Name the top country you wish you would have been born into citizenship in other than your own

Qatar - you get a free house, free furnishings, money from the Oil & Gas revenues, given a high paid job irrespective of capability and you have the Embassies giving you visa's with out any problem.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe so many people choosing the frigid Nordic countries. In fact anywhere in Europe. Even Canada has crap winter. Clearly lot of people on TV love snow

You did not say about where to live ,just the citizenship.

Switzerland

Visited twice. Between the mountains and quaint villages it's a fairy tale setting.

Hiking, backpacking, and skiing across the Alps from village to village is like a dream.

Not employed by Swiss Tourism Authority.

Can't believe so many people choosing the frigid Nordic countries. In fact anywhere in Europe. Even Canada has crap winter. Clearly lot of people on TV love snow

I do, thank you.

Another for Iceland here.

Didn't Iceland have an economic meltdown just a few short years ago and require a bail out from the EU? That would have to impact individual citizens' standard of living I would think...

Another for Iceland here.

Didn't Iceland have an economic meltdown just a few short years ago and require a bail out from the EU? That would have to impact individual citizens' standard of living I would think...

No.....that would be US banks in the land of milk and honey.......It did have an impact on citizens standards-...51% of US citizens are earning $31000

And unlike Iceland(where the charges were laid against banksters)the US has NOT charged any banker for crimes of mass financial destruction!

Pimlico

Pimlico is not a country

a lot of people replying to this thread seem to think they're comedians.......OP asked an interesting question.....

I think he means if you were born again in the same year,what country would you like to have been brought-up in.....

North Korea

Nigeria just lost out!!!!

In last place, Hawaii.....if that is a country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii

I'm an American and have spent time in Hawaii, I was trying to be dumb.

OK, OK, Serious answer time!!!!

I would need safety, upward mobility, nice language, and good quality of life.

I would say Germany, but I think it might fail in quality of life and nice sounding language.

I have traveled a lot, but not to the place i will name, which means i haven't found a better one.

1. Austria

2. UK

I don't understand you guys the op's question was very easy why can't you just answer

with a simple answer and leave all your crap behind

Perhaps it is because some people believe they have the right to comment what they think rather than be pigeon-holed into what others think.

Being born as a Dutch citizen, and liking most asoects of it, I'd say any country that has simular basics. Germany, Denmark, Sweden (cold!), Finland (colder!), UK ( same shitty rainy weather as NL), Belgium (Flanders). Liechtenstein is too small, plenty of people never heard if it, I would't really consider it. Australia might be nice.

For a best answer I'd need to dig into all the pro's and con's but if asked to name one without overthinkng it: Germany.

New Zealand, I did my first three trips in the Brit Merchant Navy to New Zealand, wonderful land, loved the place, I watched a programme on YouTube last night, a train journey from Auckland to Wellington, beautiful countryside.