Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

That was hard work...............and in the end,the hard work and constant attacking paid off........but only just.Phewwwwwwwwwwww

Presumably you are talking about the second half because i only watched the first and Everton were looking entirely happy and every bit as good as you. That was always going to be a tough game! Thought they deserved a draw against Spurs too for that matter.

Tough game, with comedy factor about the goal. First it was Terry's, then Lampard's, then Howard's, then back to Terry.

Carmine, Everton were probably better than us in the first half. It was a very even game, but towards the end Chelsea were pushing all the way. Hard fought win and no doubt Everton will feel disappointed.

That was hard work...............and in the end,the hard work and constant attacking paid off........but only just.Phewwwwwwwwwwww

Everton were superb in the first half and deserved a goal....played great defensively for the second half and were undone by Terry in the closing minutes.....shame that.

Once more it demonstrated the folly of giving away stupid free kicks.

If you open both your eyes you'd see it wasn't anything other than a lucky win

Shots, 25 v 8

On target 8 v 2

Hardly a lucky win, apart from the timing of the goal. You really need to start buying your grapes from a better shop.

Shots, 25 v 8

On target 8 v 2

Hardly a lucky win, apart from the timing of the goal. You really need to start buying your grapes from a better shop.

8 shots on target at home is shithaus in my opinion, you only started playing a bit of decent football at the end and a got a lucky goal in injury time. Hardly a deserved victory. You really need to try my plums.

City and Arsenal only had 7 and 9 shots on target. So 8 from a rather disappointing display ain't so bad.

City sounded like it was a similarly ordinary display, surprised at the Arsenal stat though, clinical finishing. Anyway 3 points are 3 points, no one will give a toss come May

City and Arsenal only had 7 and 9 shots on target. So 8 from a rather disappointing display ain't so bad.

City sounded like it was a similarly ordinary display, surprised at the Arsenal stat though, clinical finishing. Anyway 3 points are 3 points, no one will give a toss come May

In fairness Sunderland could have planted 11 shrubs in the penalty area and they probably would have defended better.

We are hanging on by our fingertips judging by that performance. The first half was lamentable and it was a good job that the excellent Willian was working hard, while Hazard and Oscar were walking around with their hands in their pockets,because we would have been overrun in midfield. Mourinho was completely justified in pulling off Oscar at half time. At least Ramires offered more dynamism in the second half and it was noticable that our pressing of the opposition,when they had the ball, was 100% better. Why you have to lay into these people at half time to remind them of their priorities,I'm f**ked if I know.

Terry and Cahill were very solid but this notion that we are able to score goals from all over the pitch, even though our main strikers' contribution are paltry is wearing a bit thin with me because,as good as Hazard is,he was woeful against Albion and wasn't much better here. Ofcourse, he's young and will have off days but it is foolhardy to think he will come up with a regular supply of goals.

• Like 1

Shots, 25 v 8

On target 8 v 2

I agree you edged it based on getting shots in....good effort by Everton though!

reading about Chelsea wanting to sign Sturridge back, heard anything lads? whistling.gif

I can't see it. Sturridge doesn't seem to have fond memories from Chelsea. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome him back with open arms.

How good is Sturridge now compared to Suarez? Looking at the results lately, he is scoring more than Saurez. Is this due to him playing fantastic or is it because Saurez is getting marked out of the game giving Sturridge more space?

reading about Chelsea wanting to sign Sturridge back, heard anything lads? whistling.gif

I can't see it. Sturridge doesn't seem to have fond memories from Chelsea. That's not to say I wouldn't welcome him back with open arms.

How good is Sturridge now compared to Suarez? Looking at the results lately, he is scoring more than Saurez. Is this due to him playing fantastic or is it because Saurez is getting marked out of the game giving Sturridge more space?

Suarez draws opposition players wherever he is. This allows Sturridge more space, but theres no way a player like Suarez is being marked out of a game. He's just doing part of his job and its part and parcel of why they are playing so well together this season.

Did i ever tell you Suarez should have been playing in a Tottenham shirt but scrotum face Redknapp didn't think he'd fit in. Ofcourse he could have just built the whole frigging team around him!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Violence in Turkey. At least 2 Chelsea fans have been stabbed in the build up to the game. Stupid, stupid behaviour.

I wonder if Chelsea are going to complete the set of English failures in the CL? We should win, but the epl teams are getting a bit of a beating in the opening rounds.

I think journos are just looking to stir the pot with that story.

Suarez scoring less lately more so to due to the fact he has been playing a wider role since the Arsenal match.

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

suarez is actually being incredibly selfless. he's playing the wider and deeper roles to let sturridge play up top through the middle. so suarez isn't getting marked out of the game, it's just that teams set up their defence with him as their chief worry - then when he moves wide or deeper, it just pulls them out of shape and sturridge and sterling get to bomb into the spaces.

that said, think sturridge's form this season is about as good as any striker anywhere in europe. he's been fantastic and is still only 24.

• Like 1

One of the judges on the Premier League Football Show did say that "Chelsea would make a massive bid for Suarez in the summer transfer window". As we have a history of binning classy young players before they've shown their potential,I would like to see Lukaku and Schurrle given a crack at the striker's role. They can't do any worse than what we have now. These young lads need the confidence from Mourinho to be given a run in the team. If they don't get that,they'll never see the light of day.

agree with you oldgit, but if abramovich wants to lash £50m on falcao this summer that's what will happen isn't it?

He will because that's 'petty cash' for him,Stevie. But it needs Mourinho to open his eyes to the scoring potential of some of the other players in his squad now, because we are in dire need of goals up front. Chelsea are making the same mistake we made with Sturridge. Playing Schurrle out wide is NOT where he wants to and should be playing.

agree with you oldgit, but if abramovich wants to lash £50m on falcao this summer that's what will happen isn't it?

He will because that's 'petty cash' for him,Stevie. But it needs Mourinho to open his eyes to the scoring potential of some of the other players in his squad now, because we are in dire need of goals up front. Chelsea are making the same mistake we made with Sturridge. Playing Schurrle out wide is NOT where he wants to and should be playing.

playing a genuine physical presence up there like lukaku with the three of hazard, willian and oscar buzzing off him would make sense to me. but mourinho seems to be more cautious and pragmatic than ever these days.

Well up to Schurrle to make the most of his start tonight................ive seen nothing from him in months........maybe he doesn,t like being played out wide but you have to take your opportunity when it comes. Big test for Dave at left back tonight imho.

Well up to Schurrle to make the most of his start tonight................ive seen nothing from him in months........maybe he doesn,t like being played out wide but you have to take your opportunity when it comes. Big test for Dave at left back tonight imho.

I agree to a certain extent,Keith but I've seen flashes of his predatory instincts around the goal and that hat trick he scored for Germany,a few months back, was different tackle. He just needs a few games on the trot,I reckon.