Thai representative quits FIVB executive board in protest

webfact

Thai representative quits FIVB executive board in protest

69_FIVB-wpcf_728x410.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s representative in the International Volleyball Federation Charnrith Wongprasit has quit all his executive committee posts in the federation in a protest against alleged unfair refereeing of last week’s match between Thailand and Japan.

Charnrith said that he also cancelled his supervisory role for volleyball matches at the Olympic Games in Brazil but he would continue to do his job at the World Grand Prix tournament’s final match in Bangkok and to work for the Asian chapter of FIVB for another three years.

He said that he could not accept the Mexican referee’s decision to forfeit two points from the Thai female volleyball team in the match against Japan on the ground that the Thai team and its head coach lack disciplines.

The Thai team lost 2:3 to Japan in the pre-Olympics match on May 18.

After the match, the FIVB website blamed the Thai team and head coach for the lack of disciplines.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/164356

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-05-24

I saw the game and my normally passive educated girlfriend was livid as I tried to make fun of it.

Mexicans arriving there would be advised to keep a very low profile.

They were ripped off and prevented from making the games.

But we can see why.

They use it for propaganda purposes in a fiercely nationalistic tone.

I am buying tickets in Bangkok and paying all expenses for her and junta fanboy Brother to watch Australia vs Thailand in men's soccer November 16th World Cup qualifier .

Australia are current asian Champions and likely to beat them.

For that reason it's worth the money.

The great thing about these stories is the junta appear powerless to act.

They can however use it it install hatreds

I saw the game and my normally passive educated girlfriend was livid as I tried to make fun of it.

But we can see why.

I am buying tickets in Bangkok and paying all expenses for her and junta fanboy Brother to watch Australia vs Thailand in men's soccer November 16th World Cup qualifier .

But we can see why.

I'm making an attempt to make sense of your post, not start an argument. If I am reading your post correctly it would be okay for a referee to penalize an Australian team and prevent that team from gaining an Olympic games berth, if the referee didn't agree with Australian politics. I thought referees, umpires and other officials were supposed to provide fair unbiased enforcement of the rules....silly me.

But we can see why.

But we can see why.

I'm making an attempt to make sense of your post, not start an argument. If I am reading your post correctly it would be okay for a referee to penalize an Australian team and prevent that team from gaining an Olympic games berth, if the referee didn't agree with Australian politics. I thought referees, umpires and other officials were supposed to provide fair unbiased enforcement of the rules....silly me.

Having watched a lot of Thai Premier and first division football over the last few years I can say that unbiased enforcement of the rules is not always the case...especially when playing certain 'big' clubs.

In the real world, thoughtless actions, or reactions, have consequences. In Thai society you may be able to avoid those consequences, but in an intenational event on live TV there is no escape.

This pronouncement smack more of gamesmanship than sportsmanship. It will only leave Thai volleyball in the wilderness as far as FIVB are concerned, with no one to represent Thai concerns or interests on the International body of the sport.

"They use it for propaganda purposes in a fiercely nationalistic tone."

Every country does.

Maybe during the cold war, but not anymore.

Now its just unstable xenophobic "third-world" countries (Russia, China, North-Korea, Thailand, etc) doing this.

I didn't watch the game and have only read news accounts of what transpired. Based on the news accounts the Thai coach received two 'red cards' for delay of game for attempting to raise the issue of a malfunctioning tablet with officials.

Did Thailand have any remaining time outs at the time of the alleged tablet malfunction? If so, couldn't the coach called time out using the traditional 'hand signal' and then discussed the tablet issue with officials?

In addition, why did the Thai coach risk the imposition of a second 'red card' after receiving the first? It doesn't seem to be a prudent move.

In many sports, teams lose when a coach overreacts to an emotionally charged situation.

90 % of the time I support Thailand and Thais in sporting competition ( except when playing Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos or Myanmar). But these Prima donna officials are a complete pain: get over yourself and get on with it or FO and shut up.

But we can see why.

But we can see why.

I think Junta countries need special consideration the same with North Korea or radical states.

Thailand is being used by the elite class.

And propaganda is a major concern

Why it was better to blatantly cheat and red card the Thais and deny them the games was two fold.

