Vehicles of any description and Transportation Images in Thailand.

Ron19

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/7/2018 at 6:03 PM, Assurancetourix said:

Would like to see this vehicle when it's too much wind..:cheesy:

On a technical side the 250 bales @ about 18 kg a bale is about 4.5 tons, the rear axle, leaf springs, and rear shock absorbers . are from a 6 wheel truck.

We have a lot of these pick up hauling rice straw in this area, never seen one blow over..........yet.

In summer 1976 , in France , we had a very big drought , especially in Brittany .

I was a trucker and drived a semi trailor ( 38 tons ) every week to Italy.

But during three months my boss asked me to work for the farmers who had nothing to give for their animals.

Every day with many other truckers we did many km with balls of straw on our trailors;

I used to have 14 row of balls on my trailor which was each time 5,7 m high = 18,7 feet :cheesy: ;

yes a very high truck;

why 18,7 feet ?

because the electric lines, in France are at minimum  6 m high = 19,6 feet so we can pass under them if they cross the roads.

the load on the trailor was approx 11 tons .

On 7/11/2018 at 2:45 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I can't imagine how much that load would weigh if it got rained on during the journey ?

Good question, they use plastic sheets to cover the loads, in very heavy rain they will stop somewhere,

If the straw gets wet and is stacked into the barn  It will heat up and, and you will get mold and fungi, making the straw smell, cattle will not eat it so readily.  

Emptying milk churns, most Thai dairy farmers milk 10-30 cows, a few milk 50 plus, all have no cooling equipment, for cooling milk.

Raw milk sent to a co-op/milk center, where it is weighed, cooled and stored, then sent to factories in Bangkok and Ayutthaya, all milk is picked up from farms, am and pm, one time this co-op used to send 80 ton a day to the factories, now about 30 ton a day, it is the milk centers that pay the farmers.,once a month.

The other truck has emptied his milk churns and is putting the weigh tickets in the milk churns, before doing the return journey to drop the churns off at the farms.

This truck used to be a Rot -song -Tell, local bus, doing a 120 km round trip a day for a lot of years, now in retiement, hauling milk churns.

RIMG0728.JPG

RIMG0730.JPG

3 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

An older LPG Mercedes. If you look closely you can see it has rear window defroster, bit silly for Thailand.

104326.jpg

I have also, on my pickup Isuzu, a rear window defroster but impossible to have warm ventilation..

It's Thailand...

On 7/20/2018 at 1:20 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

If you look closely you can see it has rear window defroster, bit silly for Thailand.

I have one on my "Toyota Soluna"  however I think I'd prefer the other accessory !

• 2 weeks later...

Archived