Any you blokes get gifts from ur wives / Gfs?

Kenny202

I get a bit annoyed when most won't accept the fact that I know quite a few Thais who are earning monthly from 150,000 to 500,000 a month and expenses.

Needless to say they don't work in 7/11.

On this thread, we're mostly talking about Thai women in their mid-to-late 20's to mid-to-late 30's (the demographic group most foreign men end up in romantic relations with).

Please tell me what occupation someone in this demographic group might be engaged in which would allow them to earn 150,000 to 500,000 baht a month in Thailand, or for that matter afford to buy their boyfriend a 265,000 baht motorcycle.

Here are some examples of income I am familiar with. A rural general practice physician 30,000/month. My female dentist who has been professionally employed in a private hospital for 15 years proudly told me she earned 60,000/month. A female electrical engineering graduate who "hoped" to earn 40,000/month after 5 years on the job. A female student who recently graduated with a hotel management degree who expects to earned 15,000/month. A 35 year old male oil and gas engineer who earned 45,000/month. A 50 year old female primary school teacher (who has taught for 20 years!) reported she earned 40,000/month. A pork vendor husband and wife team who does a brisk business 6-7 days a week told me they earned 30,000+/month. A 50+ year old woman who worked in a Bangkok office, has travelled abroad on business, and headed up a team of about 15 people claimed she made 100,000/month.

None of these well-educated and professionally employed women could afford to purchase a 265,000 baht motorcycle for her boyfriend's birthday. So I guess that's why I too am wondering what line of work RayK's girlfriend is in that allows her to afford such a lavish, (even by Western standards,) birthday gift for her boyfriend.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a lucky guy...She is a keeper...
he , not tell truth
Here's the bike. Would you like to see the car too.

Get a life buddy.

. Ur first post was a Boast, I can take a pic of a Lambo and say it's mine, too, u admitted it a Boast, so why would I believe anything u posted, get a Life, I don't need anybody to buy me anything, more than enuf for anywhere in the World

Can you post a picture of yourself with a Lambo and say it's yours because I can post a photo of me with my bike.

. I have experience with your type, my brother is a Parasite, also, he just cleared 3 mil usd off his exwife, so a lil motorbike, I think you can do Better...I 'd rather a post of ur gal.

You can have that too. I took this pic just for you.

All that money and a luxurious Manchester United FC quilt on the bed.

Quality.

Oh dear, some posters really don't seem to be much fun to hang out with. All the negativity. I'd suggest to adopt the " live and let live" motto or do go and become a monk for a while. Brighten up. Life is full of shit as it is, so why such pesimism? Have a virtual beer and if you think one is bullshitting the other, have a laugh and take an extra sip. Smile! And buy your loved one a gift or other token of love, she her (him) smile, might cheer you up and smile in return! :)

I get a bit annoyed when most won't accept the fact that I know quite a few Thais who are earning monthly from 150,000 to 500,000 a month and expenses.

On this thread, we're mostly talking about Thai women in their mid-to-late 20's to mid-to-late 30's (the demographic group most foreign men end up in romantic relations with).

Please tell me what occupation someone in this demographic group might be engaged in which would allow them to earn 150,000 to 500,000 baht a month in Thailand, or for that matter afford to buy their boyfriend a 265,000 baht motorcycle.

Here are some examples of income I am familiar with. A rural general practice physician 30,000/month. My female dentist who has been professionally employed in a private hospital for 15 years proudly told me she earned 60,000/month. A female electrical engineering graduate who "hoped" to earn 40,000/month after 5 years on the job. A female student who recently graduated with a hotel management degree who expects to earned 15,000/month. A 35 year old male oil and gas engineer who earned 45,000/month. A 50 year old female primary school teacher (who has taught for 20 years!) reported she earned 40,000/month. A pork vendor husband and wife team who does a brisk business 6-7 days a week told me they earned 30,000+/month. A 50+ year old woman who worked in a Bangkok office, has travelled abroad on business, and headed up a team of about 15 people claimed she made 100,000/month.

