Buying 2nd hand CBR250 advice needed

Looks in good nick.

The exhaust could be a problem. Can't the dealer register it for you? They usually have contacts at the DLT. If they say no, then ask how much they charge to do it. (thinking 2-3000B) I wouldn't risk doing it myself with that exhaust on it.

Gasohol 91 will be fine but I would put gasohol 95 in it as the engine knocks less.

Edited by macknife

Its not just about the noise the muffler ( not the pipe ) is supposed to have a Thai standard T.I.S stamp on it to be legal.

it's an Akrapov pipe. I can't see any stampings on it?

Change the tires. Michelin or Pirelli. Probably 4 k baht.

Get a K&N Airfilter. P robably 1,500 baht.

You will have transformed it into a different, and much better bike.

I assume 4k thai baht for each tyre or the pair?

Congt on the bike, yes it does looks nice considered it's 5 years old.

Regarding the tampered odo's; I read on FB expats bikers (in Thailand) about a guy the sold his Kawa Z800 and bought a Ducati at the same BKK dealer. When he saw his old bike for sale the odo had gone 8000 km down from when he handed the bike over.

I am not saying that OP's bike had the same done to it but more like a warning to orhers on the forum that you have to be real carefull.

Regarding the tampered odo's; I read on FB expats bikers (in Thailand) about a guy the sold his Kawa Z800 and bought a Ducati at the same BKK dealer. When he saw his old bike for sale the odo had gone 8000 km down from when he handed the bike over.

I am not saying that OP's bike had the same done to it but more like a warning to orhers on the forum that you have to be real carefull.

From what I read you're average roadside shop without expensive equipment and know how couldn't roll back a digital ODO. I just couldn't see it being worth their while on a cheap bike like mine. If they did alter the ODO they certainly didn't take advantage of it achieving a higher sell price. Same model bikes locally I saw for 5-15k THB higher priced even with 30,000-40,000k on the clock and really poor condition. I could definitely understand them wanting to do it on a high end 300k THB plus bike. I am stoked with the bike. Got a full service....new oil, filter, coolant and 12k service for 350 baht from a Honda dealer! They said the bike was excellent. Rides and looks like new. Very happy!

From what I read you're average roadside shop without expensive equipment and know how couldn't roll back a digital ODO. I just couldn't see it being worth their while on a cheap bike like mine. If they did alter the ODO they certainly didn't take advantage of it achieving a higher sell price. Same model bikes locally I saw for 5-15k THB higher priced even with 30,000-40,000k on the clock and really poor condition. I could definitely understand them wanting to do it on a high end 300k THB plus bike. I am stoked with the bike. Got a full service....new oil, filter, coolant and 12k service for 350 baht from a Honda dealer! They said the bike was excellent. Rides and looks like new. Very happy!

You should be happy. Good looking, cheap bullet proof bike. What's not to be happy about. Enjoy.

More like delighted :-) Full service and inspection done at Honda 2 days ago. 375 baht. All 100%. Got a temp baffle put in the sports pipe yesterday and passed DLT inspection this morning. All transfer done for 1200 baht (inc 500 tea money). Back to get the baffle out and sounding awesome again. Happy as 3 pigs in <deleted> :-)

Edited by Kenny202

You might have some problems with that exhaust at the DLT and/or police checkpoints did they give you the original ?

95 without methanol is rather hard to find these days.

I hope changed filtr to K&N or etc and adjust the flow of fuel mix..

otherwise i do not understand why need changed exhaust..rolleyes.gif

You might have some problems with that exhaust at the DLT and/or police checkpoints did they give you the original ?

I had to muffle the exhaust for DLT inspection. It's too noisey (but wonderful :-) )

I had to muffle the exhaust for DLT inspection. It's too noisey (but wonderful :-) )

I guess sound its for childrenrolleyes.gif .

Normaly change exhaust with filter and new fuel mixture settings for get more power/torque.

Ps

Good luck on road

Enjoy ridethumbsup.gif