Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Good luck to Petr Cech..........one of the best keepers to have played in the Epl........and fair play to Roman for letting him get his wish to stay in London and play for a team that will be our strongest challengers for the title this forthcoming season imho

my only concern, with cech going to arsenal, that another R.V.P. to m/u, is on the table, never give a sucker (wenger)a even break, is my call on the t/f,

falcao is another hairy t/f.... to replace the mighty drog @180 k a week,...fluff me dead...even money. to make it or break it, is my call there

begovics t/f fee ,is now 8 mil, c/sea up the ante from 6 mil y/day, they want the deal wrapped up by the w/end, if done great signing is my call there

its a fantabalous morning to all my avid followers, on the footy forumsmile.png

Edited by evenstevens

Good luck to Petr Cech..........one of the best keepers to have played in the Epl........and fair play to Roman for letting him get his wish to stay in London and play for a team that will be our strongest challengers for the title this forthcoming season imho

my only concern, with cech going to arsenal, that another R.V.P. to m/u, is on the table, never give a sucker (wenger)a even break, is my call on the t/f,

falcao is another hairy t/f.... to replace the mighty drog @180 k a week,...fluff me dead...even money. to make it or break it, is my call there

begovics t/f fee ,is now 8 mil, c/sea up the ante from 6 mil y/day, they want the deal wrapped up by the w/end, if done great signing is my call there

Interesting comparison...Cech t/f with that of RVP. So how many goals do you think Cech will score for Arsenal in his maiden season?

Just so you know P45, it was a very honorable gesture by Abramovich to let him join Arsenal but as Mourinho would have whispered in his ear, you never weaken your opposition. Maybe its a sign of how confident Chelsea's hierarchy are in their superiority over the rest of the league that he was allowed this transfer.

Falcao might work but probably won't and it begs the question why, with your spending power take the risk? Mourinho's ego perhaps?

• Like 1

Interesting comparison...Cech t/f with that of RVP. So how many goals do you think Cech will score for Arsenal in his maiden season?

Just so you know P45, it was a very honorable gesture by Abramovich to let him join Arsenal but as Mourinho would have whispered in his ear, you never weaken your opposition. Maybe its a sign of how confident Chelsea's hierarchy are in their superiority over the rest of the league that he was allowed this transfer.

Falcao might work but probably won't and it begs the question why, with your spending power take the risk? Mourinho's ego perhaps?

Yeah the Chav hierarchy were blindsided by Wenger's cunning plan to save his way to the title...

You never "strengthen" your rivals ofcourse. Just thought i'd correct the obvious before [snipped] makes some banal post.

Interesting that Mourinho's sticking to the script on this one because no manager would have wanted to strengthen a rival and i also doubt Cech's service to the club would have gotten between Mourinho's ego and silverware. Perhaps a big signings been sanctioned to appease him!

Edited by mrbojangles
snipped post

Normally, I don't like the club getting 'leftovers' from a player joining the club who is clearly past his best. Falcao is 29 years old with a cruciate ligament damage injury still fresh in the mind. But, during his time at Athletico Madrid he was,in my mind, the best striker in the world. What Chelsea fan can forget the way he tore our defence to pieces in the UEFA Super Cup in 2012?

At United last season, I saw glimpses of the old Falcao and, with a 145 grand per week pay cut as well to appease the clubs' financial director, I think it's a loan move worth taking.

Normally, I don't like the club getting 'leftovers' from a player joining the club who is clearly past his best. Falcao is 29 years old with a cruciate ligament damage injury still fresh in the mind. But, during his time at Athletico Madrid he was,in my mind, the best striker in the world. What Chelsea fan can forget the way he tore our defence to pieces in the UEFA Super Cup in 2012?

At United last season, I saw glimpses of the old Falcao and, with a 145 grand per week pay cut as well to appease the clubs' financial director, I think it's a loan move worth taking.

You may be right OG but Falcao was a ghost at the Copa America. He was eventually dropped out of the starting eleven. I agree he was a tremendous striker. Remember, he tore the ACL in his other knee back in 2006 and he looks to have none of his famous explosiveness from years past.

I've always liked the guy but I suppose Chelsea are taking a "what the heck" gamble that he'll return to something like his past form. It does surprise me a bit that a club with tons of dosh have added another likely past it striker again after Drogba from last season.

