Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Dull as dishwater. What a game! That was Fabregas's best game this season.Not only was his passing impeccable but he was actually getting his foot in. Before the game, I liked the defensive midfield pairing of Matic and Mikel but, as the game wore on, they were both pushing forward too much leaving Zouma and Terry exposed. Even at 0-2 down, I thought we didn't deserve to be and were playing well. Our closing down of the opposing player was also much better than against West Brom. Terry's goal was offside but that made up for the stonewall penalty that Costa didn't get when he was shoved in the back. Costa was very good on the day, Terry and Zouma kept Lukaku fairly quiet, Azpilicueta was solid while Willian had another good game. Pedro still gets caught in possession too much. He's getting to look like a mirror image of Cuadrado, showing too much of the ball to the defender and getting robbed. Ivanovic trundled up and down the line like a hippopotamus and was static when Everton got their third goal. If Baba Rachman isn't the answer then we MUST get a proper full back in pronto.

• Like 2

Evenstevens, you're an Aussie aren't you. This Anthony Caceres that City are looking to buy, is he any good, worth a place in a Premier team?

Not much point asking ES about a promising Aussie player, he has enougyh trouble keeping up with Chelsea's comings and goings.

Anthony Caceres is a promising 23 years old midfielder that was sold to Manchester City for 144,000 quid and immediatly loaned outto the Melbourne City who are under the Man City umbrella. He has been playing for a couple of seasons with Central Coast Mariners a team based just north of Sydney who are struggling in last place and are on the financial brink.Probably the reason he was sold.He has never represented at national level.

An ex team mate of mine, and season ticket holder for the Mariners, said he is quite talented but way off Premier League standard.

Lots of Aussie talent coming through Mat Ryan our Socceroos keeper is getting rave reviews at Valencia.He had big boots to fill replacing Mark Schwartzer andquite a few other players plying their trade throughout other compeitions.Many scouts at all the A League games as the round ball code is really on a roll inOz ,one of,if not the fastest growing sport in the country

Despite conceding 3 goals in that 2nd ......Terry had a good second half and actually backed himself in the challenge,which he has not done for some time,he played in a truly positive way........Ivanovich or Hippo which seems very apt,was in someway at fault for all 3 goals imho........never repeat never defending where he should have been.........always seen to be in the middle of box instead of defending his position at Right back. I didn,t recognize Matic yesterday, he was not at his best and seems totally out of sorts. Why Huddink doesn,t start Kennedy or Loftus- Cheek is beyond me. Agree Og about Fabreghast....he was excellent.

• Like 2

just another ordinary performance in my books last ,6 matchs no defeat,but 4 drawssad.png , but gladly take a draw against the pop gunners next week biggrin.png

hows the no volitude scouser who came on our thread baiting me???another motor mouth klopp performance,c/sea got a chance to catch themsmile.png

a top of a morning to all my readers on the footy forumbiggrin.png

• Like 1

just another ordinary performance in my books last ,6 matchs no defeat,but 4 drawssad.png , but gladly take a draw against the pop gunners next week biggrin.png

hows the no volitude scouser who came on our thread baiting me???another motor mouth klopp performance,c/sea got a chance to catch themsmile.png

At least the team are playing some football and showing a bit of desire E/S.

As it stands, with everybody fit and firing, I think we are a top 8 team and, with the lack of effort by most of them in the first half of the season, there will be no excuses for running out of gas in the second half and not achieving that sort of position. Next season will be really interesting for a couple of reasons. Who will be the new coach and will he attract the sort of talent from elsewhere, who will be willing to join a club which might be playing in the Europa League? And that's a big might. Plus, what about people like Willian and Hazard? Will he be the sort of character to convince them to stay? Mind you, that could all be swept aside if we win the Champions League this year!!

