Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Ancellotti signed him but,for no obvious reason to me as I liked him when he arrived,he didn't get much first team action. He was then sent to Benfica as part of the deal to buy Luiz. He's exactly what we need. Strong,skilful (two footed),quite quick and a good tackler,he's really a replacement for Van Ginkel who's out with a long term injury. Unfortunately,it's also further evidence that the De Bruyne deal to Wolfsburg is decided.

Lampard will have his work cut out to get back in the team now and Ramires should be looking over his shoulder as well.

Chelsea in contact regarding Zouma. Maybe this is Luiz's exit........I hope not.

Fellow blues, that would means we would have Terry, Zouma, Cahill and Luiz as CB's, plus Ivan as a part timer. Is this the perfect number or is someone heading for the exit? If someone is going out, who do you want it to be?

Chelsea in contact regarding Zouma. Maybe this is Luiz's exit........I hope not.

Fellow blues, that would means we would have Terry, Zouma, Cahill and Luiz as CB's, plus Ivan as a part timer. Is this the perfect number or is someone heading for the exit? If someone is going out, who do you want it to be?

With another 20+ games to go and lots to play for..i don,t want to see anyone leave from this current squad,cos i think we will need em all.

Players who won,t be here at the start of the next season is a different matter,and there could be quite a few of em.....Terry Cole Lampard Essien Mikel Luiz Mata and Schurrle(if he doesn,t up his game).

Jose has got a massive job to do,and he knows it,and so do the players .Hopefully this time around there will be no untouchables

I have seen nearly every game live, bar 2 or 3 this season, but there is one person who i haven,t seen...........Abramovich.................letting Jose get on with it..........and i think its workingthumbsup.gif

Funny old game......playing shit yet 2 nil up facepalm.gifapart fro Willian and.............. Eto right place right time.

Mourinho knew what he was doing when he snatched Willian from the jaws of Spurs.

A lot to pay back, but he is well on the way to representing value for money.

I know it is just rumours, but why would we sell Mata to Utd to get Rodney if Utd are going to buy Cavani? Surely selling Mata and buying Cavani is the better option, no?

Also, reading rumours about Etoo wanting to sign for Real Mallorca in the summer. If so, I guess JM needs to start weighing up his strike force options. I presume you mean Rooney, who JM has seemed keen on for a while. He could go for Cavani, though Man U are still a big draw worldwide and if they really do have 150 Mil to spend Cavani might fancy them. I suppose there's the question of Lukaku sooner or later, what are your thoughts on him?

Funny old game......playing shit yet 2 nil up facepalm.gifapart fro Willian and.............. Eto right place right time.

Mourinho knew what he was doing when he snatched Willian from the jaws of Spurs.

A lot to pay back, but he is well on the way to representing value for money.

Yeah..smart bit of business that,the lad gets better and better with every game. As for Lukaku...at this moment intime,not quite good enough. The only way Rooney will end up at the bridge. (in this transfer window) is if he puts in a transfer request.

I know it is just rumours, but why would we sell Mata to Utd to get Rodney if Utd are going to buy Cavani? Surely selling Mata and buying Cavani is the better option, no?

Also, reading rumours about Etoo wanting to sign for Real Mallorca in the summer. If so, I guess JM needs to start weighing up his strike force options. I presume you mean Rooney, who JM has seemed keen on for a while. He could go for Cavani, though Man U are still a big draw worldwide and if they really do have 150 Mil to spend Cavani might fancy them. I suppose there's the question of Lukaku sooner or later, what are your thoughts on him?

Lukaku is still very young, 20 I think, and is probably one of the best 20 year old strikers around. However every time I have seen him play (not a massive amount) he looks lazy to me and we know how much Jose favours workhorses. In time he may be ready, but with Chelsea playing with a lone striker, he is not good enough. As crazy as this sounds, if Lukaku can get Torres's (yes, I know!) work ethic he will be a perfect student for Jose to develop.

At WBA he was playing for a team that opponents would attack, so he had space and the same goes for Everton at the start of the year. Now Everton are one of the best teams in the league and are not given so much space, Lukaku's goals are drying up - 1 in 6 I think. The situation regarding space and time on the ball would be worse at Chelsea.

Lukaku is still very young, 20 I think, and is probably one of the best 20 year old strikers around. However every time I have seen him play (not a massive amount) he looks lazy to me and we know how much Jose favours workhorses. In time he may be ready, but with Chelsea playing with a lone striker, he is not good enough. As crazy as this sounds, if Lukaku can get Torres's (yes, I know!) work ethic he will be a perfect student for Jose to develop.

At WBA he was playing for a team that opponents would attack, so he had space and the same goes for Everton at the start of the year. Now Everton are one of the best teams in the league and are not given so much space, Lukaku's goals are drying up - 1 in 6 I think. The situation regarding space and time on the ball would be worse at Chelsea.

