Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Lampard will struggle against the top dogs.

Not sure how Mourinho will use him when we race next season.

Same for JT.

New breed coming I reckon.

Same for JT??? Dunno what games you've been watching........

Not sure how Mourinho will use JT next season.

Any ideas mjj.?

JT has been as good as any CB this year and fully deserves to be a starter.

Personally, I think Mourinho will try to keep Lampard, JT, Cech and Ivan for as long as possible, so long as it isn't too detrimental to the team.

In other words you want STABILITY ? biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

Lampard will struggle against the top dogs.

Not sure how Mourinho will use him when we race next season.

Same for JT.

New breed coming I reckon.

Same for JT??? Dunno what games you've been watching........

Not sure how Mourinho will use JT next season.

Any ideas mjj.?

JT has been as good as any CB this year and fully deserves to be a starter.

Personally, I think Mourinho will try to keep Lampard, JT, Cech and Ivan for as long as possible, so long as it isn't too detrimental to the team.

In other words you want STABILITY ? biggrin.png

BT coffee1.gif

No. Above is what I think Jose will do, not what I want.

JT is a starter. Cech is a starter, although the Courtois situation is a difficult one. Lampard is a chelsea hero, but without sentiment he wouldn't start. Ivan is an excellent fall back guy that can play as either CB or RB, but his crossing and shooting can be wayward to say the least.

Next year I would like Chelsea to add Shaw to the back line and someone like Costa to lead the attack.

In midfield we are over subscribed, so players can be sold. Maybe Mikel and or Ramires.

Who wouldn't want Costa and Shaw! Do you actually need Shaw though?

I heard talk of a 31m euro price tag on Costa but would have thought that was an unrealistic valuation. You'd have to pay a lot more, especially if he continues to impress in La Liga and the CL. Falcao's valuation was something around 60m and when he wakes up and realizes that playing in front of 5000 every other week is selling himself short he might well be open to talks.

Falcao to me is a no-no. A huge price tag with an injury that may effect his performance. Is has a massive banana skin factor.

A back line of Dave, Cahill, JT and Shaw would be great with Ivan as cover for 3 of the positions, Dave's ability for 2 positions and Luiz if need be. Shaw obviously has the draw of being homegrown.

We need another striker to give us options. If we start with Costa, Lukaku and Eto next season we will be in good health.

To raise funds, the sale of Torres (6p), Mikel, Ramires, Ba, Moses and Marin should get a few quid.

Edited by mjj
  • Like 1

Falcao to me is a no-no. A huge price tag with an injury that may effect his performance. Is has a massive banana skin factor.

A back line of Dave, Cahill, JT and Shaw would be great with Ivan as cover for 3 of the positions, Dave's ability for 2 positions and Luiz if need be. Shaw obviously has the draw of being homegrown.

We need another striker to give us options. If we start with Costa, Lukaku and Eto next season we will be in good health.

To raise funds, the sale of Torres (6p), Mikel, Ramires, Ba, Moses and Marin should get a few quid.

Just my opinion.....I doubt if Lukaku will be a Chelsea player.

But, if he is, I think he needs to be played......not loaned out again.

Is Shaw too young for Mourinho?

What's your valuation on Torres, Ba, Lukaku and Ramires?

I'd bet Costa is the main target, which isn't a surprise. The prototypical Mourinho striker, an in the box, big motor street fighter. I hope it doesn't happen, but I wouldn't bet against it.sad.png

Yes, i'd say without a doubt.

• Like 1

Torres £10-£12m

Ba £7m

Lukaku £25+m. That is based more on potential than current ability.

Ramires £15m

Torres £10-£12m

Ba £7m

Ramires £15m

a clearly finished 30 year old torres is going to go for £10m+? reckon chelsea will be lucky to get five.

Torres £10-£12m

Ba £7m

Ramires £15m

a clearly finished 30 year old torres is going to go for £10m+? reckon chelsea will be lucky to get five.

25+ Lukaku would be a stretch, likewise 15 for Ramires

true. and i really wouldn't be surprised to see you win it from this point.

Thanks Stevie.

Happy for the deal I struck with Bob to work out.

Lovely Jubbly.

But tbh and sober.

I think next season we have more chance.

But why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Very tense this run in to the end of the season.

facepalm.gif

Lukaku will get his big chance on the World stage...even more so with Benteke out........so if he pulls it off against some of the best defenders in the world...who nose Jose might keep him or sell him and make a nice profit. ..................and if he bombs out its win win for Jose (not good enough for Chelsea)

• Like 1

Torres £10-£12m

Ba £7m

Ramires £15m

25+ Lukaku would be a stretch, likewise 15 for Ramires

Ramires is more capped than Fernandinho and he went for £28m, if anything I think I undervalued Ramires. Torres, yeah, probably over priced. If Lukaku went for anything under £25m I would be gutted. Is there a better 20 year old striker?

Marin can also go for a packet of crisps, Romeo can go for the pickled egg and Moses for the pint of ale.

• Like 1

When is van Ginkel coming back and where does he fit?

Current Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho, holds the youngster in high regard and has likened him to England greats Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrard. He has described Van Ginkel as an engine with immense physical power. As with several others, Jose is quick to point out his overall game, “He covers a fantastic area of the field defensively and after that he has this instinct where he wants to go into finishing areas, he wants to score goals. He’s very good in the air.”

Edited by P45Mustang

Torres £10-£12m

Ba £7m

Ramires £15m

At today's prices I wouldn't argue with any of those valuations save for Torres.

I was listening to some talking heads the other night going on about Lukaku's work ethic. With his natural talent and eagerness to be better, his value could soar in the next few years.

Lukaku will get his big chance on the World stage...even more so with Benteke out........so if he pulls it off against some of the best defenders in the world...who nose Jose might keep him or sell him and make a nice profit. ..................and if he bombs out its win win for Jose (not good enough for Chelsea)

Thats a truly unique take on Mourinho's ill thought out and ultimately mistaken decision to loan out Lukaku

Bravo Keith.clap2.gif