• Like 1

with begovics signing and falcao on board ,the replacement of two greats, drogs and cech, have been completed

both signings look good business, and done in style,as both t/f were tricky deals to contend with

my guess is that c/sea will sit pat with no more signings,until a review for the winter t/f windowsmile.png

they have a nicely settled squad,plus great balance in all positions

both great assetts to defend their title

its a sterling good morning to all my admirers, know youse are all looking in,biggrin.png luvs youse all for it, really dosmile.png

with begovics signing and falcao on board ,the replacement of two greats, drogs and cech, have been completed

both signings look good business, and done in style,as both t/f were tricky deals to contend with

my guess is that c/sea will sit pat with no more signings,until a review for the winter t/f windowsmile.png

they have a nicely settled squad,plus great balance in all positions

both great assetts to defend their title

its a sterling good morning to all my admirers, know youse are all looking in,biggrin.png luvs youse all for it, really dosmile.png

You might be stretching it comparing Drogba and Falcao.

the following has been bantered around kings road for several months that john stones of everton has attracted c/seas sights

the above is gaining momentum at the bridgebiggrin.png

a unconfirmed report said c/sea have fired first shot, 20 mil

see how the wind blowssmile.png

a nice evening to all my followers on the footy forumbiggrin.png

my trusted kings road banter,has snowballed over night,the unconfirmed reports of 20 mil bid is now tabaliod hot news

second shot of 26 mil is now being loadedsmile.png

c/seas chamber will be reloaded until they shoot a bulleye,jose see this talented 21 yr old c/b as J.T. replacement,and wants him

also its is the special ones big kiss for a sucessful silverware last season from our great owner roman .

uptheos my old cobber,my sincere appologies for stealing your thunder, do luv youthumbsup.gif

its a birds singing good morning to all

I think this one could run & run. Everton have a good record of wringing out good value when they make a sale (remember Lescott to Man City). I'd take a guess that £30 million plus is what you'll end up paying. When you think about how cheaply you got Cahill, you couldn't really complain too much. Also, there are one or two donkeys playing for big clubs at centre half who cost an arm and a leg from abroad. At least Stones is tried & tested in the Prem.

• Like 1

I think this one could run & run. Everton have a good record of wringing out good value when they make a sale (remember Lescott to Man City). I'd take a guess that £30 million plus is what you'll end up paying. When you think about how cheaply you got Cahill, you couldn't really complain too much. Also, there are one or two donkeys playing for big clubs at centre half who cost an arm and a leg from abroad. At least Stones is tried & tested in the Prem.

Whatever the fee will be, you can bet that it will be inflated as he's a home grown player and will add to our quota. I've not been that impressed with the bloke, as he's a typical of a young English defender nowadays who looks good on the ball but doesn't know how to tackle. They tend to want to knick the ball off the toes of the opposing player. There was a programme on television recently highlighting that particular shortcoming, all due to how they have been taught in the art of 'defending' by the various coaching institutions.

The kid you just loaned to Boro (Kalas) is better...as is Zouma so it does look like the "home grown" quota is at play here.

Zouma is light years ahead of Stones, wil'. He's quicker, and has learned the necessity to defend properly in the Premier League, probably from Terry. I like Kalas as well. A great attitude but is just behind Terry (this surely must be his last season), Cahill,Zouma and Ivanovic in the centre back pecking order.

.I've not been that impressed with the bloke, as he's a typical of a young English defender nowadays who looks good on the ball but doesn't know how to tackle.

The kid you just loaned to Boro (Kalas) is better...

Zouma is light years ahead of Stones,

this potential t/f target , is not a question, whether stones is better player, then the ones we have on our books, or vice or versa, only time will tell us that

but to strengthen our back four in case of injurys and retirements, the latter being imminent

jose and company are looking and preparing to the very near futuresmile.pngclap2.gif , hence their strong interest in stones,and I.M.O. 30 mil plus is a very saavy business, for a very talented etc etc anglo saxon

u can bet london to a brick on that everton will have to raise his present wage around 30 mil to at least 60 m plus,if they do not except c/seas final bid,that will rattle their cage bigtime for a deal to be done

left back filpepe luis is expected (within days)to return to aletico madrid for around the 15 mil mark, a replacement is currently well in earnest

patrick bamford has signed a 3 yr contract and immmediately loaned out to crystal palace for the coming season, smart businness done by c/sea is my call

stones t/f, is still rolling , excuse the punbiggrin.png

a lovely early evening to allsmile.png

The decision to move on both Cole & Bertrand last Summer doesn't look too smart.

champers , u are champing on with the wrong bit and bridle

for entrees.. cole around the 33 yr old mark, had his day,vindicated by his ordinary displays since joining roma

for main course.....bertrand was sold to southamton due to, not being up to dave and luis playing status or being second or third fiddle part at c/sea

for desert....mou,s decision, is spot on,and both players left c/sea in very amicable terms,perhaps luis is on the way,so c/sea have abul the camel driver in their sights

and thomas kalas has just signed a 3 yrs contract,and moved to boro on a season long loan, nice work by c/sea

stones t/f bid is due to heat up in money terms this week. , e/ton are holding up for around the 35 mil number, according to my beautiful chelseaites at the bridge

its a super duper good morning to all my loveable fans on the footy forumsmile.png

P.S. wilai caught u reading my last post,thought u put E/S on the ignore list, just shows, that u luv mebiggrin.png

The decision to move on both Cole & Bertrand last Summer doesn't look too smart.