None of these well-educated and professionally employed women could afford to purchase a 265,000 baht motorcycle for her boyfriend's birthday. So I guess that's why I too am wondering what line of work RayK's girlfriend is in that allows her to afford such a lavish, (even by Western standards,) birthday gift for her boyfriend.

Private sector yes. I admit they have contacts but then again is that any different from UK etc.

Just because you have money behind you doesn't make you HISO.

Anyone remember a short series in UK called Poor Little Rich Girl ?

It all depends on how you deal with the money.

SIL's son goes to a private school in BKK but is allowed a phone with just enough to cover emergency calls and no connections to social media etc so is growing up to not be a spoilt brat. Pocket money is 20 baht a day.

He is taught to enjoy reading and is good at conversation in both Thai and English.

Private engineers, generally working in thaiz overseas or even I know someone working as an engineer in Laos on 150k month. Someone I tute earns 10k an hour in Singapore as an engineer. But usually it's from starting up their own businesses or working for family businesses. My Mrs school friend (Chula Uni dux) gave up everything to open a fashion business and is on more than any figure mentioned a month. Another friends family owns a soccer club in England and her family gave her 6 restaurants in bkk to run. There are people out there. But really why are we discussing it. What difference does it make if your wife gives you a motorbike or a pair of shorts. It's the thought that goes into it. Mine spent all night every night learning knitting to make me something. I would prefer that to a motorbike that took 5 minutes to sign for. It's not the gift it's the thought and appreciation.

Rayk gave honest advice per the thread. Someone asked him to post photos and prove his comments which was rude anyway. He's shown the bike, a STUNNING girlfriend and a good sense of humour. Good luck to him I say

Edited by Kenny202

It's not my fault that you're poor and I'm not.

Hope you enjoy your 30000b a month teaching position chump.

Don't be such a hater, I think it's about time that you grow up and stop acting like a child. Just because you're living paycheck to paycheck doesn't give you the right to look down upon those who are more fortunate than you.

Now piss off.

To be honest.

She put the 59000b down payment on the bike and the 125000b down payment on the car and I paid the rest.

It was the thought that counts.

Btw, she already owns her own car.

cheesy.gif

you make my day....

You guess cant give payment from sallary 30k b for Yaris and 650 ricebike? not see big difference

that you're poor and I'm not.

more fortunate than you.

clap2.gif cheesy.gif

50 year old... yaris and rice bike ( even not own, bank owner) in Thailand and its not poor and "fortunate"?

facepalm.gif

Get back to me when you can speak my language.

You obviously missed the part where I said I paid the rest.

She put down 59000 I paid the other 240000 cash for the rice bike.

She put down 125000 for the car I paid the remaining 350000 cash

But I understand by your writing skills that your reading comprehension is probably just as bad.

I'm not going to waste any more time explaining anything to the haters.

Get a life.

Btw,I've got another 7 years to go before I hit the big 50.

Fortunate enough to have retired at the age of 40.

How about you?

Edited by Rayk

Get back to me when you can speak my language.

You obviously missed the part where I said I paid the rest.

She put down 59000 I paid the other 240000 cash for the rice bike.

She put down 125000 for the car I paid the remaining 350000 cash

But I understand by your writing skills that your reading comprehension is probably just as bad.

I'm not going to waste any more time explaining anything to the haters.

Get a life.

Fortunate enough to have retired at the age of 40.

How about you?

SO you say is you be bank for she?
wink.png
and what is change?
yaris and 650 ricebike its not poor and "fortunate"?
cheesy.gif
its far from 30k sallaryblink.png ?
I'm sorry did not mean to offend
but you look as you look
How about you?
I am poor guy stay in Thailand.. hope next yaer get out..
I look also older than my age. Although fat has appeared recently.
biggrin.png
Edited by ardokano

A real relationship can go above who's got what or how much.

Both of us are happy with whatever we buy each other. Expensive presents or silly little gifts are looked at the same way. If it's all one sided then eventually it's going to go bad.

