Mad crazy

happynthailand

I've already seen so that in smaller here. And in the next morning the termites (or ants?) are gone and you find only the wings remaining.

After the first time it happened, I closed the gap between doors and ground because we got them in house!

My wife has a black light mounted up high on the garage wall and a regular fluorescent light over tubs of water. Her and her family eat the thousands of the catch. Using that setup also keeps them away from the house. The first catch of the season, they were too small so she fed them to the fish.

Maleng Mow.....annoying things. See to precede rain and as said hit the ground, thrn lose their wings. They then seem to latch onto the rear end of another and scuttle off. Attracted to light in an instant.

We've had loads here in Khon Kaen, leave an annoying mess after too. Don't seem to serve much purpose other than annoy me to the highest degree!!!!

Exceptional!

I remember seeing loads of them around my florescent light, then within about 5 mins they had all disappeared.

We also see them regularly.

With "exceptional" I mean the mere amount in the OP's picture.

Much more than I have ever seen.

And interestingly they will only follow the white neon tubes (supposedly for the high amount of UV light).

I have two other outside warm color lights which do not attract them.

We throw the main switch that cuts off all the outside lights and sorry to say the neighbour gets them all.

Serious question though, I know the frogs have a feast but where exactly do they disappear to, into the soil, into dark holes etc.

I honestly don't know.

We had the big flying ants first. They hatch after the first rain here and on the second night there were up to a million. One of my dogs ests them and the pigeons also. Had to hose the paths next morning. I do not believe they are termites. GF said they were the eating variety. We put a light over the lake and that feeds the fish.

When it rains we get them in droves. I have security ights all around and a couple left on in certain areas of the house during the night. My neighboutrs also leave a couple of lighs on and we have a couple of nearby street lights, so now, whenever it starts to rain and as soon as it get dark, off go all my lights and gues what, they wander off to the neighbours ad the street lights and I have a nice clean yard and home the next day. The neighbours love them, deep fried. My light bill is also cheaper, so I've killed two birds with the one stone.

Yeah - but deep frying small bits of protein probably obliterates any sustenance value.

Hats off anyway to all the 'gone native' Isaanites who eat all these bugs. Not a badge of honour that I'll be wearing anytime soon.

Archived