Bangkok youth gunned down in hail of bullets - gang high on cough mixture to blame

rooster59

While not detracting from the seriousness of the impact on friends and family of the victim or indeed the same for those of anyone arrested and charged I have to wonder as to what cause there was to incite such a killing? Gang warfare may have little apparent rationale beyond mindless retribution. Sadly absolute innocence of the victim seems unlikely. And certainly not exclusive to Thailand.

So the POLICE, who always wait until the event is over to show up, found him still alive yet he still dies on the spot? I see an ambulance there. Did they all just stand around and watch him die?

While not detracting from the seriousness of the impact on friends and family of the victim or indeed the same for those of anyone arrested and charged I have to wonder as to what cause there was to incite such a killing? Gang warfare may have little apparent rationale beyond mindless retribution. Sadly absolute innocence of the victim seems unlikely. And certainly not exclusive to Thailand.

A shotgun? Seriously?

Hope justice is served.

More than likely a handmade shotgun pistol, common with youth gangs in South Asia, 12 gauge, single shot, nasty bugger, tried to upload a picture of one from the Bangkok Post, but got a notice I was not able to do that on this forum. whistling.gif

RIP to the young one, wonder if we will ever know what really happened??, I left the USA 25 years ago for this very reason, insane gang bangers that kill for no reason at all............I'll take my chances overseas thanx very much.wai2.gif

So is dextromethorphan in most countries and it was also legal until recently in Thailand.

My point was that if a few people abuse one legal substance, they ban it, if another legal substance is abused on a widespread basis (alcohol) and is the most abused mood alterering substance available, responsible for the most accidents, deaths, domestic violence, agressive behavior, health problems, cost to society, all the government does is make sure celibrities don't make money off promoting it.

At least dextromethorphan is safe when used properly and has medical benefits. Restrict access to it, require an ID, prevent sales to the age group who's abusing it but don't ban it so people with a valid need for it can get it. Or treat like alcohol and turn a blind eye to the problems caused by its abuse.

I also had a condescending comment to tack on the end, but I'm above that.

That's the reason you can't by detromethorphan cough suppressant in Thailand. People drink entire bottles of it. Same thing happens with alcohol but somehow that's okay.

Drinking alcohol isn't illegal. Which part of that don't you understand?

That's the reason you can't by detromethorphan cough suppressant in Thailand. People drink entire bottles of it. Same thing happens with alcohol but somehow that's okay.

Why is it necessary to use the ridiculous, provocative cliche, "What part of that," etc???

Why not just say, "But alcohol is legal"??

You do yourself no credit.

Guitar God, we think alike.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Anybody the remotest theory what might have been the purported reason...? Sort of "I was feeling like it" or "there are too many people on Earth anyway" or "he looked cuter than I"...? Well, since "arrests are expected quickly", we will hopefully soon know, if in fact there is anything to know... it s a darn violent society

Your dam right ,it is a violent society, and it is sick that lunatics can get hold off guns easy.

As long as there is money to be made from selling these guns to loonies we will never see the powers that be make reform, they are to entrenched in the cycle , very sadly.

Gun reform along with many other reforms , traffic sticking out among the bunch have never been addressed.

It is time to outlaw the ownership off guns and start bringing them in , but that is a dream as much as traffic reform is'

LOS is the wild wild west and getting worse by the day.

I guess TV readers, who are always intent on finding evidence of how efficient Thai Government is, will like this one:

(From WIKIPEDIA)

"Possession of kratom leaves is illegal in Thailand. The Thai government passed the Kratom Act 2486, effective August 3, 1943, which made planting the tree illegal and required existing trees to be cut down. This law was not found effective, since the tree is indigenous to the country."

Cocaine and most other drugs are banned in 99 % of the world. But you can still buy it. I don't see your point !

Try thinking a little outside of the square. wai.gif Are those drugs an indigenous species in their countries?

You ban the illegal use of kratom NOT cut down existing indigenous plants! People can be bad - should humans be removed? Think about controls not "removal". coffee1.gif

The authorities know the gang and THEY STILL HAD guns, OMG very poor action by those authorities then a life is lost due to either laziness or incompetence I am not sure which is more appropriate.

Did the authorities know who committed the crime before it was committed?

Was it the Precog unit?

It is understood that the local force are aware of the identity of the group responsible and arrests are expected quickly.

As usual, too little, too late.

Too little, too late? If the incident was spontaneous, as indicated, what could anyone do? This type of random killing happens the world over, and unfortunately, no one is able to get into the minds of children and prevent such acts of stupidity. Even with the police knowing the group, how could they have prevented such a vicious act. If they make quick arrests, then at least they are doing their job. Why is it dammed if they do, dammed in they don't?

Why is it necessary to use the ridiculous, provocative cliche, "What part of that," etc???

Why not just say, "But alcohol is legal"??

You do yourself no credit.

Guitar God, we think alike.

Yes, you're right, I take the last part back and apologise.

Anybody the remotest theory what might have been the purported reason...? Sort of "I was feeling like it" or "there are too many people on Earth anyway" or "he looked cuter than I"...? Well, since "arrests are expected quickly", we will hopefully soon know, if in fact there is anything to know... it s a darn violent society

Sad truth is that is was probably for no reason at all. They probably thought it would be fun as he wasn't part of their gang. Sick. AND some are against the death penalty. Sorry but the scum who do things like this don't deserve to be on the planet.