The move to marry and live in Thailand was made easier for me as she could provide me a car, a motorbike, a big house and quite a bit of land for me (me being 26 with no money, her 28). But there is really no point comparing oranges or dick sizes as no matter what you get there will always be someone richer, more powerful or better looking. You'll live a life of stress and what ifs otherwise. The best gift to date is my daughter. Just be happy guys with whatever you get, how has this post caused so much bitterness. If you want amazing gifts why move to a country where the majority of the population aren't on a lot of money? In saying that a small token of effort is naturally expected sometimes on both sides.

The OP's post wasn't really about birthday cake or gifts, it was more about the question of whether you are in a relationship of love and respect, or not? A couple of brave souls have posted the photographic proof, that it is possible to have a positive Thai-foreigner relationship, based on respect. If one partner is financially better off, that will be a factor enhancing their attractiveness in a relationship, which is true the world over, and fine, as long as it is not the sole reason for the coupling. I think the problem is that if it is the only reason, you have an employer-employee relationship, and not a partnership.

I think her comment that her living with you is worth something means she doesn't actually like you.

Considering this, you can't really blame her for anything else.

No I don't think that's true. We've been together for 4 years and I'd be pretty sure if she didn't like or love me. She certainly doesnt get any financial incentive to live with me apart from supporting her on a day to day basis and i assume she wouldn't have wanted a child together if she wasn't thinking long term. No supporting her family, no buying houses, cars in her name etc.

It's quite possible her attitude stems from these things. Isaan girls 100% measure the success of their relationship on what financially they can amass, not how much love or happiness. Before anyone jumps down my throat..I'm talking poor village girl here. Many different castes here. I often wonder about the guys on here that do have wonderful relationships if they are forking out. I mean if the farang is supporting the whole family in a manner they are satisfied with I imagine there would be a lot of pressure on the lady to make sure her man was happy and the golden goose didn't fly the coop. Generally we enjoy being together and have a good time. It's more her skewed up idea of a male / female relationship ie: she takes and man gives and beleive me she's not the only isaan girl with that attitude whether with a Thai or farang guy. I assume a thai guy knows how to handle her better or he moves on. There has been a huge amount of improvement in her attitude but early days. Seems to be the way. They're good as gold and you live in hope then they do a u turn and run off the rails again

Edited by Kenny202

The OP's post wasn't really about birthday cake or gifts, it was more about the question of whether you are in a relationship of love and respect, or not? A couple of brave souls have posted the photographic proof, that it is possible to have a positive Thai-foreigner relationship, based on respect. If one partner is financially better off, that will be a factor enhancing their attractiveness in a relationship, which is true the world over, and fine, as long as it is not the sole reason for the coupling. I think the problem is that if it is the only reason, you have an employer-employee relationship, and not a partnership.

100% correct

I think her comment that her living with you is worth something means she doesn't actually like you.

Considering this, you can't really blame her for anything else.

No I don't think that's true. We've been together for 4 years and I'd be pretty sure if she didn't like or love me. She certainly doesnt get any financial incentive to live with me apart from supporting her on a day to day basis and i assume she wouldn't have wanted a child together if she wasn't thinking long term. No supporting her family, no buying houses, cars in her name etc.

It's quite possible her attitude stems from these things. Isaan girls 100% measure the success of their relationship on what financially they can amass, not how much love or happiness. Before anyone jumps down my throat..I'm talking poor village girl here. Many different castes here. I often wonder about the guys on here that do have wonderful relationships if they are forking out. I mean if the farang is supporting the whole family in a manner they are satisfied with I imagine there would be a lot of pressure on the lady to make sure her man was happy and the golden goose didn't fly the coop. Generally we enjoy being together and have a good time. It's more her skewed up idea of a male / female relationship ie: she takes and man gives and beleive me she's not the only isaan girl with that attitude whether with a Thai or farang guy. I assume a thai guy knows how to handle her better or he moves on. There has been a huge amount of improvement in her attitude but early days. Seems to be the way. They're good as gold and you live in hope then they do a u turn and run off the rails again