• Like 1

, I th Mind you, that could all be swept aside if we win the Champions League this year

champions league thats more like it O/G . got a nice buzz to it, gus got us to the s/f against barca where the ref rob us blind

Not all of us have time to sit around fingering ourselves on the internet all day e/s wink.png

bangcrap bob, ,overwhelmed that you have removed the ignore function on me, , not in the footy forum clique anymore??

besides E/S knows that they are still taking a peep, cheesy.gif just can.t resist my posts, god bless themsmile.png

, I th Mind you, that could all be swept aside if we win the Champions League this year

champions league thats more like it O/G . got a nice buzz to it, gus got us to the s/f against barca where the ref rob us blind

Not all of us have time to sit around fingering ourselves on the internet all day e/s wink.png

bangcrap bob, ,overwhelmed that you have removed the ignore function on me, , not in the footy forum clique anymore??

besides E/S knows that they are still taking a peep, cheesy.gif just can.t resist my posts, god bless themsmile.png

Fella, there's that many put you on ignore you've forgotten who they are. I am not one of them.

Still eating away at you not being accepted in to the gang you've been striving to get in to for 50 years, chin up fella I'm sure your finding plenty of love in Thailand emot-kiss.gif

It looks like we are going to sign Pato from Corinthians, latterly on loan to Sao Paulo. Apparently, personal terms have been agreed but the transfer fee is a sticking point. At 26 years old, he's still young enough to make an impact but he's had his fair share of injuries. If he's a replacement for Falcao, who's been unnaturally unlucky with setbacks, then it's not a bad move. With enough Brazilians at the club to form a small country, he'll feel at home although how he will react to playing in the freezing cold and driving snow is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

Looks like Pedro will be off back to Spain. Good debut at WBA, not a lot since. Homesick? Pato has been touted around for ages with no takers. Another Torres? Best days behind him?

Could be. There's some good young strikers at the club already that would make decent impact substitutes. However, I wouldn't mind betting that Abramovich has instructed Hiddink to get us out of the mire using the tried and trusted (up to the end of last season at least!), plus a few experienced additions. They won us the Premier League so they can get their hands dirty by grafting for mid table mediocrity.

• Like 1

I saw the news about Ivanovich on Twitter last night. Contract extension????? What do they see that the fans aren't seeing?

Not sure how much truth in it but an article mentioned that he was previously on £65k/week and his new contract is £120k/week. I'm not sure I believe that at all. Surely the club is not that daft?

Letting in 3 goals at home against Everton showed how poor we are at the back. I know Everton have been playing well but still we just cant defend. Terry own goal was entirely his own fault, he could get himself set and played it against him self. Lukaku just strolling through the defence without a challenge although to be fair he was kept pretty quiet.

Ivanovich eh?? What is all that about??

• Like 1

I saw the news about Ivanovich on Twitter last night. Contract extension????? What do they see that the fans aren't seeing?

Not sure how much truth in it but an article mentioned that he was previously on £65k/week and his new contract is £120k/week. I'm not sure I believe that at all. Surely the club is not that daft?

Letting in 3 goals at home against Everton showed how poor we are at the back. I know Everton have been playing well but still we just cant defend. Terry own goal was entirely his own fault, he could get himself set and played it against him self. Lukaku just strolling through the defence without a challenge although to be fair he was kept pretty quiet.

Words fail me Trip. It can't be for cover for the centre backs because we've got that with Cahill. Unless Cahill is on his way. That wouldn't surprise me as he shouldn't be warming the bench as much as he does. He would walk into any other Premier League team and be a permanent fixture there.

• Like 1

Words fail me Trip. It can't be for cover for the centre backs because we've got that with Cahill. Unless Cahill is on his way. That wouldn't surprise me as he shouldn't be warming the bench as much as he does. He would walk into any other Premier League team and be a permanent fixture there.

I don't mean to split hairs but Cahill would be on our bench too, as good a player as i think he is.

Unless Cahill is on his way. That wouldn't surprise me as he shouldn't be warming the bench as much as he does. He would walk into any other Premier League team and be a permanent fixture there.

I don't mean to split hairs but Cahill would be on our bench too, as good a player as i think he is.

splitting hairs????, sure u were, that goose on the loose,who clearly stated that chelsea would win the 2015.2016 EPL by a whopping margin of 10 points, .at best u are a fair weather freind

on this footy forum, get a new gig cobber

agreed O/G cahill is in the top draw of c/b.s, in the EPL and should be first choice for c/sea,with young zouma, and J.T taking up a covering role at best

a enchanted evening to all my adoring fans on the footy forumsmile.png

• Like 1

And your definition of volitude is ?