Stop attacking tourists! Pattaya top brass and the "Care Bears" mean business

Jonathan Fairfield

As far as I am concerned they are all cute little "tukataas". They are so little and cute you can't take them serious until they pull out that 45 magnum and drops it on the ground because it's too heavy, and then it goes off because someone filed a bit on the trigger and shoots someone in the knee!

When I see these little coppers my thoughts go to that hilarious starting scene in the movie "despicable me two" where the little minions are all dressed up as medieval warriors and starts fighting in an utterly chaotic melee without direction and purpose and weapons flying here and there in all directions....

Edited by AlQaholic

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every night the same gangs of LBs are robbing and assaulting foreign tourists along the beach road. These crimes are reported to Pattaya police daily and reported on Pattaya 1 News daily, yet night after night the crimes continue.

...now everything is right in the world....

...when there is no serious jail time for robbery...robbery with a weapon...assault...assault with a weapon.....???

...self-validation....self-contentment......

...nothing else matters....

....that....and numbers......

....'Russians...expecting 1 million'.....numbers...numbers...numbers...

...'hospitality' is a foreign word......

....'violence' and 'hospital' are not.......

I am heading down to walking street tonight. I hope the current attention doesn't affect nudity levels. I hate when that happens. Especially with this heat, it would be cruel.

The ONLY time I felt unsafe on Walking Street was during a new year celebration. At midnight instead of pointing the fireworks in the air, people were firing down the street. It was crazy.

Every little piece of petty crime that happens in Pattaya gets reported. The local news are police chasers.

Yesterday's big crime report in Pattaya was a Thai shopkeeper paid 7000 baht for some goods and didn't receive them.

All petty stuff.

As long as you don't wear jewelry, you pay for your drinks, don't raise your voice, be rude to people,and don't spit on or slap anyone the Thais won't bother you. They are very nice people here in Pattaya.

Pattaya, the City of Lovemaking, is very laid back. Everyone's on holidays, the weather is balmy, people living it up. Some people having the best night of their lives. Pattaya provides that day after day, year after year.

Some people can't handle the excitement/ partying/ or their grog and they are the ones that sometimes cause a little bit of trouble. The Thais are very tolerant, up to a point, and the ones that need to be taken care of are dealt with.

It is a great city Pattaya, and safe as long as you are not an idiot.

Yes mate they need it just wondering why have they not done something about it 20 years ago and why are the police on the pay roll for every bar and some shop owners got me beat the reason I know they're on the take it's because I have got a friend who owns a bar and I they have approached him on numerous occasions but he refuses to pay then they came up with this soft approach asking him if they could borrow some money off him and he still refused so what might happen to him now I don't know this is 100% the truth so what I'm trying to say is they need to clean up the police force that's why The Corruption is rampant in Thailand sorry to say nothing is going to happen until they clean uo the police force in Thailand

Edited by Eli1

Unfortunately as you pointed out both don't go in hand, they will never get western pay as they are in Thailand.

Managing and dealing out the law is not about money what inzman said is simple and correct.

Enforce the law and prevent crime/incident taking place.

All that's really needed is a visible police presence on the beach promenade and walking street. Most attacks on the beach happen across from the soi 9 police station, yet no police walk outside. I can't figure that out. A couple cops patrolling would do wonders. It's called proactive policing. But since that's a western idea, it wont be implemented here. Thais know best.

When Thai police start getting western pay, maybe they will do it the western way.

But that "won't" happen or anytime soon, so I won't bitch how police do police business here in Thailand..

Protecting tourists would be a good start.

What's really needed is an attitude adjustment about the use of violence.

Violent crime should really be at the too of the punishment chart but light sentences encourage it.

When I pointed out to the wife that nobody tried to help the Hua Him tourists or the disabled guy she said "No, maybe they come back and kill you if you do."

That's just rampant lawlessness and the violent offenders are clearly not afraid of the consequences.

The violence against tourists might get all the publicity but a relative posted a video on FB showing 3 or 4 Thai girls head stomping another girl while some clown in a motorbike helmet walked around and looked.

The beating was bad enough, but the really disturbing thing is someone thought filming it and posting it online was no problem.

Given the location, I think it had to be an associate of these little thugs.

All that's really needed is a visible police presence on the beach promenade and walking street. Most attacks on the beach happen across from the soi 9 police station, yet no police walk outside. I can't figure that out. A couple cops patrolling would do wonders. It's called proactive policing. But since that's a western idea, it wont be implemented here. Thais know best.

They sure do ...

thailand_explosion-22.jpg?quality=65&str

love the photo just says it all

"Police patrols" do not seem to happen here. In all the known trouble spots in the UK that I know of, there are always pairs of policemen/women to be seen walking around, and often, the police woman is the most effective in diffusing any potentially violent situation, as most men are reluctant to use violence against a female. Oh, sorry, I just remembered what happened in Hua Hin to the elderly lady - cancel that! But I still agree with inzman in that a visible police presence would be a strong deterrent, and in the Hua HIn case that I just mentioned I don't think I saw one policeman in that video either before or after the attack had finished. As usual, the excuse will be that they do not have enough officers to "be everywhere at once", but there do seem to be an awful lot of police officers available when "photo opportunities" arise!