100%? What kind of people are you mixing with? When I got married many villages came to visit us to show their support. And by poor we are assuming on less than 100 baht a day work or no work at all. These people were very generous, always willing to help and even giving gifts (not much to us but a lot to them). To this day are willing to help us if we need it on the farm etc and when we offer payment they always refuse. Yes, a percentage of poor Issan people who hunt farang for money exist but to suggest the most populated region in thai are 100% like that is ridiculous. You just seem to be looking in the wrong areas. There are good thai out there. Poor or rich, there are many with good hearts. The problem is the ones who make themselves available to farang are usually not the good ones. Of course thai society goes off how powerful, rich or how good you look but I know many people to have started to go against this tradition. Make a claim about your situation by all means, but don't generalise a whole region on thinking that was present 20 years ago. Cross your T's and dot your is before marrying a woman, cos I can promise there is many who just want a normal relationship. And if the guy is stupid enough to fork out for someone who doesn't respect them then that's their own fault, so they shouldn't complain about it.

I still can't agree with you. I lived in a village for 2 years and as you say wonderful people. I'm not talking about black hearted bar girls setting blokes up in Pattaya. I would say most single girls I met were all hoping for a bloke to come along, maybe settle their debts and support them and they're family. I'm not saying they were bad people. That's just seemed to be their expectation / culture. Like I said not saying they're bad people, just the way it is and from what I've seen I feel I can generallise. I don't think many guys here would have experienced what you are talking about in a rural village. Refuse payment for work? And who works on a farm for 100 baht a day? You can go and cut Aoy or rice...pull casava for 300. I'd be wondering where you live?

Edited by Kenny202

I still can't agree with you. I lived in a village for 2 years and as you say wonderful people. I'm not talking about black hearted bar girls setting blokes up in Pattaya. I would say most single girls I met were all hoping for a bloke to come along, maybe settle their debts and support them and they're family. I'm not saying they were bad people. That's just seemed to be their expectation / culture. Like I said not saying they're bad people, just the way it is and from what I've seen I feel I can generallise. I don't think many guys here would have experienced what you are talking about in a rural village. Refuse payment for work? And who works on a farm for 100 baht a day? You can go and cut Aoy or rice...pull casava for 300. I'd be wondering where you live?

300 baht is minimum pay in thai. Even most phone shops don't pay 300 per day. Maybe you're not talking about poor people at all lol. Well poor by our standards but not thai. They stay in the village for their families. 300 a day is 6000 a month, a government official secretary is on 7000 and to get that you need a degree and pass a test. Maybe you haven't fully got into thai life, once accepted thai are very generous people, continuously offering food and alcohol. Also I think my age makes a big difference, I'm 26 and also my family (her father being the mayor). But in my 5 years of knowing many thai people in both thai and Melbourne my experiences have, yes, been very different. 7 times out of 10 it's the thai person paying if we go out, not from me trying not to pay but them not letting me. Like I said though, comment on your experiences but don't generalise all thai like that as others have other experiences

300 baht is minimum pay in thai. Even most phone shops don't pay 300 per day. Maybe you're not talking about poor people at all lol. Well poor by our standards but not thai. They stay in the village for their families. 300 a day is 6000 a month, a government official secretary is on 7000 and to get that you need a degree and pass a test. Maybe you haven't fully got into thai life, once accepted thai are very generous people, continuously offering food and alcohol. Also I think my age makes a big difference, I'm 26 and also my family (her father being the mayor). But in my 5 years of knowing many thai people in both thai and Melbourne my experiences have, yes, been very different. 7 times out of 10 it's the thai person paying if we go out, not from me trying not to pay but them not letting me. Like I said though, comment on your experiences but don't generalise all thai like that as others have other experiences
That's right I am commenting on my experiences. Poor people? Dirt floor...eating rats and frogs. Not enough money to buy charcoal let alone gas to cook.

Is that poor enough? Are you telling me in the bush people are working for someone else for 100 baht a day? That's simply not true. There are some paying under that minimum but they are struggling to get anyone to go picking season.

