her come back to stay here with me .

She going to have to find a job and somewhere to stay....as well as paying back the 20 000 Baht , and when she is out working , Im going to get my Son back .

This is yet another example to Thai females amazing ability to throw everything away,

Last month , she had a nice home, a settled family life, no need to work, everything paid for and wanting for nothing, next month, shes going to be homeless, in debt and unable to work legally .

Me : I am enjoying me new found freedom and I dont want her back

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never associate with a gfs family.

Don't visit them stay with them or go out with them.

Don't have them visit you, stay with you, or go out with you.

It only causes you trouble and expense.

I would be thinking only gf and sister went on 'holiday', everyone else left in the village.

I had a gf who used to go on 'holiday' to visit her family. But she always ended up in Pattaya with a foreigner or 10.

Edited by BritManToo

Bad luck!

Sounds like what passes for Normal Life here. Thais. particularly women, are capable of throwing anything away without a thought including children and lives. After decades I have yet to really work out why!

Its been absolutely torturous for me for the last month.

Suddenly having my two year old boy take from me and not knowing when and if ever Im going to see him again

Taken on a 24 hour in total bus journey without any I.D and gone to stay in patong in a small room with the gfs Sister and her friend who are both bargirls and without sufficient funds and staying with the family and everyone there is completely irresponsible and sewage in the sea and deadly rip currents and with no contact with them

Yesterday was the first day that I didnt have a beer for breakfast since they went

Here's what I'd do. I'd let things settle for awhile - do nothing. At some point she'll want some money.

Make a bargain with her. You'll pay "child support" every month but only if you get to share custody of your son. Use money for your leverage. Any time she withholds the son, withhold the money.

Don't ever take her back. She'll do it again. Get it over with.

Good luck to you. I wish you well.

Bad luck!

Sounds like what passes for Normal Life here. Thais. particularly women, are capable of throwing anything away without a thought including children and lives. After decades I have yet to really work out why!

because most are stuck in the mental state of a child until their dying days

She has done something like this before .

I opened up a Bangkok bank account and put 25 000 Baht in there (you know whats coming ) and said that its only to be used in an emergency and gave her the pin number, if I was on a Visa run and got refused entry or something , there would be some money there for her and my boy .

Within two weeks she had "got angry with me about something", stormed off back to her village with her Sister , withdrew all the money and spent it .

She phoned me one afternoon and said that my boy is very sick and that she needs to withdraw the money to pay the hospital bill which was in the nearest town .

She phoned me at 4.30 PM , the last bus to the village is 5 PM and I wasnt able to get there to see my boy.

She then phoned me first thing the next morning at 7AM and said that shes back in the village now after spending the night with my boy in hospital and that he is OK now .

7 AM and youre already back home in your village ?

Really ?

"How did you get back" I asked

"By bus"

Really , its a 90 minute journey and the first bus leaves at 6 AM

I never did get to see the hospital bill

And she has to do everything immediately and without thought or planning .

If she would have sat down a few weeks previously and discussed it , I would have funded a trip to Puckett, albeit only for the four of us .

We could have had a nice family holiday for a few weeks

My boys first time to the sea and beach..............and I wasnt there

Suddenly having my two year old boy take from me and not knowing when and if ever Im going to see him again

Taken on a 24 hour in total bus journey without any I.D and gone to stay in patong in a small room with the gfs Sister and her friend who are both bargirls and without sufficient funds and staying with the family and everyone there is completely irresponsible and sewage in the sea and deadly rip currents and with no contact with them

Yesterday was the first day that I didnt have a beer for breakfast since they went

Beer for breakfast never works.

Don't take that as criticism, because its not. If you need a beer at 7 in the morning, go for it. It just won't solve problems.

This is from experience, albeit a long time ago but doubt if things have changed from then til now.........................wink.png

Luke.....get a lawyer and present her with a financial deal. The kid is yours but you should never let her back in your life. Fight for the kid and keep her away. If she is as greedy a b#$% as your posts allude to...she will take the money and run and you will have your son. But you must be prepared to let her and the kid walk. Sorry...in Thailand there are no good options once you have reached this point.

