Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

If I were a betting man I would say that the top 4 after only one game is an accurate prediction of the likely result come May.

Chelsea

Man C

Arsenal

Liverpool

(for those who can't be arsenalled to look it up)

Rarely turns out like you expect though. New signings/injuries/confidence/luck etc

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

If I were a betting man I would say that the top 4 after only one game is an accurate prediction of the likely result come May.

Chelsea

Man C

Arsenal

Liverpool

Rarely turns out like you expect though. New signings/injuries/confidence/luck etc

If Wenger gets a hair up his butt and buys a mean DM (did you see Fernando ?) and one more decent striker Arsenal could be right up there with City and Chelsea.

If history is any indication he'll find a reason not to and Arsenal will be 3rd or 4th. I admire Wenger but his perverse idea about winning it all without a fully loaded magazine would make me nuts were I a Gunner. He's got the dosh now.

• Like 2

Chelsea

Man C

Arsenal

Liverpool

If Wenger gets a hair up his butt and buys a mean DM (did you see Fernando ?) and one more decent striker Arsenal could be right up there with City and Chelsea.

If history is any indication he'll find a reason not to and Arsenal will be 3rd or 4th. I admire Wenger but his perverse idea about winning it all without a fully loaded magazine would make me nuts were I a Gunner. He's got the dosh now.

Couldn't agree more. And you just know he'll leave them short again don't you. biggrin.png

• Like 1

It actually cracks me up how much piffle you boys talk some times.

If we need anything right now, it's a quality striker and perhaps a centre half for cover, although Chambers seems to be perhaps capable of doing the latter *and* perhaps a DM job if required. What a great buy he looks.

But goals goals goals is what we lacked last season, if Giroud had been a racehorse he would have been put down in March he was so knackered.

Sanogo is too raw, and Campbell I don't think is an out and out striker.

If we need anything right now, it's a quality striker and perhaps a centre half for cover, although Chambers seems to be perhaps capable of doing the latter *and* perhaps a DM job if required. What a great buy he looks.

But goals goals goals is what we lacked last season, if Giroud had been a racehorse he would have been put down in March he was so knackered.

I said Wenger will leave you short again. Thats all, nothing else.

Oh, and again, thats exactly what he'll do.

I said Wenger will leave you short again. Thats all, nothing else.

Oh, and again, thats exactly what he'll do.

Short of what exactly? So far he has added four players to our team, all quality. French national full back; Colombian national keeper; England U21 Captain and Chilean national winger. And he hasn't finished.

Unless you count Bendtner leaving as a minus that is.

Incidentally, rumour has it that Khedira was actually a go until our new fitness coach turned up and promptly advised the club against it. He would know...

Edited by Chicog

No debating any of that !thumbsup.gif

" We know what you're thinking. Did they fire 6 shots or only 5? Well in all this excitement we kinda lost track ourselves. But seeing as this is Chelsea, the most powerful team in the Premier League and would blow your head clean off, you'd have to ask yourself 'do we feel lucky'...."

" We gotsta know."

biggrin.png

A little thought for the Chavs amongst us which spins off from a debate on the UNITED thread.

Preseason, UNITED travelled all over the US. Nice money, global footprint. Van Gaal got the hump because it was very demanding on his players.

Preseason, Chelsea played close to home in Europe. No money, no global footprint.

BUT. To launch an assault on the Prem and CL, our preseason was perfect.

Presumably Mr Abramovich was happy to pay the Ryan Air fares and Holiday Inn Express hotel accommodation.

Apologies if stating the obvious.

Nice one Jose.

" We know what you're thinking. Did they fire 6 shots or only 5? Well in all this excitement we kinda lost track ourselves. But seeing as this is Chelsea, the most powerful team in the Premier League and would blow your head clean off, you'd have to ask yourself 'do we feel lucky'...."

" We gotsta know."

biggrin.png

Steady on P45 or you'll be the first case of spontaneous human combustion on the forum. Yes, we played some very nice football with terrific movement in midfield, but we were entitled to do against a team that are most peoples fancies to go down. I'm not happy with Ivanovic playing at right back.....again. I thought we had solved that particular conundrum by signing Luis for bundles of money. Most of Burnley's attacks came down that flank. For Costa to get on the scoresheet was vital as it will give him the confidence he needs for future games.

A word on the Cech-Courtois situation. Cech now knows what it feels like when he ousted Cudicini as the number one stopper. Cudicini had had two superb seasons between the sticks and I,like many other Chelsea fans,thought that he deserved to carry on. Of course,Cech cemented his place and became one of the world's best but, my point is he should get his head down and not piss off at the first sign of competition,that is if he thinks he still is one of the best.

• Like 1

" We gotsta know."

biggrin.png

Steady on P45 or you'll be the first case of spontaneous human combustion on the forum. Yes, we played some very nice football with terrific movement in midfield, but we were entitled to do against a team that are most peoples fancies to go down. I'm not happy with Ivanovic playing at right back.....again. I thought we had solved that particular conundrum by signing Luis for bundles of money. Most of Burnley's attacks came down that flank. For Costa to get on the scoresheet was vital as it will give him the confidence he needs for future games.

A word on the Cech-Courtois situation. Cech now knows what it feels like when he ousted Cudicini as the number one stopper. Cudicini had had two superb seasons between the sticks and I,like many other Chelsea fans,thought that he deserved to carry on. Of course,Cech cemented his place and became one of the world's best but, my point is he should get his head down and not piss off at the first sign of competition,that is if he thinks he still is one of the best.

Fair doos oldgit. LB/RB position we have options. Dave Azpul can play left or right. Felipe Luis can do the business at LB. Not a problem. Ivanovic scores goals too.

Up to Cech I think regarding GK. No point him hanging about if he wants to be number 1 somewhere else.

I completely support what Mourinho is saying about this.

Burnley f.c. supporter here,watched it on streamline laptop,must say the best team won, was getting very exicted up to the 17th minute, but can't see Chelsea not winning the EPL, total football in second half and the best mid field Well done to the special one, Our ginger mourinio will have to wait a bit longer for 3 points,Bring on MUFC next home game .

• Like 1

Burnley f.c. supporter here,watched it on streamline laptop,must say the best team won, was getting very exicted up to the 17th minute, but can't see Chelsea not winning the EPL, total football in second half and the best mid field Well done to the special one, Our ginger mourinio will have to wait a bit longer for 3 points,Bring on MUFC next home game .

Ok matey. Respect.

It takes a brave manager to attack a team like Chelsea with limited resources. Burnley gave more than a good account for themselves everything considered. Even after they scored they were still not sitting back. I wouldn't be surprised if they shocked a few teams.

• Like 1

" We gotsta know."

biggrin.png

Steady on P45 or you'll be the first case of spontaneous human combustion on the forum.

He who dares Rodney, he who dares.

smile.png

Give me a shout if what I'm saying about the practicalities is incorrect.

thumbsup.gif

<<<<<<<<<< What do you think of the new avatar Guys?

I tried to put a gif up but found I didn't have the necessary IT skills.

So I went for a couple of gits instead.

( No reason for us not to be confident about doing something big this season IMHO.)

" We gotsta know."

biggrin.png

Fair doos oldgit. LB/RB position we have options. Dave Azpul can play left or right. Felipe Luis can do the business at LB. Not a problem. Ivanovic scores goals too.

Up to Cech I think regarding GK. No point him hanging about if he wants to be number 1 somewhere else.

I completely support what Mourinho is saying about this.

If Mourinho signed Steve Archibald as backup striker you would claim it as a masterstroke.

• Like 1