Disillusioned Syrian refugees return home

webfact

Disillusioned Syrian refugees return home

606x341_335149.jpg

PARIS: -- Syrians who risked their lives coming to Europe have ended up living in limbo.

Atia Al-Jassem, a 27-year-old Syrian barber from Damascus has made the decision to head back with his wife and one-year-old daughter after spending months stranded on the Greek-Macedonian border.

“We did not expect we were going to be treated as such in Europe. We thought they will be humane, looking after us and after our children, protect our children. We thought we will be helped, but what we found was the opposite. Europe has no feeling for us at all,” he said.

Like many Syrians, Atia’s journey to Germany was cut short when the borders were closed, and now months of living rough have taken their toll. Some Syrians are now reportedly paying smugglers to return home.

Every night at the border town of Didimoticho police report seeing around 20-40 refugees heading towards Turkey.

Even those who have reached Germany are considering the move back. Dania Rasheed, a refugee from Syria says she experiences ‘humiliation and disrespect’, adding that their life was “not stable, there is psychological pressure, everything is forbidden and it’s “not like the life they used to live in Syria”.

More than 420,000 Syrian refugees arrived in Germany in the past year. Resources are stretched and the country is overwhelmed meaning it can take months for asylum applications to be processed.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-06-10

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at all his expectations, he and the rest arrived illegally and uninvited, notwithstanding Juncker and Merkel the Mouth, and simply expected all they wanted would be instantly granted. I'm sure this will become a major BBC Television sob story.

It almost seems that some powerful people or some countries agenda was to let Europe settled by millions of Muslims, and that the world would be better or worst by millions of uninvited, mostly poor and uneducated people will invade Europe and other countries, and if this is not the case, than certainly many of those powerful people and those counties did nothing to stop this mass migrations.....

If a column of ants is streaming into your house from under the front door, and one ant is heading the opposite way, is it really fair to say the ants are going away - heading home? Utter desperation by MSM to find this one family that includes a female and an infant, and even more desperate to paint their situation as normal and give the impression that Syrians in Germany want to return back to Syria. Of course they do not, which is why millions more are on the way - as well as their mates from Algeria, Somalia, Egypt, Morroco etc etc

Look at all his expectations, he and the rest arrived illegally and uninvited, notwithstanding Juncker and Merkel the Mouth, and simply expected all they wanted would be instantly granted.

I'm sure this will become a major BBC Television sob story.

"Look at all his expectations, he and the rest arrived illegally and uninvited, notwithstanding Juncker and Merkel the Mouth, and simply expected all they wanted would be instantly granted."

I would have added 'Free of charge' to that sentence.

I would also like to ask where they got the impression from that it was all out there waiting for them should they only present themselves at the border - Not just shelter and basic food, but healthcare, a house, education, their own vehicle, the employment of their choice... Who is telling them this and why did it sound plausible to them when the likes of the rich gulf states offer more or less SFA?

Edited by baboon

Look at all his expectations, he and the rest arrived illegally and uninvited, notwithstanding Juncker and Merkel the Mouth, and simply expected all they wanted would be instantly granted.

HELL....do you still watch BBC?...Thats no longer a News Service. Just an outlet for Dark Skin Documentaries in Africa...

Edited by weegee

"We expected them to look after us." and there lies the problem. In Europe the roads

roads are paved with gold. They will look after us and we will get everything we see

on TV and in the movies. facepalm.gif

HELL....do you still watch BBC?...Thats no longer a News Service. Just an outlet for Dark Skin Documentaries in Africa...

I live in hope that Capt Pugwash, Bill and Ben etc will come back but probably not PC enough for the Beeb. biggrin.png

So he is admitting he was an economic migrant all along and not a refugee,

This man is something of the poster boy for what's happening in Europe. Sure there are genuine refugees but they lose out because they've been swamped by migrants of the economic variety yet politicians, aid agencies and especially the media are not interested in highlighting such people.

In all the interviews with migrants how many get questioned about entering countries illegally, demanding to be given exactly what they want or the fact the majority of Europeans simply don't want them and other pertinent questions ?

From my own experience such interviews are rare compared to the almost non-stop sob stories with migrants being spoon fed questions to highlight their ' plight '.

If it is true that some people are paying the smugglers to take them back, then the EU countries that have rescue ships just sitting off africa should offer to ferry them back free of charge.

Like many Syrians, Atia’s journey to Germany was cut short when the borders were closed, and now months of living rough have taken their toll. Some Syrians are now reportedly paying smugglers to return home.

Once again, walls and barriers do work.

I would love to see the figures on those returning, its a shame that most news is just PC propaganda.

Imagine the BBC doing a report on the volume of economic migrants and exposing that aspect etc.

Imagine, as that's all we can do.

From what little I can glean from the story, it does not appear that this guy had a valid claim to refugee status to begin with. He was from Damascus which is under the control of Assad and therefore safer than some of the other areas. Opposition groups are probably not active in Damascus, at least not openly. He doesn't make any claim to belong to any group that would face persecution and he makes no attempt to disguise himself or his family.

His situation is sad, but hopefully he will spread the word that you should not go to Europe unless you have no other options.

It is very true that it is the non-refugees who make the situation very difficult for the real political refugees.

Although his journey didn't turn out the way he, his wife and child wanted, he is back home alive and well. Hopefully lessons learned and taught to others.

“We did not expect we were going to be treated as such in Europe. We thought they will be humane, looking after us and after our children, protect our children. We thought we will be helped, but what we found was the opposite. Europe has no feeling for us at all,” he said.

vs.

adding that their life was “not stable, there is psychological pressure, everything is forbidden and it’s “not like the life they used to live in Syria”.

I live in hope that Capt Pugwash, Bill and Ben etc will come back but probably not PC enough for the Beeb. biggrin.png

So do I ....who can forget master Bates, and Seaman Staines......Not to mention Bill & Ben with their weed........giggle.gif ..and to stay on topic, good riddance, just another economic migrant trying to leech of the taxpayers of Europe bah.gif

As long as we keep picking them out the sea and handing out the welfare benefits they will keep coming until our financial systems and societies fall apart. Politicians could learn a lot about preserving national identityfrom LOS.

From what little I can glean from the story, it does not appear that this guy had a valid claim to refugee status to begin with. He was from Damascus which is under the control of Assad and therefore safer than some of the other areas. Opposition groups are probably not active in Damascus, at least not openly. He doesn't make any claim to belong to any group that would face persecution and he makes no attempt to disguise himself or his family.

His situation is sad, but hopefully he will spread the word that you should not go to Europe unless you have no other options.

It is very true that it is the non-refugees who make the situation very difficult for the real political refugees.

Although his journey didn't turn out the way he, his wife and child wanted, he is back home alive and well. Hopefully lessons learned and taught to others.

Agree totally Scott. The heading to this story is wrong. This family should never have been referred to as 'refugees', they are economics migrants as you say.

Such a shame these folks detract from the genuine cases out there.

this morning on the way to work I noticed around 50 Refugees outside the local government office in Düsseldorf all there to probably register themselves, what was amazing was the fact that there was not one woman or child there, only the men.

When I registered my Thai wife and MIL, they had to both be present, so are these men all here in Germany alone or are there other rules for them.

there is psychological pressure, everything is forbidden and it’s “not like the life they used to live in Syria”.

very true!

people from "poorer" countries never quite understand the stress Westerners, especially Europeans have to go through.

"We expected them to look after us." and there lies the problem. In Europe the roads

roads are paved with gold. They will look after us and we will get everything we see

on TV and in the movies. facepalm.gif

I guess they don't buy the, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk