What actually happened in the volleyball?

I've heard lots of complaints about the 5th set against Japan, about how Thailand was conned out of the win. Anyone know if the red cards were for the interchanges or for the arguing? Of course I wanted Thailand to win but I also want to know what actually happened from a neutral perspective.

Yeah I saw a post somewhere where some Thais want to "blacklist" the Japanese team. All because of officiating....

Sounds about right.

Remember when the Thai football team lost a decision against Singapore or Malaysia and the manager pulled all the players off the field.

And the Thai badminton star that attacked his teammate in america or Europe in the middle of a game.

Such angry beings. It comes to the front when their falsely inflated ego is dented by reality. :(

Will there be boycott of the Japanese volleyball team because they lost to them now?

Yeah I saw a post somewhere where some Thais want to "blacklist" the Japanese team. All because of officiating....

yep that sounds about the right sort of childish response id expect from the Thais

Sounds about right.

Remember when the Thai football team lost a decision against Singapore or Malaysia and the manager pulled all the players off the field.

And the Thai badminton star that attacked his teammate in america or Europe in the middle of a game.

Such angry beings. It comes to the front when their falsely inflated ego is dented by reality. sad.png

Will there be boycott of the Japanese volleyball team because they lost to them now?

Ackuse me? Boycot the Japanese? whistling.gifwhistling.gif The only nation who keeps investing in Thailand? Nahh, that won't happen.

If Thailand did so they would only make themselves look stupid. They're smarter than that.

Seems like they had the fifth set (to 15) well in hand, then maybe became unraveled with a call/challenge/red card. I think they were already well out of the top 4 (out of 8) needed to qualify for the Rio Olympics, so a really tough loss.

Thailand go down to Japan in close battle amidst controversial referee’s decision

The fifth set, by any measure, was one of the most incredible sets of volleyball most fans will ever see. Thai captain Pleumjit Thinkaow was an inspiration for Thailand, leading the team to wrap up at 9-3.
The loss of awareness in the FIVB new technology brought with it a heavy price for Thailand; the first red card came when they were leading 12-7. But instead of concentrating on sealing the game, the team became distracted and continued to argue with officials, doubtful why the touch-screen tablet was not working at the time when they wanted to either replace a player or challenge through an hawk-eye instrument. The second red card was inevitable; it came when Thailand was trailing 12-13 and the red card meant one point handed to Japan. Leading 14-12, the host side allowed the visitors one more point to capture the dramatic set 15-13 and the match.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/sports/Thailand-go-down-to-Japan-in-close-battle-amidst-c-30286282.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-xo3pD2W2w