I'll just mention a bit about her sister .

Twice shes thrown buckets of some substance in my face, smelt like some ammonia and pepper mixture, it just stung alot and left me unable to see for a few minutes . Another time her a a few of her mates followed me out a bar and came at me with bottles , another time her a a few of her mates followed me out a bar with pool cues and went to hit me on the head and moved my head to took a whack on the shoulder with such force that the pool cue broke , I picked up the broken bit and told them to stop hitting me, she then went to hit me again and in self defence, I hit her with the broken bit . She was straight on the phoce to the Police and got me taken in for questioning .

She also has come around my house at 2 AM , trying to kick my front door down , I ignored it for 20 minutes and I was concerned that my front door may give way , after the pool cues and ammonia, I thought that she could have a weapon , so I needed to get her away, so I opened the door and pushed her away as hard as I could , she hit the wall behind her and got knocked out .

Next day, Police came and took me in for questioning after she made a compliant . Both times I explained what happened and the witnesses backed me up and no further action was taken

And this woman is now taking care of my boy

If she would have sat down a few weeks previously and discussed it , I would have funded a trip to Puckett, albeit only for the four of us .

You didn't miss his first trip to the beach.

He's with grandma in the village.

She's in the bar working.

Luke.....get a lawyer and present her with a financial deal. The kid is yours but you should never let her back in your life. Fight for the kid and keep her away. If she is as greedy a b#$% as your posts allude to...she will take the money and run and you will have your son. But you must be prepared to let her and the kid walk. Sorry...in Thailand there are no good options once you have reached this point.

The difficult thing is that my boy has no Nationality .

Which means that I cannot get a carer Visa and that if I ever get denied entry into Thailand , he will then have to go back with his Mum or in an orphanage

Which means that I cannot get a carer Visa and that if I ever get denied entry into Thailand , he will then have to go back with his Mum or in an orphanage

Now you're sounding like a troll, eek out little bits of extra information as you get bored.

If he doesn't have your nationality, you only have yourself to blame for not getting the paperwork done.

How do you even know he is your kid?

You didn't miss his first trip to the beach.

He's with grandma in the village.

She's in the bar working.

I ve seen the photos of them all in Puckett on facebook , posted photos of the tickets as well . Although She could be bar working in Puckett

Apologies if I missed it, but you've mentioned that your gf would be working illegally & your son has no nationality, are you saying your gf/son are not Thai?

Could be Thai Yai or Mountain Folk. I know Mountain Girls that have no Thai ID; no nothing but were born here in Thailand in very remote areas. I know one half Vietnamese girl. She was born in Thailand, and her father was a wealthy Vietnamese guy that hid out here after the war.He was and illegal with ill-gotten gains (stolen gold), and he could not go home.

He had 17 Mai Noi's with 11 of them living under his roof. He had over 40 children, and not one of these kids got classed as a Thai National until recently. It took like ten years for this girl and 11 of her sisters to get recognized. Certainly was done in a different age to now, but these things still go on.

"Yesterday was the first day that I didnt have a beer for breakfast since they went"

Seems you have a bit of a drink problem, maybe you should try and sort that out.

Cut long story short, a friend of mine was with a Thaigirl for 4 years, trips to England, school fees for kids, phones, motorbikes + 40K a month

He went to the UK for two weeks business trip, found out she was on WS every night free-lancing while he was away

He just walked away from her, now she has nothing

Apologies if I missed it, but you've mentioned that your gf would be working illegally & your son has no nationality, are you saying your gf/son are not Thai?

They are of Burmese origin, have a right to reside in Thailand, but they have no Thai identification . They have a pink paper or something that only gives them a right to live in their local area .

Now you're sounding like a troll, eek out little bits of extra information as you get bored.

If he doesn't have your nationality, you only have yourself to blame for not getting the paperwork done.

How do you even know he is your kid?

