A warning: lost some mail (sent from abroad and from Thailand)

Guys, do pay extra for EMS and tracking from abroad.

Something's up - after using the Thailand Post countless times, suddenly there is this spike in theft. A friend never had issues for 5 long years but now, several uninsured packages from Europe "disappeared" as well.

Can you confirm this bad trend?

Chris

My dad sent me a new credit card from the US, came today, only 10 days later, regular mail...one Global Forever stamp....little things can make a big difference....many put the Postal Code last, and they should actually put the country last...in my case, that prevents it from going to central Iowa.

A postmans curiosity makes post n parcels disappear.sent many items that got 'lost' in fact I've never received anything before.thai fingers are one of the lightest fingers in the world.when a Good Samaritan hands over something they've found it makes national news.

It might not be theft, but the usual delivery procedures of some postmen. I often saw them simply toss mail towards the door or driveway rather than take three steps to actually put the mail into a clearly defined mailbox. Any breeze then drifted mail away. Not defending mail personnel, but it could be usual carelessness and negligence rather than specific theft.

Eleven years ago I posted 14 Xmas cards to Australia.... Received O K... All returned same from Australia and I received one only....

YES! Stolen within Thailand.....Thieves thinking money inside overseas mail.... Have never used Thai mail into Thailand again.. I use net only to avoid the thieving lowlife...

If not theft it is only because they open what they think might be worth stealing, discover their mistake and then toss it away.

Hang Dong Area experiences a lot of problems in this regard.

Have you thought about using a post office box - PO Box ? There not expensive and may add a bit more security.

Like other people I have had some cards go astray but also like other people I think was how and where the postman left the mail ( I live out of town ).

EMS is a total rip-off nowadays, if you are sending a gift to someone its better to just put some money in their bank account, why should I pay 2,500 baht in post for an item that has a value of 200 baht ?

I have found that sometimes how I describe whats in the box can make a difference, example used clothes instead of clothes or Thai vegan snacks - no meat or fish etc instead of just Thai snacks.

Only had one parcel stopped in the UK which contained a pair of pyjamas ( Paul Frank logo ), for my daughter, she received a note telling her it would cost 25gbp to release them, no reason given. I can guess where they would have gone if she didn't pay or go to the airport to collect them.

I have more concern now too about someone hacking into post office files and finding out my passport details etc.

A postmans curiosity makes post n parcels disappear.sent many items that got 'lost' in fact I've never received anything before.thai fingers are one of the lightest fingers in the world.when a Good Samaritan hands over something they've found it makes national news.

BS, the Thai Post is the best performing Government Dept. Last week I had a registered parcel from Australia Defence delivered intact to my door. Never had anything go astray here in 40 years !

Indeed ^^^, it's not all doom, gloom and missing mail.

We have an excellent relationship with our postie, he happens to live in the same village and comes to our parties. He also gave Wifey some Koi which were surplus to his requirements.

If there's a big package and there's nobody home he brings it round after work on his way home rather than leaving the official card (he can't do the same with items needing a signature so he brings them back the next day).

Of course he gets a reward (beer and food).

I've just sold a property in the uk and was thinking of sending the cash over by postal service,any advice would be appreciated.

laugh.png

Translation = Don't

That's what banks are for.

Anybody who thinks their valuable mail from the west will be received intact here is delusional. Doesn't happen. You gotta believe in the tooth fairy first.

The downside of reading TV is we have to endure dumb comments from dorks like this !