Christmas Dinner

ThaiPauly

Pretty much everyone I talked to last year said the Duke's was amazing and I know that Dave really likes to make holiday meals special.

I have booked already without even seeing the menu but he has mentioned all kinds of wonderful dishes that he intends to try.! :D

Would have thought you'd be doing xmas at the spotlight bar :o

So hard choosing between a leg and a breast though.

Pretty much everyone I talked to last year said the Duke's was amazing and I know that Dave really likes to make holiday meals special.

I have booked already without even seeing the menu but he has mentioned all kinds of wonderful dishes that he intends to try.! :D

Would have thought you'd be doing xmas at the spotlight bar :D

Why would you say that?? :o

I find UG's suggestions about eating to be quite well informed and useful to me. :D

Would have thought you'd be doing xmas at the spotlight bar :D

Why would you say that?? :o

I find UG's suggestions about eating to be quite well informed and useful to me. :D

No harm done Ajarn.

He knows that I ALSO enjoy spending time at Spotlight ( that is my first stop after the Duke's)! :D

Although it is early November I have many peple coming from BK to CM for Christmas.

We need to book somewhere, probably early, as the best places might get booked up soon.

Last year I had dinner at

So good people..any recomendations?

The House is one place I have thought of so far, but any other suggestions, even hotels would be most welcome :o

Cheers

TP

Hmmm, not sure if I should tell you about our Christmas Party (in Chiang Dao) or not, because I don't want it to come off as advertising. We are having a Christmas Party on Dec. 24th, with Butterball Turkey's, Pork Roast with German Dumplings, cakes, cookies, some Thai vegetarian food, Christmas Tree and music and a few decorations.

We already sold 17 of the 35 tickets, so we will sell out either way, but since we have a few tickets left, I thought I'd mention it. It's 295 pp for adults and 150 for Children. We will have a small gift for children.

This is more a party for local expats and their partners. This party is not open to tourists, unless they are personal friends of yours, visiting Thailand, then of course, you are welcome to bring them.

It will be family oriented.

Our guesthouse is booked solid from December 19th until after New Years, so you would have to find your own accomodations or way home.

I'm not going to mention the name of our Restaurant in this post, so if you are really interested, you can email us at [email protected] for more info.

You would have to find a way to pick up your ticket out here a few weeks before the party, which might be very inconvenient as well, if you don't live close to here.

Thought it might be a nice option for people who want to get out of town for a few days during the holiday season and us locals here always like to meet other Expats.

You can ask other people who have been here about the food :D

Cheers

Kurt

I have booked already without even seeing the menu but he has mentioned all kinds of wonderful dishes that he intends to try.! :o

I have to agree. Can't remember if it was last year, or the year before, we went to Duke's for their Prime Rib, during the Christmas season and it was delicious. I have sent many people there since to check out the food. Even my wife, Mon (who is Thai), liked the food there, which is amazing in itself, because she usually doesn't like the food in Farang restaurants.