I wrote in the OP that they were travelling with no ID .

His Thai birth certificate has non Thai written across the top .

To get him UK nationality, I need his mums birth certificate , because she was born on the bedroom floor at home with just the local midwife as support, she didnt get a birth certificate .

I went to the British Consulate and inquired about getting him a UK passport, but they said he cannot have one .

"Yesterday was the first day that I didnt have a beer for breakfast since they went"

Seems you have a bit of a drink problem, maybe you should try and sort that out.

Its helped immensely for this last month to pass .

Could be Thai Yai or Mountain Folk. I know Mountain Girls that have no Thai ID; no nothing but were born here in Thailand in very remote areas. I know one half Vietnamese girl. She was born in Thailand, and her father was a wealthy Vietnamese guy that hid out here after the war.He was and illegal with ill-gotten gains (stolen gold), and he could not go home.

He had 17 Mai Noi's with 11 of them living under his roof. He had over 40 children, and not one of these kids got classed as a Thai National until recently. It took like ten years for this girl and 11 of her sisters to get recognized. Certainly was done in a different age to now, but these things still go on.

There are estimated to be 3 500 000 statess people in Thailand

http://www.thethailandproject.org/who-we-help-stateless.html

To get him UK nationality, I need his mums birth certificate , because she was born on the bedroom floor at home with just the local midwife as support, she didnt get a birth certificate .

I went to the British Consulate and inquired about getting him a UK passport, but they said he cannot have one .

Strange that, because the British Embassy in BK are used to dealing with mums that have no ID.

Did it myself a few years back. Got a British overseas registration of birth and a British passport, effortless (surprise).

Fill out the forms, pay the money, 10 days for birth registration certificate, 4 weeks for passport.

UK nationals birth cert (long), Thai birth certificate (naming both parents) and any form of ID belonging to the mother (with translations).

British Embassy are very keen to see no child is left without any nationality.

Edited by BritManToo

Strange that, because the British Embassy in BK are used to dealing with mums that have no ID.

Did it myself a few years back. Got a British overseas registration of birth and a British passport, effortless (surprise).

Fill out the forms, pay the money, 10 days for birth registration certificate, 4 weeks for passport.

UK nationals birth cert (long), Thai birth certificate (naming both parents) and any form of ID belonging to the mother (with translations).

British Embassy are very keen to see no child is left without any nationality.

Although I went to the British Consulate in CM ,

Did you read the bit where I said that she has no ID whatsoever ?

Also, I didnt necessarily pursue the mater at the time because that would raise the issue of him getting a Thai visa and it could lead to deportation to the UK when he gets older .

I was also reading about stateless people getting UK nationality and if you dont meet the criteria, you can appeal directly to the UK Home Secretary and they can grant UK citizenship at their desecration, over riding the regulations

Its helped immensely for this last month to pass .

Well I hope everything works out for you, you seem like a decent guy, but please watch the drink. it will not help.

They are of Burmese origin, have a right to reside in Thailand, but they have no Thai identification . They have a pink paper or something that only gives them a right to live in their local area .

You said she had a bit of Pink paper allowing her to stay in Thailand. That isn't 'no ID'

Kid isn't stateless, if you are British, he is British, having no other state makes them easier on the paperwork for mum.

She was straight on the phoce to the Police and got me taken in for questioning .

Next day, Police came and took me in for questioning after she made a compliant . Both times I explained what happened and the witnesses backed me up and no further action was taken

Not to mention for an illegal family working as a bar girl, the sister is a bit brave with the Thai police.

Illegals usually run and hide from the police, not make reports to them. It all sounds like BS to me.

Edited by BritManToo

I wrote in the OP that they were travelling with no ID .

His Thai birth certificate has non Thai written across the top .

Something missing here - If you are legalised on your Son's Birth Certificate as the Father it is your legal right as a British National (Born in the UK) to secure your Son's nationality and obtain a Passport.

IF you are not legalised on your Son's Birth Certificate you need to secure paternity before anything else.