Flies

Just buy this at your local market (very cheap). Put it onto some sticks (usually they come with it) and watch them stick to it

post-10213-0-71880900-1465731083_thumb.j

Edit: Very impressed OP, that you managed to count them all biggrin.png

Edited by MJCM

Just buy this at your local market (very cheap). Put it onto some sticks (usually they come with it) and watch them stick to it

flytrap.JPG

Edit: Very impressed OP, that you managed to count them all biggrin.png

Easy, counted them on one foot and multiplied by 2 plus a fudge factor.

Will look for the sticky thing.

Cheers.

You should also be able too buy sticky fly paper from your local market or shop. We buy five sheets for 20 baht. Works well from my experience. You just open them out and you have an instant fly party....that there is no going home from....

I must admit that I can't remember ever seeing so many flies In previous years as there seems to be at the moment.

You should also be able too buy sticky fly paper from your local market or shop. We buy five sheets for 20 baht. Works well from my experience. You just open them out and you have an instant fly party....that there is no going home from....

I must admit that I can't remember ever seeing so many flies In previous years as there seems to be at the moment.

Care to show a picture ? I have never seen those in our local market Edited by MJCM

I suppose that's why I posted. For me as well it just seems to be they are taking over the whole place, outside that is.

Not sure if because of the long hot period followed by a lot of rain or what.

Have to say my little Thai dog is also doing her bit to lessen the numbers.

God knows how many she's chopped already.

It works. It's a holocaust for the flies.

Think Pocky with fly flavouring.

IMG_09181.jpg

That looks impressive.

I will get tomorrow.

That's nothing. I only took a photo of two Pocky fly-flavoured skewers. There's actually thirteen out there today and they're covered with thousands of the little blighters, which is pretty much the same as yesterday.

Edited by wooloomooloo

overherebc, on 12 Jun 2016 - 20:19, said:overherebc, on 12 Jun 2016 - 20:19, said:

Ha ha. We had the local frog out yesterday afternoon picking them off at random. Not the poisonous variety, though. My wife would tap his back and he'd puff up in to some super frog-monster.

I love the flora and fauna here and shame we have to return to UK later in the week. sad.png

This little colourful iguana was doing his best to shag all of the local female population:

post-175321-0-70856400-1465738607_thumb.

Edited by wooloomooloo

overherebc, on 12 Jun 2016 - 20:19, said:overherebc, on 12 Jun 2016 - 20:19, said:

Ha ha. We had the local frog out yesterday afternoon picking them off at random. Not the poisonous variety, though. My wife would tap his back and he'd puff up in to some super frog-monster.

I love the flora and fauna here and shame we have to return to UK later in the week. sad.png

This little colourful iguana was doing his best to shag all of the local female population:

attachicon.gifIMG_0899.JPG

Lots of life around my place. Two months ago we had two visits from a Hoopoo, most days have two large couls hunting frogs in the back garden. We've had all kinds of snakes including a fairly large cobra that luckily only paid a short visit. A monitor lizard that keeps sticking it's head over the wall from the waste ground at the back. Many birds that include tiny things that don't look much bigger than a humming bird, they love playing in the spray from the sprinkler on the back lawn and are nesting in the hedges.

Everyday seems to bring something different. All good apart from the bloody flies.

Care to show a picture ? I have never seen those in our local market
post-179888-14657998793896_thumb.jpgpost-179888-14657999306495_thumb.jpg

Maybe they are not available everywhere.

Do what was reported in America in the hot, humid, southern states in the summer for many decades.

Hot and sweaty women would sit on the porch with their legs spread resting their feet on the porch railing holding a watermelon.

Flys never landed on the watermelon! It was very comfortable sitting next to them!

Another brand of sticky fly paper.

Just this morning I bought three sheets in our village shop.

5 Baht a piece.

Funny enough they are Made in Vietnam.

About a dozen trapped already on one.

Exactly like these:

image.jpg

Obviously you can mail order a 1000 (!) pieces for 2200 Baht if you have a billion flies biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2016 at 4:38 PM, Kabula said:

Do what was reported in America in the hot, humid, southern states in the summer for many decades.

Hot and sweaty women would sit on the porch with their legs spread resting their feet on the porch railing holding a watermelon.

Flys never landed on the watermelon! It was very comfortable sitting next to them!

That joke has whiskers on it. Boom, boom.