One dead, four injured in three-vehicle crash

snoop1130

One dead, four injured in three-vehicle crash
Winai Sarot

post-249866-0-17183000-1462795204_thumb.

PHUKET: -- One man died and four others were injured in a three-vehicle crash on the bypass road near the Samkong intersection yesterday afternoon.

The three vehicles involved in the accident were a pick-up truck, a Honda Jazz and a Toyota Vios.

“Narin Saenganan, 35, a passenger in the back of the pick-up truck, was pronounced dead on arrival at Vachira Phuket Hospital,” said Maj Santi Prakobpran of Phuket City Police.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/One-dead-four-injured-threevehicle-crash/63858?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-05-09

Seems to me a crash of lunatics and liars.pity there wasn't a farang involved then it would be a case closed.a note for all the farangs out there.....get a dash cam fitted or face the blame.

You and others really need to move on from the 'farang automatically at fault' urban myth.

I have witnessed crashes involving foreigners properly investigated in Phuket and the people involved have not had to pay the price if they were not at fault. This is not 'my mate' impressions- its what i have seen first hand and spoken to the people involved afterwards.

The key issue here is some poor unfortunate was killed due to the carelessness of others- that's where the focus should be.

Piss poor driving is an everyday normal occurrence. Either people drive too fast for the conditions, or you get the old granny syndrome where someone is so timid and afriad that they go so slow as to cause major traffic backups, then road rage as no one can get by. I know it's beating an old horse, but if there was proper policing of the roads and driving, then perhaps more people would not be involved in totally avoidable accidents. Just too many dumbasses out there with no clue about safe driving. BTW, thanks for that 100,000 baht back new car scheme which put people that not only couldn't afford the car, but had no clue as to how to drive their shiny new toy on the road.

Partial blame for this accident should be attributed to the perpetrators of the Never Ending Underpass project.

If the underpass had been complete a year ago, as contracted, traffic would be flowing through this area unimpeded.

As it is, I doubt it will be finished before 2017.

This accident occurred at a point where lanes suddenly end, or are diverted sideways without signage, or turn into continuing roadworks. Traffic congests there, and of course there are always a few who try to gain a bit of ground by flying down the half lane on the left used mainly by bikes. This seems to be what the pickup was doing.

Add to this the fact that locals regard their PU trays as extra passenger transport areas and their unsecured passengers invariably end up landing head first on something hard in a severe crash.

Australia may be the nanny state, but there were good reasons for years ago banning all passengers travelling in the back of utes.

Partial blame for this accident should be attributed to the perpetrators of the Never Ending Underpass project.

If the underpass had been complete a year ago, as contracted, traffic would be flowing through this area unimpeded.

As it is, I doubt it will be finished before 2017.

This accident occurred at a point where lanes suddenly end, or are diverted sideways without signage, or turn into continuing roadworks. Traffic congests there, and of course there are always a few who try to gain a bit of ground by flying down the half lane on the left used mainly by bikes. This seems to be what the pickup was doing.

Add to this the fact that locals regard their PU trays as extra passenger transport areas and their unsecured passengers invariably end up landing head first on something hard in a severe crash.

Australia may be the nanny state, but there were good reasons for years ago banning all passengers travelling in the back of utes.

Australia ( State of Victoria) was the first country in the world to make seat belts compulsory.

Also, rules in the last few years have made it compulsory (State of Queensland) that all dogs riding in back of Utes be restrained so that they cannot reach or fall over the sides

Edited by oldsailor35

it's a full lane, there's enough space for 2 cars side by side with a large buffer between.

The problem is people who want it to be a single lane area because they are slow and tired of people passing them, they start taking too much space and people driving left to avoid them are baited into aggressive driving.

The people turning to patong are slow as hell, every single time i pass there, i or the person in front of me has cleared the small "bump" that slows everyone down, i see 3-4 people going straight before the person turning to patong has cleared the lane.

The only problem in this area and most others, is people not realizing that there's other people on the road that have to get somewhere. You don't need to go 90kph but follow the worldwide average of 50-60(the left lane usualy hovers around 25-40kph which is decent for an area with a bump and slow people turning right and left, while the right lane that should be faster as the straight line/right turn is really wide goes about 0-20kph)

Just like coming from south to weekend market, if people in the left lane going straight actually accelerated on the green light, people would not have to cut by the right lane thus making people in the left lane stand still untill the red light because 20-30 have passed by the right. Most of the time if i pass by the right in front of one of the 10 slow cars i can chose from, i'll be close to the underpass before the slow person behind has crossed the light and thats going 55-65kph. Those person are blocking 10-20 people per red light and half of them are going to start ranging.

Scared people should stay home or get someone to drive them around, they are worse than the tailgating maniacs, they create those maniacs.

When i hear someone say "im too scared to use the underpass, id rather wait 2.5 minutes at the light" all i hear is "im a danger to other with no reflex, i drive slow and create maniacs and i should have my car taken away from me"

Edited by bearpolar

Ten to one the elements involved were one of four,! Speeding,2 Alcohol,3 cellphone messaging.4 Illegal passing.

Ur not a betting man are you? The odds should be more like 1/20 with those options.

And the latest update is that the pickup driver woz speeding. So no surprise there.

it's a full lane, there's enough space for 2 cars side by side with a large buffer between.

The problem is people who want it to be a single lane area because they are slow and tired of people passing them, they start taking too much space and people driving left to avoid them are baited into aggressive driving.

The people turning to patong are slow as hell, every single time i pass there, i or the person in front of me has cleared the small "bump" that slows everyone down, i see 3-4 people going straight before the person turning to patong has cleared the lane.

The only problem in this area and most others, is people not realizing that there's other people on the road that have to get somewhere. You don't need to go 90kph but follow the worldwide average of 50-60(the left lane usualy hovers around 25-40kph which is decent for an area with a bump and slow people turning right and left, while the right lane that should be faster as the straight line/right turn is really wide goes about 0-20kph)

Just like coming from south to weekend market, if people in the left lane going straight actually accelerated on the green light, people would not have to cut by the right lane thus making people in the left lane stand still untill the red light because 20-30 have passed by the right. Most of the time if i pass by the right in front of one of the 10 slow cars i can chose from, i'll be close to the underpass before the slow person behind has crossed the light and thats going 55-65kph. Those person are blocking 10-20 people per red light and half of them are going to start ranging.

Scared people should stay home or get someone to drive them around, they are worse than the tailgating maniacs, they create those maniacs.

When i hear someone say "im too scared to use the underpass, id rather wait 2.5 minutes at the light" all i hear is "im a danger to other with no reflex, i drive slow and create maniacs and i should have my car taken away from me"

Wow are you bored? That woz a long winded rant. ?

Wow are you bored? That woz a long winded rant. ?

my wpm is pretty high and my hatred for slow and senile/confused/scared drivers is even higher thumbsup.gif

Edited by bearpolar