“You can’t always get what you want” – the Rolling Stones dump Trump

webfact

I was wondering. I kept hearing the Stones' "Start me Up" song at Trump rallies (videos. I wasn't there in person), ....and wondered several times why the Stones allowed their song to become Trump's theme song. If campaigns know nothing else, they should know that you've got to get permission to use a musician's song. I can understand Trump not knowing that and/or not caring, but what about his minders? Trump is always bragging about how he gets the best people to work for him. None of them asked permission from the Stones to use their song as their theme song? If true, it proves yet again what a bullshitter Trump is.

If Keith and Mick were half as vindictive as Trump, they would slap a $20 million lawsuit on his pompous ass, for infringement of copyright.

I'm quite sure they sought permission to use their songs as the great grandfathers were probably supporters of Trump in the beginning but have no doubt had a change of heart due to his ever increasing rhetoric.

He didn't become a multi billionaire by chance.

So why do you think the Stones were supporters of Trump in the beginning? And why are you quite sure they sought permission?

Maybe they don't have to have been supporters of Trump but at the same time he doesn't have to get permission directly from the band.

Political campaigns don't need musicians' express permission to use their songs on the trail, just as long as they obtain a blanket license under performing rights organizations like ASCAP or BMI. Some licensing associations, like BMI, can also make special exceptions for their artists and include provisions in artists' contracts that would allow them to exclude certain songs from the license.

Interview with CNBS...

Donald Trump is pushing back on the Rolling Stones' request that he refrain from using their songs on the campaign trail, saying that he and his campaign "have the rights to use them.""You know, we use so many songs," Trump said in an interview with CNBC early Thursday. "We have the rights to use them. I always buy the rights."

I think to react by saying that the Stones should butt out and mind there own business is a little silly isn't it? Trump is using their music and they have asked him to stop. He then uses that to rally his troops and that is exactly what is happening here.

Clearly very few people in the public eye will want to be associated with the duck and the Stones are no different.

It's all part of the circus boys and Trump will be loving the publicity. More popcorn over here please!

Trump should change his campaign tune to Muzak used in a trans-gender friendly toilet - at least the liberals might give up whining for a minute.

I would add the song is perfectly appropriate for a nation in danger of being ruined by thousands of special interest groups wanting free stuff for themselves whilst not even content to grant basic constitutional rights to whoever they disagree with. Yes, such hysterics needs large doses of castor oil, as oppose to snake oil.

Edited by Steely Dan

Stones you are past your sell by date.

Butt out, stay out.

So tell me how the Stones always have sell out concerts anywhere in the world, tickets sold to young and old......Why is that....?

Because all current music is <deleted>?

I was wondering. I kept hearing the Stones' "Start me Up" song at Trump rallies (videos. I wasn't there in person), ....and wondered several times why the Stones allowed their song to become Trump's theme song. If campaigns know nothing else, they should know that you've got to get permission to use a musician's song. I can understand Trump not knowing that and/or not caring, but what about his minders? Trump is always bragging about how he gets the best people to work for him. None of them asked permission from the Stones to use their song as their theme song? If true, it proves yet again what a bullshitter Trump is.

If Keith and Mick were half as vindictive as Trump, they would slap a $20 million lawsuit on his pompous ass, for infringement of copyright.

I'm quite sure they sought permission to use their songs as the great grandfathers were probably supporters of Trump in the beginning but have no doubt had a change of heart due to his ever increasing rhetoric.

So why do you think the Stones were supporters of Trump in the beginning? And why are you quite sure they sought permission?
Maybe they don't have to have been supporters of Trump but at the same time he doesn't have to get permission directly from the band.

Political campaigns don't need musicians' express permission to use their songs on the trail, just as long as they obtain a blanket license under performing rights organizations like ASCAP or BMI. Some licensing associations, like BMI, can also make special exceptions for their artists and include provisions in artists' contracts that would allow them to exclude certain songs from the license.

Interview with CNBS...

Donald Trump is pushing back on the Rolling Stones' request that he refrain from using their songs on the campaign trail, saying that he and his campaign "have the rights to use them.""You know, we use so many songs," Trump said in an interview with CNBC early Thursday. "We have the rights to use them. I always buy the rights."

Thanks, so the previous post I replied to was nonsense.

Interview with CNBS...

Notice I said probably and not definitely.

And to answer your second question, permission was requested, paid for and accepted.

Will they too promise to leave the USA, or not Perform there if Trump was elected like some other entertainment's people

said they would?

I hope they make that promise.

I also hope they continue to play in the US without breaking that promise.

Interview with CNBS...

Notice I said probably and not definitely.
And to answer your second question, permission was requested, paid for and accepted.

Trump claims he has the rights, not the same as having the rights.

Fortunately the oaf is thick skinned

I've never heard of a politician disliked so intensely by all but the most foolish people

I really think it is the end of the GOP. American politics will now become multiparty I predict. Who knows, after HRC you might have a coalition!

I can't see any musicians agreeing to let Trump use their music. Sinatra?

A recent survey of why people are voting for Trump... post-238900-0-83326100-1462579052_thumb.

Fortunately the oaf is thick skinned

I've never heard of a politician disliked so intensely by all but the most foolish people

I really think it is the end of the GOP. American politics will now become multiparty I predict. Who knows, after HRC you might have a coalition!

I can't see any musicians agreeing to let Trump use their music. Sinatra?

A recent survey of why people are voting for Trump... attachicon.gif20160507_Hill2.png

With that amount of unlikeabily, instead of kissing babies on the campaign trail, we might see this:

59654281.jpg