There are many blokes on here have farms can't get workers at any price. The norm where we were was 250+ lunch and lao kao after work. 7000 for a government worker isn't true either. Maybe a trainee. I know many work in local government, schools and on farms and your information is wrong. And as for generalising. That means the majority. I'm not saying all rural Thai girls have these expectations but your dreaming if you think the majority dont

Edited by Kenny202

That's right I am commenting on my experiences. Are you telling me in the bush people are working for someone else for 100 baht a day? That's simply not true. There are some paying under that minimum but they are struggling to get anyone to go picking season. The norm where we were was 250+ lunch and lao kao after work. 7000 for a government worker isn't true either. Maybe a trainee. I know many work in local government, schools and on farms and your information is wrong
A government workers such as a secretary or a driver is on that much. Maybe not in bkk but in issan yes. My wife is a government officer and her secretaries and drivers are on that much. If you have extra training like ems you can get more. My good friends works at a shop selling phones for 200 baht a day. She happily pays for me when we go out to eat, or we share. Experiences are always different Edited by wildewillie89

. It's 200 baht a day for field work outside of Korat , no food, group food brought by everyone, drink included Lao Kao , m150, red bull, soda Edited by Ireland32

I wonder what kind of relationships you guys have.. Of course i get presents when I have a birthday and so does she. Seems normal to me that both get stuff.

I would see it as a sign that I am just good for one thing, if I had to give her stuff on her birthday and mine was forgotten.

I thought you were divorced, so who gives you the presents?

Congrats to the Op on such a click-bait thread.

Cant remember if its been done it before but yes, this will be a 30+ pager for sure.

In the end it will be the " I paid nothing" crowd against the "my girls different"

I think the only way of judging a winner will be in those few who can admit they got a 100 baht birthday present, shortly after donating 10,000 to the latest family/debt/ worthwhile cause.

Congrats to the Op on such a click-bait thread.

Cant remember if its been done it before but yes, this will be a 30+ pager for sure.

In the end it will be the " I paid nothing" crowd against the "my girls different"

I think the only way of judging a winner will be in those few who can admit they got a 100 baht birthday present, shortly after donating 10,000 to the latest family/debt/ worthwhile cause.

Surely if you choose a girl who is making you pay anything or not giving you anything then there is no real reason to complain. That's the guys own stupidity, so accept it. And if people think 100% of thai are like that then why marry a thai? The thread says time and time again its not about 'bar girl's' but the way people are talking... My wife family has debt (not my wife) but made it very clear the day we married that they will never ask for it. I also made it clear that I I'll never pay it before accepting me. It was the straight talking that made it easier for them to accept me (the father being army). Of course you buy them food sometimes and birthday presents, just like they do for us. And to just to make you all shocked they are an Issan family, should really all stop the generalisations all thai are money hungry and not capable of just feeling. Edited by wildewillie89

• 6 months later...
On 22/05/2016 at 9:00 AM, wildewillie89 said:

Surely if you choose a girl who is making you pay anything or not giving you anything then there is no real reason to complain. That's the guys own stupidity, so accept it. And if people think 100% of thai are like that then why marry a thai? The thread says time and time again its not about 'bar girl's' but the way people are talking... My wife family has debt (not my wife) but made it very clear the day we married that they will never ask for it. I also made it clear that I I'll never pay it before accepting me. It was the straight talking that made it easier for them to accept me (the father being army). Of course you buy them food sometimes and birthday presents, just like they do for us. And to just to make you all shocked they are an Issan family, should really all stop the generalisations all thai are money hungry and not capable of just feeling.

Willie, you said earlier today that your wife's father is the Mayor.

I'm confused as all the mayors I've known in my 31 years working here have had a lot of money. They certainly wouldn't expect a lowly paid English teacher to help them out.  Something doesn't add up.

1 minute ago, Johnniey said:
On 5/22/2016 at 9:00 AM, wildewillie89 said:

Willie, you said earlier today that your wife's father is the Mayor.

I'm confused as all the mayors I've known in my 31 years working here have had a lot of money. They certainly wouldn't expect a lowly paid English teacher to help them out.  Something doesn't add up.

Well, it seems my friend, you know corrupt mayors. Look up the salary of a mayor and get back to me....