Benz driver Janepop who killed students ordains into the monkhood

Stage one of the ridiculous-but-usually-effective strategy to translate a horrendous crime into a suspended sentence begins.

Thankfully it's a problem that Thais have to fix, and not mine to fix.

Som nam na for putting up with it for all these years.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Please... such a self serving display of oh.. I'm not worthy.... I give myself up to myself... I bet he did not write his bank account and website when crashing in Bkk.

At least shave his ...... and make him walk backwards..whistling.gif

Is the monkhood route a magical get out of jail card? Monkhood and envelopes seem to help keep folks out of the gray bar hotel.

makes one wonder how many monks have checkered pasts

Come on, TIT, where the monks are corrupt and into crime, not to mention their internal squabbles for the usual prizes of money and power.

He will have struck a deal, with the right people, to sway his support tobrhem for key purposes at key times.

Everything else is just for show.

No news here folks.

So many non sense post about how things are done in Thailand do not forget it has worked for them long before many of us ever came to Thailand. Why not wait until he goes to courtand then complain ifhe gets to light of a sentence

Don't they have to fill in a questionnaire that asks if any investigation by police is pending. My wife's nephew was arrested while still in his robes.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

Don't they have to fill in a questionnaire that asks if any investigation by police is pending. My wife's nephew was arrested while still in his robes.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

mmmmm but my guess is that your wife's nephew is not heir to a fortune ?

Disgusting, but East is East and West is West! We will never understand.? Hopefuly karma will catch them?

No you will never understand.

Why do you say,"disgusting"?

You are not in your culture note.

Everything happens for a reason.

'Not your country, not your business'- what a cr@p attitude. Time to drag yourself into the 21st Century.

Thai culture at its finest. Thailand is at the the stage of its development as Europe was 1000+ years ago when dispensations were granted by the Church. Perhaps, Thailand will be where the developed world is today in 750 years if it hustles…..

This sort of thing reminds me of Catholics who go to church and ask for forgiveness in the confessional - then they go out and do it again, be it murder, rape or whatever.

This is really a pathetic way to try to atone for what he did. Big whoopee he does a few days in a temple and all is forgiven? Several years hard labour would make him think more next time and it would be more appropriate IMHO.

So odd that these ordinations of those accused of a crime always seem to get media coverage. They are meant to be private initiations. Yes, we all know how and why it happens this way.

In any event, he should be under house arrest or in prison awaiting trial.

I have never seen being ordained as a monk as a private thing. Every time someone in our village becomes a monk they have a large party, food beer etc. First time I went to one I thought is was nice, but was shocked when I saw the guy 3 weeks later back home. I thought something happened but my wife said that is normal to only stay a monk a short time.

Aria Waaaaa????!!!! This is exactly whats wrong with the LOS. I remember when i was teaching and they would send some of the bad boys of to the monks and would say "Oh they are changed now, they've been to the temple". The little bastards came back worse than ever. I swear it's like it's their goal to become the biggest laughing stock of a country ever.clap2.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

............he had wanted to show his remorse.................

I wonder if he would have been so remorseful if he hadn't been caught?

You cynic. What a touching gesture from his father's PR company to invite the parents of the two people he killed to this moving event and what a sacrifice to spend a whole two weeks from his busy schedule as a monk. I wonder how this would have played out if it had been the two students ripped on booze and drugs killing the Chinese billionaires son. Would Mr Janepop's father have attended the merit making ordinations of his son's killers or would they have been in prison awaiting trial and a guaranteed nasty outcome?

This sort of thing reminds me of Catholics who go to church and ask for forgiveness in the confessional - then they go out and do it again, be it murder, rape or whatever.

This is really a pathetic way to try to atone for what he did. Big whoopee he does a few days in a temple and all is forgiven? Several years hard labour would make him think more next time and it would be more appropriate IMHO.I

If, as a Catholic you go to confession and receive absolution - it does not remove any liability in the eyes of the church, for any criminal prosecution or punishment for your acts.

If you go out and commit the sinful act again then the absolution is annulled. I don't know about Buddhism, but I would suspect the same tenets are followed.

I speak as a Catholic - practicing but not necessarily very good at it!

smile.pngsmile.png

So many non sense post about how things are done in Thailand do not forget it has worked for them long before many of us ever came to Thailand. Why not wait until he goes to courtand then complain ifhe gets to light of a sentence

The weak thinkers excuse eh? Stuff worked for the Romans, like brutal slavery coupled with debate in the Senate in the deluded belief that it was all very civilised....etc...get the point, or do I need to continue...gets tedious explaining this stuff. Yawn.

The weak thinkers excuse eh? Stuff worked for the Romans, like brutal slavery coupled with debate in the Senate in the deluded belief that it was all very civilised....etc...get the point, or do I need to continue...gets tedious explaining this stuff. Yawn.
Exactly, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Apologies.

:-(

My ex g/friends father was and probably still is the bigest moron

around, a so called oportunist, a very light fingered individual,

nothing was out of bounds, helped himself to everything, food,

car, money, he had it all, for free, a lady turned up at their house

(2 houses) away from ours one night with a group of thugs, seems

the father was bedding this lady with promises of forthcoming

money which never was paid, he cowered under the house while

his wife gave her what money she had and they went away.

A week later the family were chatting under the straw hut, swinging

in their hammocks it felt like a picnic, so i don't ask question because

if i did it means i care, and i really don't care,,,

The g/friend tells me that if the father shaved his head and went to

live in the temple for a week all would be forgiven.

And i was going to marry into this family,, Issan life is not for me.