Don't agree. Mourinho's constantly fine tuning the side. He's replacing aging players, or players he feels can be improved upon. Just a few specific signings here and there similar to this summer. Sensible, pragmatic and why Chelsea will probably win the league again in excess of a ten point margin

Edited by carmine

OK, but you currently have a right back playing at left back, and no cover. Luke Shaw would have been a good buy for you last summer: proven in the Prem, English & a Chelsea fan.

Edited by champers

OK, but you currently have a right back playing at left back, and no cover. Luke Shaw would have been a good buy for you last summer: proven in the Prem, English & a Chelsea fan.

last season dave our current number one left back, was arguably the best EPL l/b due to. u mou,s astute coaching which has enabled him to change from one side of the pitch to the another

and also cover the great warrior branno r/b position,in case of injury or suspension,and filipepe taking his position at if that occurred

FLUFF luke shaw as a cover etc etc last season, based purely on the teenagers huge price tag and wages that was being asked, as the mighty mou said at the time how can i pay those wages

for a very talented teenager,when i have many seasoned medal winning pro,s earning less,

in come filpepe, no dressing room split,and done a job

a few days ago the mighty mou said apart from stones ,he is only looking for a l/b if filpepe leaves, no other signings

but moses is back in his squad ,due to his good form on loan to the potters last season,

plugger mikel is happy to see his remaining 2 yrs contact as a bench warmer, c/sea at this point of time have a very stable squad and staff in all areas,to defend their title

its a happy sunday afternoon to all my beautiful readers on the footy forumsmile.png

I think Mourinho made it clear that his concerns with Shaw stemmed from the problems that would be created over parity with wages when factoring in an inexperienced teenager. I also think the performance of the defense last season says enough.

I'm not a Chelsea fan btw!

That was the best of our pre- season games by a long way ,Hazards goal was a bit special. Moses has had a good tour and has put himself at least in the shop window if not in this forthcoming season,s squad. We will see the squad taking shape a bit more over this coming weekend.........and hopefully the Stones transfer saga coming to an end..........one way or the other.

"Jose told the clubs website:

‘ Cahill has a chance of a broken nose, maybe yes, maybe no. If no, perfect. If yes, he will get a mask tomorrow to be ready for Sunday!

‘Diego felt a little thing in his hamstring. We believe it is just a feeling, no more than that, but we have to wait.’"

That was the best of our pre- season games by a long way ,Hazards goal was a bit special. Moses has had a good tour and has put himself at least in the shop window if not in this forthcoming season,s squad. We will see the squad taking shape a bit more over this coming weekend.........and hopefully the Stones transfer saga coming to an end..........one way or the other.

The problem with signing Stones is, because of the adulation he received from the media last season and the fact that he's an England International, he will expect to play the vast majority of games. As I've said before,I don't rate him as highly as our other centre backs in the squad and, I think, if he had been a young defender from say, Croatia or Serbia, he wouldn't have received nowhere near the amount of praise he got.

Felipe Luis was unlucky in that he fell victim to Mourinho's preferred system of having a hard working right back playing left back and a towering monster of a centre back playing right back! Luis was too good to be sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

The problem with signing Stones is, because of the adulation he received from the media last season and the fact that he's an England International, he will expect to play the vast majority of games. As I've said before,I don't rate him as highly as our other centre backs in the squad and, I think, if he had been a young defender from say, Croatia or Serbia, he wouldn't have received nowhere near the amount of praise he got.

Felipe Luis was unlucky in that he fell victim to Mourinho's preferred system of having a hard working right back playing left back and a towering monster of a centre back playing right back! Luis was too good to be sitting on the bench.

there is no problem at all with stones possible signing

cast your mind back to rio fernanland,s t/f from leeds to m/u for around 30 mil aprox 2001, c/sea are punting for a same scenario

got to speculate to accumalate

how was luis a victim to mou,s preferred system???

luis unfortunately ran into daves great form,and could ,nt unseat him ,simple as that

and all partys concerned, have reached a very amicable t/f , good business for both clubs ,me thinks

The only thing that would concern me is the lack of upgrading in the fringe players. Last season Mourinho had incredible luck with the lack of injuries but what for example would be the scenario if say, Hazard or Matic took a bad injury. Mikel and Moses are not up to scratch. Certainly a player targeted like Hazard seems to be is unlikely to start thirty-eight games like last season. I just find this strangely remiss of Mourinho.

• Like 1