Another Snatch and Run. More Gold Disappears into the Pattaya Night

webfact

Another Snatch and Run. More Gold Disappears into the Pattaya Night
Story by Albert Jack

pat2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Just after midnight on the morning of June 1 the police were in action after reports of yet another gold necklace being snatched from a tourist.

Forty-three year old Chinese national Mr Sue Kwo Wei, who is the owner of a shipyard in Shanghai, had been on his way to dinner when a motorcyclist pulled alongside him and grabbed a necklace said to be worth around 100,000 baht.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224779/another-snatch-run-gold-disappears-pattaya-night/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-06-01

Who in their right mind would walk around Pattaya at night with 100.000 baht of gold around their neck??

Price of necklace probably been inflated for insurance purposes.

I see this kind of comments all the time, most probably by people who can't afford any jewelry, so only sour grapes.

Anyway, please tell us what's the purpose of jewels and jewelry shops if you're not allowed to wear it.

Another tourist whacked ....

There is a time and place to flaunt jewelry. Midnight on the streets of Pattaya are not the time or the place.

If you had 100,000 Baht in cash would you put it in a small clear plastic bag and wear it round your neck or tape it to your wrist ?

Then walk about in streets well known for this practice of grab and run.

BUT....

They want more High Class tourists to come here....get robbed, beaten to a pulp by local thugs, maimed and killed on the roads, on the beaches, in the sea, in elephant parks and even drown in swimming pools.....

I read news articles from all over the globe but it seems this place stands out when any incident happens the word Tourist / Holiday maker comes up in the headlines nearly every time.

Amazing.....

When you think of all the tourists that go to Australia, New Zealand, the entire length of the North Med coastline through about 7 countries, Caribbean islands, Florida etc you see the odd incident reported but on a global scale...this seems to be number 1 every week.

And what will be next when all the tourists leave their gold at home?

Simply being robbed at knife/gunpoint to see what's in the pockets?

What hot tip will the experts have then?

Don't move around in Pattaya?

Stay at home (after dark)?

Give the place a miss?

Last one probably the only effective.

Who in their right mind would walk around Pattaya at night with 100.000 baht of gold around their neck??

I see this kind of comments all the time, most probably by people who can't afford any jewelry, so only sour grapes.

Anyway, please tell us what's the purpose of jewels and jewelry shops if you're not allowed to wear it.

Anyone who goes around showing a lot of jewellery in any city in the world is asking for trouble or maybe you stay home so you wouldn't know that. Most people who have gold chains and the like, myself included, keep them out of sight. My chain is covered by my shirt. I don't wear it to show off which must sadden you but because I want to wear it. If the only reason you buy any jewellery is to show off then yes you deserve everything you get and you will lose it at some time.

Maybe the people who show it cant really afford it hence they want to show what wealth they want other to perceive they have.

A few years ago it was commonplace for Thai woman to especially to show of their gold proudly as as a sign of success.As no one in their right mind would wear gold outside especially in Pattaya these days .Has this effected the purchase of gold chains .If so what are the ladies buying instead i wonder ?

A few years ago it was commonplace for Thai woman to especially to show of their gold proudly as as a sign of success.As no one in their right mind would wear gold outside especially in Pattaya these days .Has this effected the purchase of gold chains .If so what are the ladies buying instead i wonder ?

Probably designer handbags, designer sunglasses and expensive perfumes. Diamonds and other jewels are also very nice. Of course many Thai people like to buy those little gold bars and keep them in the safe.

100k ThB would what, about 4-5 baht weight, very roughly at today's prices and allowing for workmanship charge. Usually nice quality from China, IME. That's not so thick for a man's chain.

i am getting sick and tired of reading this load of bol##cks about people walking around with that amount of tom around their necks.its all a load of Tom Pepper and anybody who believes it is as stupid as my red poodle.No,one and i mean no,one would be so brainless as to walk around with all that tom slung around their neck.I thought these Chinese were street wise.

this is Crap,utter crap and crap of the the highest order,in fact ive never read so much crap..

i am getting sick and tired of reading this load of bol##cks about people walking around with that amount of tom around their necks.its all a load of Tom Pepper and anybody who believes it is as stupid as my red poodle.No,one and i mean no,one would be so brainless as to walk around with all that tom slung around their neck.I thought these Chinese were street wise.

this is Crap,utter crap and crap of the the highest order,in fact ive never read so much crap..

Phew.......Having a bad day KK Dave ?????

Your rant made my confronting and killing of a Cobra in my garden....seem like a lottery win

Do your heart a favour and "chill out". Man

Agreed its as if the victim is at fault.....!!

To be fair, 100,000 THB is not a lot for a gold necklace. it could be a simple gold chain (maybe with a cross or astrological symbol or something) that he has had a habit wearing all his life. Lots of people have simple chains/necklaces that they wear every day. In this case, he probably didn't think: Oh, this is Pattaya, I better take off this not-expensive chain that I wear everyday.

If he was strutting around with 1M THB Jewelry or diamonds or a tiara, then sure :P But next up will be don't wear your watch, don't carry a top-end smartphone, don't wear Nike's (some might remember US Kids getting shot up to have their nike's stolen).

At the end of the day, will one be blamed if they walk around in anything but rags and a 20 THB bill in their pocket as if they were asking for it and should know better?

Someone who is normally in places where crimes like this do not happen and is unaware and uninformed that Pattaya is not like that.

I have actually warned a couple of guys I see with gold around their necks and either been told to mind my own business, or that it wasn't real gold. You know the type, singlet, big shoulders, I ain't scared.

Edited by jacko45k

What's 100,000 baht when you own a shipyard rolleyes.gif

Edited by OMGImInPattaya