Recommend A Hotel

leisurely

Can anyone help me out? Please could you recommend a hotel closish to the flower exhibition. I am intending to come and stay overnight with my parents and five year old. As I understand it, the hotels are quite full and so I would need to make the reservations soon.

Thank you

Leisurely

Can anyone help me out? Please could you recommend a hotel closish to the flower exhibition. I am intending to come and stay overnight with my parents and five year old. As I understand it, the hotels are quite full and so I would need to make the reservations soon.

Thank you

Leisurely

The area of the flower expo is not really saturated with hotels and once you get out of town a bit most will be in the main catering for Thais (this doesn't in itself make them bad, but they are generally where Thai men take their "bits on the side")

There is a releatively new hotel, the "Airport Hotel" which is off Mahidol Road (off on the left as you head east) I think that it is signposted. It looks OK from the outside but again is probably patronised in the main by Thai "see above" (after all there are more of them)

Edited by john b good

I would suggest one of the many resorts on Samoeng Road such as the Suan Bua or the Belle Villa.

However; I have had several groups of people come and go this week. They had no problems getting a hotel here. The hotels that they stayed also ranged from budget to 5 star. Personally, I think that the rumour of the hotels being booked solid is false.

The largest and closest would probably be the Phucome hotel which is actually on the Irrigation canal road, and only a short trip to the expo. Sorry I don't have their number to hand, but I'm sure a quick search will find it.

That hotel is right beside my condo - it is very popular with Thai tour groups and you would be very lucky to get a room there.

Chiang Mai isn't that big - you could get a hotel anywhere in town and it's not going to take more than 30 minutes to get there.

PS. Avoid the Rydges - it is overpriced and low quality

what about chiangmai plaza? has anyone stayed there before?

The largest and closest would probably be the Phucome hotel which is actually on the Irrigation canal road, and only a short trip to the expo. Sorry I don't have their number to hand, but I'm sure a quick search will find it.

That hotel is right beside my condo - it is very popular with Thai tour groups and you would be very lucky to get a room there.

Chiang Mai isn't that big - you could get a hotel anywhere in town and it's not going to take more than 30 minutes to get there.

PS. Avoid the Rydges - it is overpriced and low quality

• 2 weeks later...
what about chiangmai plaza? has anyone stayed there before?

The smaller rooms are at the front of the hotel directed at teh package tour groups, the better rooms are at the back, about +2,000 Baht walk in rate. Breakfast OK for a large upcountry hotel, mixture of bland Thai, ABF and Korean.

Edited by Cuban