Thais believe a privileged position in the world recent comments regards westerners not be refined enough to understand Thai society highlights it.

The comments the military have tried to use regarding the volley ball side being spirited and the embodiment of "" correct fighting attitude "" takes on another dimension when it's a junta saying it.

The coach was arrogant when he thought they had it won.

But certainly the Mexican referee went too far when he handed out two red cards.

Had he not have and they made the games the Junta would have been similar to Hitler at the Berlin games and make it more than a sporting event.

My girlfriend was furious my Australian sports betting account was used from Sydney to profit on the Japanese victory.

I bet on them.

Dog house.

But I feel unstable societies that have already delusional ideas of their place in the world needed grounding .

It's a fine line between nationalist spirit and outright race propaganda .

And the Thais feed into the latter.

The defeat in November of the men's team in soccer will wound them further .

World Cup qualifiers.

One thing the Junta can't control is defeats in sport and putting Thailand to the sword using Red cards.

Better get used to it I suppose

On and off the field.

Ah, diddums, did you not get your way? Did that nasty referee enforce the rules?

If you saw it you'd know that the problem was he didn't enforce the rules. Try to comment on things that you understand and know about, please.

Ah, diddums, did you not get your way? Did that nasty referee enforce the rules?

If you saw it you'd know that the problem was he didn't enforce the rules. Try to comment on things that you understand and know about, please.

Did the Thai coach not completly lose his rag?

The deductions were for wasting time and bringing the game into disrepute, were they not? Is that not part of the rules?

Hmm, now here's a thing...

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2016/05/19/more-sports/volleyball/japan-edges-thailand-volleyball-cliffhanger/#.V0PZzPl95hE

Edited by Bluespunk

That coach is an absolute disgrace. 100% correct decisions, but a real shame for the team.

Remebmer also their footy team that walked off the pitch during an International match a few years ago because they didn't like the refereeing decisions.

Thais, pressure and a world stage - forget it.

But we can see why.

But we can see why.

I think Junta countries need special consideration the same with North Korea or radical states.

Thailand is being used by the elite class.

And propaganda is a major concern

Why it was better to blatantly cheat and red card the Thais and deny them the games was two fold.

Thais believe a privileged position in the world recent comments regards westerners not be refined enough to understand Thai society highlights it.

The comments the military have tried to use regarding the volley ball side being spirited and the embodiment of "" correct fighting attitude "" takes on another dimension when it's a junta saying it.

The coach was arrogant when he thought they had it won.

But certainly the Mexican referee went too far when he handed out two red cards.

Had he not have and they made the games the Junta would have been similar to Hitler at the Berlin games and make it more than a sporting event.

My girlfriend was furious my Australian sports betting account was used from Sydney to profit on the Japanese victory.

I bet on them.

Dog house.

But I feel unstable societies that have already delusional ideas of their place in the world needed grounding .

It's a fine line between nationalist spirit and outright race propaganda .

And the Thais feed into the latter.

The defeat in November of the men's team in soccer will wound them further .

World Cup qualifiers.

One thing the Junta can't control is defeats in sport and putting Thailand to the sword using Red cards.

Better get used to it I suppose

On and off the field.

Your incessant ranting against the current Thai government is now understandable. Anyone who believes and advocates sporting teams and individuals being treated unfairly and disadvantaged by the referees because of the political status in their own country is contemptible beyond words. What's next treat different those with certain religious beliefs or racial backgrounds more or less favorably at points depending on your views?

This was a sporting contest. The referee who comes from one of the most corrupt and crime ridden countries in the world makes a very controversial decision and favors a nation that sticks it's finger up to the rest of the world when it comes to slaughtering whales, refuses to admit its horrendous historical past and has committed vile atrocities in the past.

And all you do is whine on about Thailand because you don't like the government or political situation. But you had no problem when a crook was running the country, introducing massive scams through his puppet sister and her goons and enrich themselves.

Congratulations, you are the very first poster I shall ignore in future.

boo hoo they lost, if you can't accept the refs decisions, which are never perfect, then don't bother playing in the first place. Thais showing themselves up again as emotionally immature and bad sports.