Thailand aims to rid country of malaria by 2024

webfact

Thailand aims to rid country of malaria by 2024

BANGKOK, 25 April 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health is accelerating its malaria eradication campaign under the government's Pracharat Model.

Public Health Minister Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn has affirmed his ministry’s commitment to realize the global agenda by the World Health Organization to “End Malaria for Good” and announced Thailand’s goal of eradicating malaria from the country by the year 2024.

Malaria cases worldwide have dropped steadily since 2000 by more than 75% in 55 countries worldwide. In Thailand, the number of malaria patients has decreased from 150,000 cases in 2000 to 24,850 in 2015, marking an 85% decrease with the remaining cases concentrated along the border.

The Ministry of Public Health has announced its malaria eradication plan for 2017 to 2026. The plan consists of developing technology, innovation and appropriate measures to eliminate malaria; increasing cooperation between partners; and empowering the public with healthy habits that prevent malaria. The plan has a total budget of 2.283 billion baht.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-25 footer_n.gif

A noble effort would be need to eradicate Malaria by 2024 , the female being the carrier mosquito changes it's strain every three months , possibly the latest from Australia is the biology attack , where the male is made impotent , then releasing them into the air, another is a new vaccination that lasts two years, both worth looking at, however Thailand needs to clean up its waterways, rubbish lying around making breeding grounds for malaria, a lot needs to be done to achieve this target........................coffee1.gif

Bless those Harding working RNs Ph.D educated abroad, forced by the Established old guard to follow the Precede Model and come up with this...

Kudos for the MPH MDs for copying this from a medical journal...thumbsup.gif

Had to say it...whistling.gif

A noble effort would be need to eradicate Malaria by 2024 , the female being the carrier mosquito changes it's strain every three months , possibly the latest from Australia is the biology attack , where the male is made impotent , then releasing them into the air, another is a new vaccination that lasts two years, both worth looking at, however Thailand needs to clean up its waterways, rubbish lying around making breeding grounds for malaria, a lot needs to be done to achieve this target........................coffee1.gif

All sensible thoughts and comments. But falling on deaf ears I am afraid.

I'm curious! Why don't they just come up with a cure for it? They have already developed so many cures. At least, they claimed to have anyway!

Why can't they come up with a cure for yellow fever? Why can't they come up with a cure for rabies? Why can't they come up with a cure for tetanus? Why can't they come up with a cure for rhinovirus (common cold)? Why can't they come up with a cure for cancer? Peter Fleming accidentally stumbled across a yeast that produces a chemical that kills a lot of different types of bacteria. I wouldn't want to go back to the days before that (and when I was a kid penicillin was not yet universally available).

Another promise.. another crackdown... makes them sound professional and impressive to most of the Thai population.

But nothing will happen.. and just to stop any people starting to ask why these promises and crackdowns are not happening they will come up with another super headline NEW CRACKDOWN on something else.

Do these Ministers have a number of stupid reports that they must put out each month , saying how they will do this and that ?

Minister of propaganda today says the Caviar production will double , blah blah blah......

Malaria , Dengue , etc are a worldwide problem and millions are being spent to find a cure

But its a moving target as the Mosquitoes change or become immune to the spray they use.

I think a better way for the Minister would be to tell the people positive steps they could do today , standing water etc......

Meanwhile over the border in Cambodia.....

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/96295

..They will need a very big net to stop them coming over the border - or maybe there will be new Visa requirements by then....for insects as well as people with blue eyes....

Maybe they will build a wall? Seems to be the go to solution for border issues.

I'm curious! Why don't they just come up with a cure for it? They have already developed so many cures. At least, they claimed to have anyway!

Why can't they come up with a cure for yellow fever? Why can't they come up with a cure for rabies? Why can't they come up with a cure for tetanus? Why can't they come up with a cure for rhinovirus (common cold)? Why can't they come up with a cure for cancer? Peter Fleming accidentally stumbled across a yeast that produces a chemical that kills a lot of different types of bacteria. I wouldn't want to go back to the days before that (and when I was a kid penicillin was not yet universally available).

Peter Fleming? Which Peter fleming? Missionary. Tennis player? Writer? Bike racer?

Try Sir Alexander Fleming

The Ministry of Public Health would do better to donate the 2.283 billion baht to the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, a project funded by GlaxoSmithKline and donors led by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They have spent hundreds of millions of dollars over 30 years to develop the Mosquirix vaccine. It has been endorsed last year by the European drugs regulator and the World Health Organization. Perhaps to be used in Africa this year.

But Thailand, the Hub of Medical Miracles, wouldn’t receive any accolades. For the sake of reputation, better for the Ministry to reinvent medical technology and take credit for it.

Meanwhile over the border in Cambodia.....

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/96295

..They will need a very big net to stop them coming over the border - or maybe there will be new Visa requirements by then....for insects as well as people with blue eyes....

Maybe they will build a wall? Seems to be the go to solution for border issues.

My source in the Thai Intelligence told me they have a black-op site where they train mosquitos to only suck blood from burmese, khmens and falangs...

All Thai mosquitos will be "urged" to carry Dengue instead.

Foreign mosquitos will be banned from entering Thai airspace unless they get a work permit and a medical certificate..

Edited by bangon04

DDT was very, very effective.

But the then 'New Age' Nazis decided that it should be banned because it allegedly caused a soft shell syndrome on an eagle egg somewhere.

The eagle egg shells were saved but hundreds of millions of people have perished since.

Edited by Mudcrab