HDMI cable from my Samsung Tablet to TV?

dagling

Do your tablet and TV support wireless "mirroring"? Actually, I've had poor results with my Surface 3 tablet and my Xperia Z3 Compact phone to my new Samsung smart TV, but other folks seem to get it to work.

dangling, you may want to consider a Chromecast for a few hundred baht more, it will work better.

How could it work better, there's no better way than wired.

Perhaps if he wanted to change a function or viewing selection without moving around or tripping over a cord?

I suppose television's are not any 'better' with a remote control but it makes them a bit more user friendly.

But, I may not be as educated as you regarding the numerous ways electronic devices transfer data. I was just giving the OP an option.

dangling, you may want to consider a Chromecast for a few hundred baht more, it will work better.

How could it work better, there's no better way than wired.

That can be true if we were talking proper HDMI to say a laptop.. But a tablet using MHL is a different option, it needs additional power supply etc. And in that case using some form of casting gets my vote.

As I only have a 10” tablet (and eyes not too good) I use a ‘proper’ HDMI cable to connect to a TV – very cheap and works perfectly – no exterior power required, just plug straight in.

However as my tablet only has a micro HDMI port I had to buy a micro male to full size HDMI female for 162 Baht.