Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Phew! That first half hour was purgatory. No cohesion, no vigour and booting the ball anywhere as long as it was away from our penalty area. Costa and Smalling were like Siamese twins joined at the hip. He didn't have the pace or the knowhow to get rid of the bloke. I couldn't work out if Oscar was giving the ball away on purpose or was he just toilet. Matic removed instead of Mikel had me bemused.

With the introduction of Hazard, we improved after that and scrambled a draw against an ordinary United side. That means that, as a unit, that team that participated last night are nowhere near good enough to challenge for Premier League next season. As soon as Hiddink gets it out of his head that we are in a relegation scrap, I'd want him starting Kenedy, Traore, Rahman and Loftus- Cheek in games. We desperately need some pace in our game to compliment the guile of Fabregas, who's playing out of his skin at the moment. And when the loanees return next season, don't stick them away in a cupboard somewhere but give youngsters like Nathan Ake the incentive to cement their place in the starting line up.

• Like 1

I've just had a look at oddschecker.com to see what the prices are for the next permanent Chelsea manager. All the main high street bookmakers have swerved around this particular market in case they get stung, but Betfair have the following odds available:

Hiddink....1/33. (Already weighed in, so it seems).

Allegri......45/1. (Distancing himself lately).

Conte......47/1. (His contract as the Italy coach expires after the Euros. A lively outsider).

Brendan Rodgers....56/1 (And is entitled to be that price).

Simeone......113/1 (A drifter but still worth putting on a few quid).

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Ronald Koeman...949/1. Who reportedly asked Hiddink to "put in a good word for him for the Chelsea job". At those odds and if I was Hiddink, I would pile in THEN praise him to the hilt to the Chelsea board. Saying that, he's a capable manager.

Vincenzo Montella...949/1 who I think is still manager of Sampdoria.

Simeone for me BB. I like to see the passion of the manager rub off on the players. Which has certainly been lacking recently, however I did love the Costa JT moment chest banging together after the equaliser against the manure.

Definitely not horizontal Pellegrini thanks.

I've just had a look at oddschecker.com to see what the prices are for the next permanent Chelsea manager. All the main high street bookmakers have swerved around this particular market in case they get stung, but Betfair have the following odds available:

Conte......47/1. (His contract as the Italy coach expires after the Euros. A lively outsider).

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Ronald Koeman...949/1. Who reportedly asked Hiddink to "put in a good word for him for the Chelsea job". At those odds and if I was Hiddink, I would pile in THEN praise him to the hilt to the Chelsea board. Saying that, he's a capable manager.

Its' worth spreading a couple hundred quid over a few of those thumbsup.gif

Simeone for me BB. I like to see the passion of the manager rub off on the players. Which has certainly been lacking recently, however I did love the Costa JT moment chest banging together after the equaliser against the manure.

Definitely not horizontal Pellegrini thanks.

Yes the Costa/Terry thing was incredibly effeminate wasn't it. All it needed was Costa wearing his mittens and Terry , well, to be honest, just being the colossal bellend he is. gigglem.gif

BTW, think Allegri would be a good choice but i couldn't see him leaving Turin for Stamford Bridge unless you pay him a kings ransom.

Edited by carmine

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Yes, plenty of value there Bob and it's not uncommon for an outsider to come out of the woodwork. However, Abramovich's track record of managerial appointments points towards the tried and trusted. Villas Boas was a gamble and a total failure while De Matteo, although winning the Champions League, gave Roman palpitations and was sent packing.

• Like 1

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Yes, plenty of value there Bob and it's not uncommon for an outsider to come out of the woodwork. However, Abramovich's track record of managerial appointments points towards the tried and trusted. Villas Boas was a gamble and a total failure while De Matteo, although winning the Champions League, gave Roman palpitations and was sent packing.

I'd go with one of the Italians with an edge to Conte.

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Blaady disappointing that Blind Gus is odds on Og...........of the above i.ll widen my short-list of 2 (Simeone and Pooch) to include Deschamps at a push.

• Like 1

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Conte's strengthened to 24-1 while Simeone has drifted to 189-1 and Pochettino is at 474-1. A couple of other candidates at fancy prices are:

Joachim Low.......949-1.

Quique Sanchez Flores......949-1 who's adapted himself very well in the Premier League but comes across as too nice for our squad of egos.

Leonid Viktorovich Slutsky....949-1. Yeah, I thought it was a wind up as well, although I suspect that football encyclopaedias like Stevie H probably know what he has for breakfast. How can anyone fail with a name like that? He's the present Russian coach with a win percentage of 83.3% and a contract that ceases after the Euros.

• Like 2

Against the worst team in the league...well done!

No this could be interesting mate because Chelsea are setting themselves up nicely with their current form to be the big spoilers in the race for the title. They really can affect who wins it.

No this could be interesting mate because Chelsea are setting themselves up nicely with their current form to be the big spoilers in the race for the title. They really can affect who wins it.

We are not spoiling anything ..........Leicester will have won the title long before they play us. Only one tricky game for them in there next 6 fixtures with no other distractions Watford away imho.

• Like 1

We are not spoiling anything ..........Leicester will have won the title long before they play us. Only one tricky game for them in there next 6 fixtures with no other distractions Watford away imho.

what a load of cobblers. laugh.png

You'd think the chavs would get the concept of "no easy games any more". :P

Pellegrini......113/1.

Then come the real rags.

Deschamps...949/1

Drogba..........949/1

Frank De Boer....949/1.

Conte's strengthened to 24-1 while Simeone has drifted to 189-1 and Pochettino is at 474-1. A couple of other candidates at fancy prices are:

Joachim Low.......949-1.

Quique Sanchez Flores......949-1 who's adapted himself very well in the Premier League but comes across as too nice for our squad of egos.

Leonid Viktorovich Slutsky....949-1. Yeah, I thought it was a wind up as well, although I suspect that football encyclopaedias like Stevie H probably know what he has for breakfast. How can anyone fail with a name like that? He's the present Russian coach with a win percentage of 83.3% and a contract that ceases after the Euros.

Mate, I have no idea where you have got those prices from, but they are off the chart.

The odds for next permanent Chelsea manager

Conte is best price 8/11

Allegri 11/8

Pellegrini 14/1

Hiddink 14/1

Simeone 20/1

Those are odds for next permanent manager on first day of next season

• Like 1

make up your thuccking mind smokie boy