I tend to agree with you on Lukaku and his age is probably something I overlook at times as he looks so much older. He's big, strong and possesses all the qualities for the future. At least Chelsea have put him out to loan in order to gain experience, which he will never get just sitting on the bench and coming on for a few minutes now and then. I understand what you are saying about his games at Everton, but he's also a 'presence' which takes one or two defenders with him when they are attacking and I think this has enabled other Everton players a bit more freedom. Personally, I don't understand Mourinho's desire to sign Rooney, very much in the same way I don't understand his apparent dislike of Mata who is a very good player, but hey that's Jose and it wouldn't be such a big surprise if he bought someone in who we're not even thinking of.

Mourinho certainly prefers Oscar to Mata which is probably down to Oscars ability to track back more. Mata is still a fantastic player but he has had his chances this year, he has started 11 epl games this season. Still he has no goals to show for it and only 2 assists. It will be a shame if he is sold, but a £30-£40m bench warmer is a massive luxury. Maybe as we get to the business end of the season when games stack up he will be able to assert his authority in the team.

I'm with you on the Rodney transfer, I don't want him. Wages are too high for his age as I don't think he is a striker that has many years left in him. Cavani or even Costa would be my preferences.

Edited by mjj

Mourinho certainly prefers Oscar to Mata which is probably down to Oscars ability to track back more. Mata is still a fantastic player but he has had his chances this year, he has started 11 epl games this season. Still he has no goals to show for it and only 2 assists. It will be a shame if he is sold, but a £30-£40m bench warmer is a massive luxury. Maybe as we get to the business end of the season when games stack up he will be able to assert his authority in the team.

I'm with you on the Rodney transfer, I don't want him. Wages are too high for his age as I don't think he is a striker that has many years left in him. Cavani or even Costa would be my preferences.

Not good for the club and certainly not good for his morale.

I think it's a case of Willian or Mata in direct competition for a place in the team. Both create moves and see a pass better than Oscar. Willian has the upper hand because he's quicker than Mata and,therefore,is able to track back better. Mata is too good a player to be second fiddle to someone else. Up to now,he hasn't got involved in any tantrums,because he's not in the starting line up,which is testament to the character of the man. I would hate to see him leave because,if something happens to Willian,he's a ready made replacement.

I think it's a case of Willian or Mata in direct competition for a place in the team. Both create moves and see a pass better than Oscar. Willian has the upper hand because he's quicker than Mata and,therefore,is able to track back better. Mata is too good a player to be second fiddle to someone else. Up to now,he hasn't got involved in any tantrums,because he's not in the starting line up,which is testament to the character of the man. I would hate to see him leave because,if something happens to Willian,he's a ready made replacement.

I like Willian very much, he's settled in really quick and I think he's going to become one of the PL stars. The fee Chelsea paid for him might well prove to be a very sound investment indeed, smart buy by Jose. From Mata's point of view, to be Chelsea's player of the year twice and now seemingly relegated to the bench for long spells, I think he might very well welcome a move. Man U would seem to be a likely option if they're interested, especially as they aren't going to threaten Chelsea this season. I wonder how likely a Rooney / Mata swap cash deal is? I'm very interested to see what Chelsea are going to do regarding Ashley Cole and it really wouldn't surprise me if they made an offer for Luke Shaw as a long term replacement sooner rather than later, before (to prevent) someone else comes in for him..

Edited by uptheos

The headache with Mata is that he likes to play in the middle of the attacking trio and that spot is Oscars. Mata isn't so influential on the wings as Willian or Hazard, so he becomes a bit redundant. Maybe with the introduction of Matic to bolster our DM the pressure of tracking back is reduced. Personally I would like Mata to play more and I think his talents are perfect when we play teams that just want a nil nil. His intricate passing in and around the box has been magnificent in the previous couple of years as shown by his assist record, not to mention his goal scoring tally.

I would like Shaw to be a Chelsea player to replace Cole, but £25-£30m is obscene. Cole has been fantastic for us, but age has caught up with him. We look far better with Dave on the left. TBH, Ivanovic hasn't been that great for a while so if Shaw did come to fill in on the left, hopefully Dave would retain his right hand position.

And just to make things clear, MATA RODNEY SWAP IS NOT ON..................pleeeeeeeeease.

• Like 1

The headache with Mata is that he likes to play in the middle of the attacking trio and that spot is Oscars. Mata isn't so influential on the wings as Willian or Hazard, so he becomes a bit redundant. Maybe with the introduction of Matic to bolster our DM the pressure of tracking back is reduced. Personally I would like Mata to play more and I think his talents are perfect when we play teams that just want a nil nil. His intricate passing in and around the box has been magnificent in the previous couple of years as shown by his assist record, not to mention his goal scoring tally.

I would like Shaw to be a Chelsea player to replace Cole, but £25-£30m is obscene. Cole has been fantastic for us, but age has caught up with him. We look far better with Dave on the left. TBH, Ivanovic hasn't been that great for a while so if Shaw did come to fill in on the left, hopefully Dave would retain his right hand position.

And just to make things clear, MATA RODNEY SWAP IS NOT ON..................pleeeeeeeeease.

I agree, but he's a talent who is already doing it against the best in the PL and doing it well. Some players cost that amount and can't even get a game because they need time to adapt. I think this is what drives his price up and being so young someone could get a lot of service out of him.

I'm betting both Jose and David wouldn't be against a possible swap deal, though it probably won't happen.