When Thai police start getting western pay, maybe they will do it the western way.

But that "won't" happen or anytime soon, so I won't bitch how police do police business here in Thailand..

If I am not mistaken. Thaksin setup the current system. Either way, they've got the power to change things if they really wanted to.

I am heading down to walking street tonight. I hope the current attention doesn't affect nudity levels. I hate when that happens. Especially with this heat, it would be cruel.

The ONLY time I felt unsafe on Walking Street was during a new year celebration. At midnight instead of pointing the fireworks in the air, people were firing down the street. It was crazy.

Every little piece of petty crime that happens in Pattaya gets reported. The local news are police chasers.

Yesterday's big crime report in Pattaya was a Thai shopkeeper paid 7000 baht for some goods and didn't receive them.

All petty stuff.

As long as you don't wear jewelry, you pay for your drinks, don't raise your voice, be rude to people,and don't spit on or slap anyone the Thais won't bother you. They are very nice people here in Pattaya.

Pattaya, the City of Lovemaking, is very laid back. Everyone's on holidays, the weather is balmy, people living it up. Some people having the best night of their lives. Pattaya provides that day after day, year after year.

Some people can't handle the excitement/ partying/ or their grog and they are the ones that sometimes cause a little bit of trouble. The Thais are very tolerant, up to a point, and the ones that need to be taken care of are dealt with.

It is a great city Pattaya, and safe as long as you are not an idiot.

Are there 2 resorts called Pattaya, because this one certainly doesn't sound like the one that I know!

"Some people having the best night of their lives. Pattaya provides that day after day, year after year."

Just to quote one headline on Google (if that's allowed!) :-

"Pattaya has been called the sex, crime & suicide capital of Asia"

Awww.....c'mon folks, we are talking about it!

Yup, talking is for happiness of Thai peoples and maybe tourists but no fundamental changes are made.

And then we will talk about it again next year. LOS nah, LOT (Land of Talk)! Same old same old, sadly sad.png

They accepted the job and the responsibility for the pay that was offered.

An *offer* and an *acceptance* is a *contract* I think.

I am constantly amazed by how people do not know how bad they have it, until an outsider tells them!

Absolutely Pathetic

Imagine any civilised country begging its citizens not to beat up the tourists or risk being shutdown ? The country would be the laughing stock just as happened here.

Better to take a tougher stance with really tough policies with 10-15 years hard labour for second offences. Life to mean life for murder. These tranny filth deserved to be caged remonstrating behaviour that vilifies and deserves a like for like scenario. They should be forced to join a club - a wooden club embedded with nails projected from the end for an all out aussault engaged by victims to beget revenge. Maybe a bit extreme but hey' aren't they?

Just saying .......

All that's needed to end these assaults is for the police to lay the appropriate charges and the courts to hand out custodial sentences. 500 Baht fines are no deterrent.

Sent from my GT-I8552

Unfortunately the courts are limited as to what they can hand out. The government needs to drastically increase the upper limits of punishment, and instruct the courts to hand out severe penalties.

I wonder if the sentence carried an automatic 5 year enrolement into the army it might help some think again. And no ladyboy exemption !

What an excellent idea. You should put it to Khun Prayuth, he just might be receptive.

They accepted the job and the responsibility for the pay that was offered.

An *offer* and an *acceptance* is a *contract* I think.

I am constantly amazed by how people do not know how bad they have it, until an outsider tells them!

If someone suggest, that Thai police, that gets paid about $5,000 U.S. a year

To do some "proactive" policing or better police work like western cops do, that makes about $48,000 the vert

Sounds like an <deleted> to me...

So, I'll stick with, stop bitching or suggesting what Thai cops should do.

They maybe doing exactly what they agreed to do... Even looking for shit before it happens!

<deleted> thinking Thailand would be better off, if they only did things this way or that way.

Go home!!! Where you love the service better than you do in Thailand.

Again.. Quit Bitching about everything in Thailand!!

Instead of allowing an "open-season" on attacking tourists...they could proclaim holidays like Songkran and others as the official attack a tourist days...

Complete immunity for those who have video of the attack...prizes for the most egregious and bloody attacks...

All holidays of the Royal Family would be off-limits for attacks...

Ever seen a policeman in Thailand on the beat?..........I've never seen one unless there's a PR video being made!

Thai cops are bone lazy...... their commanders and commissioned officers do not have much idea about crime prevention........but Teddy Bears do appear quite apt for them!

Edited by ChrisY1

All that's needed to end these assaults is for the police to lay the appropriate charges and the courts to hand out custodial sentences. 500 Baht fines are no deterrent.

Sent from my GT-I8552

Unfortunately the courts are limited as to what they can hand out. The government needs to drastically increase the upper limits of punishment, and instruct the courts to hand out severe penalties.

Understood. But that doesn't stop them from extracting very large amounts of Baht from those caught DUI. A standard sentencing guideline would get rid of these shenanigans.